User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Forum Menu

More Staff Online

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

RadZakpak

Your Other Passions

Hola, amigos. Recently I had a really long conversations with @KronoriumExcerptB on the Discord about Halo and what we love about it, and I've noticed in the past many conversations in the Best Friends Chat about specific parts of pop culture that two people have in common. I thought it would be interesting to have a thread where we can all gather to share the stuff we are passionate about besides Zombies. Maybe some of us can find some common ground and new bonds can be made!

Passions can be media like games, movies, books, shows, etc, or it can be your hobbies or collections. Maybe you have passions for history or biology. Whatever it is, feel free to share it and why you like it! Maybe you can convince some people to give it a look.

In the gaming sphere, I'm an on-again off-again achievement fiend. Many games I will start up simply because they have achievements that do not seem too time-consuming, and I sometimes end up really enjoying the game. I also pride myself in trying to 100% complete games I'm really into, especially big franchises. My proudest completions are the Black Ops Series + World at War. I'm also pretty close to having all Halo games completed up to this point and I hope to achieve that some day. Achievements just make me happy and that 100% just hits the right spot in my brain.

I'm also into writing, not so much the act itself which can be very hard to motivate oneself to do, but the science of it. I love analyses of games, shows, and films I watch breaking down what makes them work or what makes them not work from a writing standpoint. I could watch these types of videos all day. A couple good creators I'd recommend are Implicitly PretentiousLindsay EllisNerdwriter, and Lessons from the Screenplay. I'm also a big fan of RedLetterMedia for their opinions and reviews on films, and their long-form satirical reviews of the Star Wars Prequels are pretty much what started this whole genre of video and got me into it.

I look forward to your responses!

Donor

So as you might have guessed from my posts on here, I love lore. But not just for Zombies.

I think it springs from being read to a lot as a child and watching films and playing games that were probably too old for me at the time, but whenever I get introduced to a new story, I feel I have to know everything there is to know about the characters, universe, etc.

For me, (other than Zombies of course), no series has captured my imagination like The Elder Scrolls. I've been learning the lore since I first played Skyrim in 2012, and am still learning, even to this very day, though where it was once stuff like when events happened, it's now crazy metaphysics.

Other than that, I really like music as well. I play the Bass and a bit of the Guitar and the Drums, and really hope to learn Piano at some point soon. I'd probably go crazy in amongst fictional lore without music to ground me, haha.

Noice post idea, buddy!

11 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Maybe you have passions for history or biology

Yeah that's me in a way. History as for not the Dark Ages, Golden Age, Colonial Era thing, but more the really ancient things, and more the way of life back then, the etnology/antropology thing, not necaserilly the actual events. How people lived in the very first city-like strongholds of mankind in Mesopotania, Eurasian nomads, Mesoamerican tribes, etc. Just the way how we evolved from apes into the society we are today.

Biology as in...everything? When I was a kid, I first wanted to be an animal docter, later a paleontologist. Hell, I'm doing my bachelor in biology at the moment, and I hold a passion for everything that lives, though I must admit that brain-related things hold a special interest from me, and I wanna do my Minor and Master in neurobiology. Pretty much the part where biology touches psychology, how we can observe, think, feel, be consiousness... It's so weird to think that our entire perception, our emotions, our ratio, is merely a result of electric signals in our organic neuroncells, and I have a strange obsession with that thought. 

But yeah, that's about interest. One thing I like to do is summing up random environment-related world problems and try contribute to solving those issues (hypothethically). I got an entire list on my PC, from dropping old iron playground equipment into the ocean to stimulate the growth/survival of coral reefs to developing a social media-like platform app where people can share their work in treeplanting and fundraising for more treeplanting. Whenever I have an idea I quickly write it down in my phone so I can later work it out.

I like music. Like everyone you would think but I recently met someone who didn't like music...oddly enough. But yeah, I like it to play music myself as well: Currently on piano and I am trying to learn myself akoustic guitar. Might wanna do electric guitar and drums (I know how hard that is but maybe later in life) as well. Piano for melody, guitar for chords and drums for rhitm....then it's complete.

Just like Cal I like to find out about the entire world of a game or movie, and I often find myself searching about such things on my phone while actually still watching the movie. After Call of Duty Zombies my favourite would be the Half Life universe.

I also have a fascination for the unknown, whether that is the absolulte depth of the oceans, the distance in space, uncharted jungles, abandoned buildings or those weird central-asian countries you never hear about in the news...

I also never refuse a cold beer on a hot day

On 12/19/2019 at 10:55 PM, RadZakpak said:

Recently I had a really long conversations with @KronoriumExcerptB on the Discord about Halo

Quite recent, eh? I think I recall participating in that one. We were also talking about Sanity Not Included.

Great post by the way. Passions... it’s probably way too obvious these days, but I love writing and music. Writing about music, though... I don’t know if you guys are aware, but I’ve been doing that too! Over on a website called “The Metal Archives”.

