obscure reference hours

The dead of night map in Bo4 zombies is literally one big reference to the character known as "woods" in bo1 and bo2. The character has a tattoo of 115 (the number of the element that starts the zombie outbreak) and a tattoo of a werewolf. In the zombies map "dead of night" there are zombies (really? wow) and in the WOODS there is a WEREWOLF.

idk bro.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Played some classic maps on BO3 today, two things I noted that I do not recall have seen before.

• In Shi no Numa in the radiotower hut, on the table on the opposite of the red phone there is a radio that can be activated. Or at least, I heard a sound around that area and a friend I was playing with said he had activated that radio. What was said on the radio I couldnt understand, so I assumed it was Japanese, but maybe it was English with a static error. Is this something known yet?
  • In Verrückt in the kitchen, there is a cut off head and arm on the table. Above it, you see a torso, 2 legs and an arm pinned with meathooks on the ceiling, completing the body. Who could this be? And who could have done this?
  • In Verrückt in the waterroom, one can hear knocking and screaming on the door. Brian Tuey, worked at Treyarch, long time ago asked the community "who could be knocking on the door in the waterroom". So I ask you, any idea?
  • Moderators
5 hours ago, anonymous said:

Played some classic maps on BO3 today, two things I noted that I do not recall have seen before.

• In Shi no Numa in the radiotower hut, on the table on the opposite of the red phone there is a radio that can be activated. Or at least, I heard a sound around that area and a friend I was playing with said he had activated that radio. What was said on the radio I couldnt understand, so I assumed it was Japanese, but maybe it was English with a static error. Is this something known yet?

When you stand near many of the radio looking things on the map, especially Comm Room you hear an electronic voice which to me doesn't sound like words or anything, just moaning. The same thing happens in the labs on Zetsubou No Shima. It kind of reminds me how Maxis' soul entered  Griffin Station's systems, and also how each zombie is connected to the Aether via a signal that can be disrupted by the EMP. Maybe it's the voices of the undeads' souls calling out and getting picked up by the radio?

• Moderators

That's actually a very good explanation! Metaphorically speaking, the soul is 'broadcasted', transferred via the radioether into an antenna, and converted by the radio into a for us observable signal in the form of sound. I wonder though, why are normal deceased put to rest, or at least their souls not hearable, but once the subject has been irradiated or infected with 115, the souls become 'meassurable', 'observable', via radiosystems. Are souls always radio-electromagnetic waves, and merely observable with radio-systems with infected with 115? Or do souls transmit messages via radio waves only be able to do so when infected with 115. Restless.

Archived