Wonder Weapon Bracket Round 3

RadZakpak

• Moderators

Here is the starting bracket for round 3:

yxnv7741.svg

Here are the rules for voting:

First, I will provide a list with matchups, for example:

1. Electric Cherry vs Deadshot Daiquiri

You would make your choice by replying with your pick and a reason why, something like:

1. Deadshot Daiquiri: I can't precisely tell you why I like it.

Focus on the design, history, and relevance of the wonder weapon as opposed to just damage.

Next Thursday I will tally votes and advance winners to the next round.

Here are the match-ups:

1. Apothicon Servant vs 31-79 JGb215

2. Ray Gun Mk II (Including Alpha Omega variants) vs Paralyzer

3. Wolf Bow vs Wunderwaffe DG-Sharfshutze

4. Primordial Gauntlets vs Alistair's Folly

Ich spreche kein Deutsch, aber ich lerne. So viele Versionen von "the".

Oh ja, stimme, dummkopf!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This first match up is evil. Pure evil aimed at damaging my precious spleen, but I must decide:

JGb you are my love and I will never let you down, just like you have never let me down.

Ray Gun MkII deserves the spot. Never felt anything with the paralyzer (<-- is that a pun?)

Wolf Bow is coolest bow.

Coin toss: Alistairs Folly.

Ja, ja, ja, ja, ja, ich stimme doch schon ab. Hetz mich nicht!

• Moderators

1. 31-79 JGb: Points for creativity here, there's truly nothing else like it.

2. Ray Gun Mk 2s: Paralyzer is an interesting utility, however the Mk2 variants have so much variety and accommodate many play styles. Paralyzer is pretty much just for camping and slows the game down.

3. Wunderwaffe DG-Sharfshutze: Such a cool gun, wolf bow is pretty cool but not this cool.

4. Primordial Gauntlets: This one's tough, as both have multiple upgrades and a lot of variety. Edge goes to gauntlets as you can choose your style of play, while with the Folly you rely partially on luck.

• Moderators

1: The JGB is just awesome. it perfectly fits shang, has a cool effect, the name itself is a mini easter egg, and is overall just top tier. 

2: This one is really close but I think the variants push the Mark II over the edge. The electric Ray Gun is just a less OP version of the paralyzer, really. And there's just so much variety within the other variants.  

3: This gun is awesome, it feels good but takes a lot of skill to use, hand this gun to a noob and they'll probably struggle compared to something like the thundergun.

4: This one is really tough but I'll go with the Folly. The Folly feels amazing to use, a revolver WW in zombies was much overdue and it's quite a great weapon. 

31-79 JGb-215: As much as I love the idgun for how effective it is, it's not really fun. The JGb; design-wise, effectiveness-wise, and lore-wise will ALWAYS be fun to use.

Raygun Mk. II: As difficult as it is, especially considering the Paralyzer's overwhelming utility, I think the experimental Mk. II prototypes give the Mk. II an edge here, though just barely. The Paralyzer is, at least in my eyes, a worthy alternative.

Wunderwaffe DG-Sharfshutze: This isn't even a fair comparison. The DG-1 is one of the most effective weapons we've ever had, whereas the wolfbow begins to fall off relatively early in comparison.

Alistair's Folly: When in its final form, the Folly becomes the deadliest weapon we've ever had, and the gauntlets, as much as they provide variety, do not come close. The Folly has a cool aesthetic, varied gameplay and its infinite damage tenancy combined with its ammo reserve make it unmatched.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

1. Shrink Gun. By the way I adore it how the official name of this weapon is actually a cipher referring to the location of the map.

2. Paralyzer: I think my favourite weapon: design, effect and also the mystery revolving its background.

3. Though I agree with Lenne that the Wolf Bow is the best bow (and it also has a cool background), the Wunderwaffe Scharfshutze is so nice because it is no overpowered weapon, for some perhaps even shitty, but it requires skill and then it turns into a great weapon.

4. Ich kan nicht vor diesen Waffen stimmen, entschuldigung

Archived