Honest to god, it makes me feel confident as a writer and makes me love music more than I would have expected, writing these things. Feel free to take a look! https://www.metal-archives.com/users/TheMeh

(Don’t worry about the way I worded some things in reviews or profile description. The people over there are kinda into humor like that.)

Passionate musician and I honestly this year has been very busy. A740970C-F75B-4C86-AA50-C1AA73F3E832.jpeg7081F00B-EA40-49D9-9ECF-C0D5D291CBB3.jpeg

I have been collaborating with other musicians and creating music this whole year and finally found a few really solid musicians To form a band and work on a project that will be released early 2020. That projects call Decades and Dimensions! 15 track album filled with a variety of Metal/Hardcore/post-hardcore/thrash.

It’s been about six months in the making now and I have been Dying to share with you all! 
9A35F9CD-1E47-4254-92A3-52190A2550EC.jpeg

I thought to myself hey what would treyarch zombie’s album be like If there wasn’t a little leak before the Actual CD came out so I teased a little bit?

What can I say the guys aren’t too happy with me but Only time will tell where our fates lie. 

1. MOTH (Man On The Hill)

UNOFFICIAL TRACK

Music truly is bound to the human soul. We even send a sonde into space containing music from Earth, hoping that when/if it is found by extraterrestial intelligent life, it will function as a universal language.

It basically connects us all, independant of nationality, religion, gender, etc.

I realized I haven't merry christmased you all yet, so let me do it with this comment. Apologies for doing so on the very last Christmas day, but: Merry Christmas! 

Its a feast that always marks the end of the year, acompanied by a feeling of melodrama looking back on it all (for me, at least). But an old year passing by means a new year to begin, and the term 'year' is something completely made up by us humans, with our brains always wanna make thing meassurable and comprehensible.

Alas, concerning last year I must say that I gladly and equally thankfully enjoyed y'alls pressence here. Like happiness there were countless of moments of sadness in my head last year, but every single time I went to CoDZ, read an awesome new post or comment of all you others, my friends, my fellow humans, I can feel good again. Realizing there are great people out there, all struggling with equally humanoid problems like me. Feeling the sorrow, awesomeness and joy of everyday life. 

You are my friends.

Donor

Gaming wise, I absolutely love Blackout mode atm. It just exhilarates me in a way that zombies no longer can, sadly. I've been learning things from watching good players' streams and I've made friends with a few really good players/streamers who I've learned a lot from and it's been great to have them witnessing my progress and commenting on how quickly I've improved at the mode. Suppose that kind of progression has been missing from zombies for me for quite some time where I've played every iteration for the past 10 years and hit a plateau in my skill level long ago.

Outside of gaming, I love cue sports. I also really enjoy messing around with creating music, I never actually finish much but I just love learning about it, I'm more into the mixing and mastering side of things than anything though.

Another thing I absolutely enjoy is travelling to hostels and meeting new international folks, chatting and drinking with them. I wanted to do voluntary work, preferably in the medical world or simply as employee in hostels, in Russia, followed by a roadtrip through the wide country. Corona came in between, but it gives me the time to learn the Russian language, something I have desired for some years now.

But seriously, at hostels everyone is foreign. Nobody knows ech other, which makes everyone so open and kind. A genuine recommendation.

Interesting.

I played guitar mediocrely for about 30 years, basically clueless. I wrote and sang (if you call it singing) lots of simple chord tunes with limited knowledge. The past year or so I finally became obsessed with it (I get obsessed with things) and packed years worth of theory into my old brain. Now I'm in a new world of way too much to learn, practice, and play. Who knew half century old fingers could ever move this quick?

I occasionally obsess on some game or another. Magic the Gathering for over 22 years, zombies (until it wore off and then BO4 killed zombies), the past few years was on BF1, on XB, I can be top player often despite being old and half blind (it's just because they suck, not my great skills). I'm no lore guy in a game, I'm a 'figure out everything weird in the game guy'. My player type is "tinkerer" (Johnny in MtG terms), I want to use everything and see what weird shit that I can do. I'll never cheat in any match online, but I do love figuring out glitches and stuff offline. I mean, in WaW

everyone had 7 PaP'd guns on Der Riese at some point, right? I posted many original zombie glitches on a cheat site that I found myself (like revive-betty extra guns on Zombie Verrückt).

I used to hike always, but my spine died first thing this century so I'm kind of fucked at the moment here in 2020. Anyone spare a million bucks? 🙂

14 hours ago, 83457 said:

Interesting.

I played guitar mediocrely for about 30 years, basically clueless. I wrote and sang (if you call it singing) lots of simple chord tunes with limited knowledge. The past year or so I finally became obsessed with it (I get obsessed with things) and packed years worth of theory into my old brain. Now I'm in a new world of way too much to learn, practice, and play. Who knew half century old fingers could ever move this quick?

I occasionally obsess on some game or another. Magic the Gathering for over 22 years, zombies (until it wore off and then BO4 killed zombies), the past few years was on BF1, on XB, I can be top player often despite being old and half blind (it's just because they suck, not my great skills). I'm no lore guy in a game, I'm a 'figure out everything weird in the game guy'. My player type is "tinkerer" (Johnny in MtG terms), I want to use everything and see what weird shit that I can do. I'll never cheat in any match online, but I do love figuring out glitches and stuff offline. I mean, in WaW

everyone had 7 PaP'd guns on Der Riese at some point, right? I posted many original zombie glitches on a cheat site that I found myself (like revive-betty extra guns on Zombie Verrückt).

