Revelations Conversation Quotes

RadZakpak

• Moderators

Link to Google Doc version.

Credit to Talam on Youtube for compiling these in one of his videos and subtitling them. I followed the audio and subtitles, correcting them in my transcriptions, and organizing to the best of my ability. Some of the quotes were put in the wrong sequence in the video but I don't fault Talam since he just had to piece the random files together.

Edward Richtofen and Tank Dempsey - Crossfire

Spoiler

Dempsey: So, Richtofen, with all this mayhem unfolding around us, have you formulated a new plan?

Richtofen: Yes, Dempsey, my plan is to live through this day. If we can do that, then we still have a chance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dempsey: Those kids in the House, they’re actually us? Created from our souls in the Summoning Key?

Richtofen: Ja, Dempsey, the children are us. But they are free of the confusion and delusion that has shaped our existence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dempsey: So this Dr. Monty, what do you actually know about him? Was he another Group 935 scientist or something?

Richtofen: (chuckles) Oh, no. He may call himself a Doctor, but Monty is so much more than that.

Dempsey: How do I know this isn’t what you wanted all along, Richtofen? I mean, throwing the whole universe into perpetual chaos seems like exactly the kind of thing you’d do.

Richtofen: You are wrong, Dempsey. Just as Dr. Monty explained, this is not the future we had sought to secure. Something has gone terribly, terribly wrong.

Dempsey: So, answer me honestly, how much of this chaos is your fault? Did our little trip to Alcatraz have anything to do with it?

Richtofen: Be quiet, Dempsey! I told you, that’s our little secret.

Edward Richtofen and Nikolai Belinski - Crossfire

Spoiler

Richtofen: I know you’re not particularly fond of me, Nikolai, but I promise you: I’m really trying hard.

Nikolai: (sighs) You should try harder.

Nikolai: The children in the house… they are us? Are we to believe that they are vessels for our eternal soul?

Richtofen: Ja, Nikolai, that is exactly what they are: Vessels for our eternal souls.

Nikolai: What of these bodies that we currently inhabit? What becomes of us when the battle is over?

Richtofen: You will see, Nikolai, und one day, you will thank me.

Nikolai: Your plan forced me to relive painful memories I would rather have left in the past! I am not sure I should thank you for that.

Richtofen: You misunderstand me, Nikolai. I’m referring to the future, not the past.

Nikolai: I fear that our future will soon be upon us. Our journey’s end is rapidly approaching.

Richtofen: Let us just agree to disagree, Nikolai. I have every intention of living a long und eventful life.

Edward Richtofen and Takeo Masaki - Crossfire

Spoiler

Takeo: We have travelled far, Richtofen. But what do you know of our true destination?

Richtofen: We have to focus on restoring order to this universe, Takeo. Which means doing the kind of things we usually do.

Takeo: Questions remain unanswered, Richtofen. What of the children? The Monty Doctor seemed to imply that they are us?

Richtofen: They are what we could be, had we lived in a world unsullied by the evils that have punctuated each and every moment of our existence.

Takeo: If the children are us… then what of us? The bodies we now inhabit, what becomes of them when order is restored?

Richtofen: That question has been on my mind for a long time, Takeo. I believe the answer is not one that would bring you any comfort.

Takeo: Are you returning to your old, duplicitous ways, Richtofen? Do you have another agenda that we are unaware of?

Richtofen: I promise you, Takeo, I will make this right... with or without the help of Dr. Monty.

Takeo: You have kept your word. As you had promised, I was shown the truth, by my own misguided path.

Richtofen: Have faith, Takeo. Other than all the times I betrayed, tortured, or tried to kill you, have I ever let you down?

Tank Dempsey and Nikolai Belinski - Crossfire

Spoiler

Dempsey: You still seem real mad at Richtofen. You having second thoughts, Nikolai?

Nikolai: Second thoughts? My opinion of the German has barely wavered, but I believe we are serving a higher purpose.

Dempsey: So do you think this Dr. Monty is the real deal?

Nikolai: I see no other explanation, Dempsey. But as for how closely his goals are aligned to Richtofen’s, is something that remains to be seen.

Dempsey: I know, and you put up a bigger fight than the rest of us. You think your gut feeling about RIchtofen was right all along?

Nikolai: Each of us have made the ultimate sacrifice in the name of Richtofen’s plan. We have hunted down and extinguished our other selves.

Dempsey: We’ll fight side by side, back to back… even if it’s for the last time, Nikolai.

Nikolai: Though I fear the end approaches, I believe Richtofen holds cards he has yet to play.

Tank Dempsey and Takeo Masaki - Crossfire

Spoiler

Dempsey: So, Tak, you notice anything off when we bagged Nikolai’s soul in Stalingrad?