I used to hike always, but my spine died first thing this century so I'm kind of fucked at the moment here in 2020. Anyone spare a million bucks? 🙂

Hahaha, by chance I found a thread yesterday where you stated how knifing while buying a perk-a-cola skips the drinking animation. So yeah, good job on that and discovering all those neat little tricks that may prove insanely helpful at one point.

Have you gotten yourself guitar lessons or learned it yourself? I started learning playing guitar at one point as well, but without any real lessons and motivation it kinda stopped. Great respect to folks who keep theirselves motivated, though, as the one thing I did certainly learn is the difficulty of rapidly playing chords. Got any favourite music genre?

12 hours ago, anonymous said:

Hahaha, by chance I found a thread yesterday where you stated how knifing while buying a perk-a-cola skips the drinking animation. So yeah, good job on that and discovering all those neat little tricks that may prove insanely helpful at one point.

Have you gotten yourself guitar lessons or learned it yourself? I started learning playing guitar at one point as well, but without any real lessons and motivation it kinda stopped. Great respect to folks who keep theirselves motivated, though, as the one thing I did certainly learn is the difficulty of rapidly playing chords. Got any favourite music genre?

A lot of zombie "tips" are cheats and this site is not that kind of site, so you won't find much here by me out of respect for that.

Guitar is no joke to learn the real stuff. It's 6 keyboards without white/black keys, and you (mostly) need both hands to play each 'keyboard'. I'm mostly self taught + good youtube teachers.

On the flip side, it was originally intended to be inexpensive (it is, comparatively), and anyone can learn a key and write chord tunes, or be taught to play along. So it's easy to learn, hard to master. On lessons, if you don't go to a proper school, lots of lessons are rip-offs; 15 minutes for some stupid exercise and it costs a pretty penny. I teach theory in bulk to any who will listen, because I had a high IQ and I learn by cramming tons into my brain and then crafting exercises to work on several things in a short span, and reviewing stuff that did not stick the first time. The trick is getting the framework of how it all works, and learning how to focus (target, emphasize) the current backing chord/harmony while slapping everything you know on it in a pleasing way. If you reach that point, you become your own teacher and focus on exactly what you wish to improve, and you can then use other teachers (or YouTube) to help with those specifics. But getting a rando teacher to teach you to teach yourself...only hurts their business,  so that's rare. Damn you capitalism!

I like lots of music, but I lean towards interesting guitar work more than anything: Richie Blackmore, Jimmy Page, Tony Iommi, Jerry Garcia, Trey Anastasio, Les Claypool (bass)...Larry LaLonde (Haha).,... that kind of stuff. I'm no country or jazz guy, but there are always exceptions.

I wrote originals but now I mostly just study and practice. I did so much mode work and 'natural minor' (all minors blended with chromaticism) lately that I realized I'd forgotten how to play Pentatonic majors...so that's been yesterday and today: Penta-major refreshers.

Teachers on YT I recommend:

Jake Lizzio (teaches everything, good attitude and graphics). Signals Guitar Studio.

Qjam tracks. Tons of theory info and jam tracks.

Fretjam. All graphics, great knowledge.

Bernth. The need for speed.

Tomasso Zillio  (lizzio to zillio) Music Theory for Guitar site. Theory getting deeper.

If you can barely solo, try Andrew Wasson of Creative Guitar studio. A very 'school teacher' vibe, who teaches kind of old school-ish and simple, which can be good mixed with other stuff.

And Steve Stine (and Guitar Zoom). His videos tend to be light on theory (he has paid courses for that) but he's a feel good teacher with tons of practical playing tips. He'll make you feel like you can do anything.

Most theory is simply having the obvious pointed out to you. There is work to be put into it, but so much of it is simply education.

Have fun!

Edited by 83457
Typos

On 6/30/2020 at 9:02 PM, 83457 said:

Anyone spare a million bucks? 🙂

If I had that money laying around, you'd get it from me.

Truth be told, I don't have any passions, there are only three things that come close to even be considered passions of mine:

(listening to) Music.

(Watching and to some degree analyzing) Formula 1

And making people laugh, cause believe it or not in real life and under the right circumstances, I can actually be somewhat funny.

Thanks for the million, Lenne, if only in word!

Music is so much better when you do not understand it. It's this crazy, lovely cacophony of beautiful mind scapes.

Once you begin to learn anything about it, it gets less attractive. Like vagina. Hahahaha.

On 7/6/2020 at 8:41 PM, 83457 said:

Once you begin to learn anything about it, it gets less attractive. Like vagina. Hahahaha.

I've got to remember this one

8 hours ago, anonymous said:

I've got to remember this one

"I didn't need to know it had a mucous membrane". -Red Foreman, That 70's Show.