Takeo: Many things were “off” on our last mission, Dempsey, but I believe I know what perplexes you.

Dempsey: The big beam of light that came out of the Summoning Fucker… it shot right up into the sky and I saw figures in it. You, me, Nikolai-

Takeo: But no Richtofen. An intriguing realization. An unlikely revelation.

Dempsey: I’ll tell you what I think, I think our pal Richtofen ain’t got a soul. Not sure if he ever did.

Takeo: If our memory of Stalingrad is correct, why do you think we saw only three figures?

Dempsey: Exactly! I’m starting to see a flaw in this plan, specifically that we don’t seem to feature.

Takeo: Hmm… If our souls are truly within the children, then what is left of us?

Dempsey: I ain’t sure I like the sound of that. What if I don’t want to be a fucking kid? What if I just want to be me?

Takeo: Perhaps when the battle is over, our spirits will join in unity, ascending to another plane of existence.

Nikolai Belinski and Takeo Masaki - Crossfire

Spoiler

Takeo: You know that this journey has changed us all, Nikolai.

Nikolai: However much I would wish it to be otherwise, I know that my past is gone forever.

Takeo: Would you welcome a fresh start? For your soul. The chance to live a new life, far from this realm of violence and fear.

Nikolai: I do not believe the survival of our eternal souls is the real driving force behind Richtofen’s agenda. He is a… selfish creature.

Takeo: I think you are mistaken. I believe this Richtofen has sacrificed more than we may ever know.

Nikolai: Tell me, Takeo, what do you believe in?

Takeo: My beliefs have changed greatly. But I will tell you one thing I know for sure, Nikolai: Even though we are bound by destiny, in our hearts, we are a team.

Nikolai: I cannot dispute that. The fact that I allowed myself to do what I did proves that.

Takeo: What do you believe in, Nikolai?

Nikolai: I believe in a higher power. I believe this Dr. Monty may well offer us our best hope for the future, whatever it may be.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Killer work Rad, all of these threads! These posts will everlasting be a usefull tool for all, revealing interesting quotes I self have never heard.

One in particular strikes me:

"Nikolai: The children in the house… they are us? Are we to believe that they are vessels for our eternal soul?

Richtofen: Ja, Nikolai, that is exactly what they are: Vessels for our eternal souls."

What does this mean? Are eternal souls the same yellowish orbs we see swapping between Richthofen and Sam in the Moon Quest? The same yellowish orbs we see being absorbed from the undead upon filling the MPD tanks and Origins chests? Or are 'Eternal souls' something different? 

I'm also not quite sure about the meaning of the icons we receive upon doing the Quests in BO3: the Summoning Key for doing Shadows, which is quite understandable since Richthofen acquires the Key there. But also Gateworms for every map we harvest a soul of Ultimis/Primis (except the Giant, but that's another story). Is the Gateworm-ritual process in Shadows of Evil used as a metaphore for what we do in BO3? Since Mob is some kind of metaphore for breaking the loop, I could see Shadows having some kind of similar role. Anyone who understands what exactly we do in Shadows, and how it can relate to capturing the souls of Nikolai, Tank, Takeo and Doctor Richtofen? Surely it has something to do with their souls being bound the Elemental Shard

• 7 months later...
On 1/20/2020 at 2:35 AM, anonymous said:

I'm also not quite sure about the meaning of the icons we receive upon doing the Quests in BO3: the Summoning Key for doing Shadows, which is quite understandable since Richthofen acquires the Key there. But also Gateworms for every map we harvest a soul of Ultimis/Primis (except the Giant, but that's another story). Is the Gateworm-ritual process in Shadows of Evil used as a metaphore for what we do in BO3? Since Mob is some kind of metaphore for breaking the loop, I could see Shadows having some kind of similar role. Anyone who understands what exactly we do in Shadows, and how it can relate to capturing the souls of Nikolai, Tank, Takeo and Doctor Richtofen? Surely it has something to do with their souls being bound the Elemental Shard

@anonymous

i_mtl_p7_zm_zod_decal_gateworms_key_n.pngi_mtl_p7_zm_zod_decal_gateworms_key_c.png
Somethings that may be relevant, notice the normalmap and colourmap differ for the PaP entrance wall in shadows.
Notice what it implies, the colourmap shows the contents of the normalmap.
Each gateworm has a corrupted soul or sin within it. (The colourmap outer symbols for the sins)
The Summoning Key has an Apothicon within it. (Middle symbol means apothicon)

image.png

You also cannot "complete" this ritual without 4 players on Rev. Even if you have all the other maps beaten.

All the symbols remain "greyed out" even after completing Rev and earning the RK5 if you complete Rev solo.
So the physical bodies of Primis need to be present for the ritual to be "completed".

The real question is what causes the pieces to all turn fully green.
It's not related to "Primis Rulz", "Home Sweet Home", or the RK5.

• Moderators

Damnit, seems like you're unto something again. That's also very interesting regarding the story, as we now can see the exact meaning of a gateworm: allowing to break the Apothican Rift Stone / Pack a Punch by containing a sinned soul. 

Remember how we see those green flashes in the SoE intro when a sin is commited? So the sin (or cursed soul?) in some way attached to the cursed object. The right ritual altar and the Summoning Key, combined with this 'cursed object', allow the object to be replaced by a Gateworm. Meanwhile, the sin itself is passed over to the Gateworm, or perhaps the Gateworm represends the sin itself (think about how in the past, sins were often visualized by a demon of some kind). 

That Revelations thing is really interesting. In a way, Shadows of Evil is a 'mini version' of the whole BO3 events. Do Primis stand for sins? Notice how the fractures are called Deceptio, Proditione and Agonia. This is latin for deception, betrayal and agony. Does this stand for Dempsey, Takeo and Nikolai respectively?

I like your point about the green flashes from the SoE intro.
We see the same green glow on Nikolai's face just before he kills his other self.
image.png

The key point here is looking at what can be earned solo or not.
The gateworms (green ones on the menu) can be earned playing solo.
It means that the ending cutscenes are not the same canon as the gameplay.
If Richtofen is not present, the souls cannot be collected etc.
So obtaining the menu gateworms is not caused by the events of the ending cutscene.

Imo this is all related to elements Treyarch were pushing in their music/story videos. 
Many of their YouTube videos contradict the Ingame Cinematics.
And seeing as the IGCs don't make sense when you play solo. (not all characters are present like we see in the IGCs)
And seeing as playing solo is canon (can earn the gateworms).
I am more willing to trust the YT videos than the IGCs.

In 'The Gift: Director's Cut".
We see Nikolai's soul arrive alone through the teleporter.
This completely contradicts everything we see at the end of GK in the cutscene.

Also in the Zet trailer we see the intro cutscene happening very differently.
Original Takeo is the one holding the Summoning Key during the conversation that happens in the intro IGC.

In one of Blundell's interviews around the time of Zet when people asked him about the EE's we've missed he says. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4QNJOg_Gfw) (03:55)
"Keep looking even after you think everything has ended" 
He has reiterated this many times over various interviews.
And we have not yet found anything post-EE as far as I'm aware.
I think they were trying to imply that post-EE there are hints to what really happened during the IGC that can be found around the map.
Seeing as they have gone to so much effort to make us distrust the IGCs.

Takeo: If our memory of Stalingrad is correct, why do you think we saw only three figures?

Their memory of Stalingrad isn't correct.
This ties into The Gift: Directors cut and what it is trying to tell us.
The IGC's are incorrect memories. Both intro and outro.
Probably planted by Monty to make it look like we were justified in killing our other selves.
When in actuality something very different happens during the time of the outro IGCs...
Also ties into the BOTD outro cutscene.
This is why Takeo, Dempsy, and Nikolai ignore the dying Richtofen.
During cutscenes the Primis character cannot see what is really happening in their universe.
They suffer a 115 induced delusion.

So if I had to craft a mad conclusion I would use these as evidence.
20200806134709_1.jpg20200806140904_1.jpg
There is some story significance to completing everything solo. (A soul alone can follow the path.)
There is some story significance to not completing the Shadows EE on 4 player to get the Summoning Key. (Do not pickup keys)

Just like we see in the Origins Recap video where they place SoE after the other maps but before Rev.

(PS:I know this is all mad theory at this point but I have one last point I will add in the comments due to attachement side)

In the Gorod Krovi outro IGC when Nikolai says "I wish there was another way" he looks like this.
NIGC.jpg

In the Origins recap where Gorod happens before Shadows (no shadow man in the key) he looks like this when he says it.
NOR.jpg

Notice how there is no green glow...
This is because the Shadow Man wasn't in the summoning key at Der Eisendrache when the crew were all touched by its power.
So he hasn't been corrupted.

Notice another difference between the Origins Recap and the original IGC.
Original DE outro

DEIGC.jpg

Origins recap

DEOR.jpg

As you can see in the Origins Recap the key doesn't glow.
Because the Shadow Man isn't in there.

I'll do an analysis of the Origins Recap soon. 
I think there is more than I can fit in this thread.

I think I need to Fresh Start my account and start messing around...

• Moderators

Now this is eye-opening, I love it! Yes, it would be very weird if these cutscenes were created in two different ways if it wouldn´t hold any relevance. Tomorrow I have a free day and gonna jump in this (and some matches of Shadows of Evil, to look if I can find something). If you'd like to join, please jump in (though I live central european timezone). Anyway, I'll come back upon this tomorrow.

Archived