User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Forum Menu

More Staff Online

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Lenne

User of the Year 2019 (Vote or Die!)

User of the Year  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

happy new year smiling GIF

Hello everyone, hope you all are having a good friday so far. The weekend is almost here. :3

As you can read from the title, we have decided to let you determine one user which is going to be called User of the Year. Said user will also get their own usergroup, which comes with a purple name tag. :)

The rules are a bit altered compared to the normal User of the Month so please read them carefully.

1.) You can nominate up to four people with your post.

2.) Every nomination needs at least a brief explanation and a couple of links to posts and topics which have been made since the first of January up until now by the users you want to nominate.

3.) Do not nominate yourself.

4.) The voting poll will not be edited in any way, regardless of request, so think your vote through before giving it.

5.) Admins can't be nominated.

6.) In order to get in the poll the member will need two nominations, so be sure to not just lurk around, if you see your favorite member only having one vote, speak up! Even if it is just qouting a nomination from someone who has already mentioned the person you were going to nominate.

7.) The Discord chat can not be taken into consideration for the nominations, this is strictly about forum content. Of course you can mention their activity on Discord, but that can not be the only reasoning for your nomination.

The nomination phase will last until the end of the year, since you got to take a whole year of threads and posts into consideration. Voting on the other hand will just be like the monthly celebrations. (3 days).

If you have any questions be sure to ask away.

Spoiler

If ~18 days aint enough for nominating be sure to yell at me. 

Make me happy by participating, please.

The first name that came to mind when hearing about the User of the Year award was @anonymous. Despite the drop in activity with Black Ops 4, and especially after its end, anon is still on the forums all the time, making new interesting theories, keeping old discussions alive, and reminding us all what made the Zombies story so special. Combine all that with the fact that anon is such a great friend and is always supportive of new ideas, also dropping in on Discord to make us all feel a little better in these trying times. Some examples of great posts on the forum:

https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/195340-ancient-aliens-and-the-keepers/

https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/192651-leylines-the-key-to-understand-the-aether/

https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/184411-five-and-ascension-connected-the-illuminati-and-more/

As well as, of course, the Order of Forgotten Mysteries series, which I would love to bring back in some form soon!

I would also like to nominate our gracious @Lenne for doing his part to keep the forums alive during trying times, taking on initiative and responsibility for the User of the Month posts and pushing others to keep posting to the forum, as well as being a friendly face we all enjoy talking to. With life taking such a big chunk of time out of our lives, it is great to see someone so dedicated to this forum.

In addition, @The Meh deserves a mention for his own dedication and passions towards the Unity series, as well as many deep thoughts and ideas about Zombies lore, such as in his Understanding of the Aether post.

Lastly, I've had the opportunity over the past year to get to know @NaBrZHunter along with Boom a little more through easter eggs and projects pertaining to the CoDz Youtube, and I'm grateful for the time he has put in to the forum even when he didn't need to. I am always happy to see hear from him anywhere he can be found.

There are so many people that made this year a special one both on the forums and on the Discord that kept me feeling brighter even in my darkest moments. I thank you all.

Thank you for the nomination, as well as for nominating some folks that definately deserve it to be nominated. I would like to add four extra to that list:

• @RadZakpak one of the most active folks around here, commenting and posting with nothing else than quality and kindness. A person that contains the very spirit of these forums, also being interested and familiar with both story and gameplay. As for the story part, I've always considered you as some kind of partner in crime, my soulmate, around here, and I really appreciate your pressence. A great and social person, also the sole author of the in my opinion most shining gem of CoDZ: The CoD Zombies Storybook. This gave the characters and the story of the game we all love an extra dimension to me.
  • @Electric Jesus Quality above quantity certainly applies on this dude, your theories and thoughts never fail to open a mental door for me. A genuine outside the box thinker, combined with the kindness and insanity of Lenne and Meh. You've also been here ever since, I dunno, BO2? BO1 maybe even? Upon roaming through older threads, I occasially come across your comments that always give me a brand new, original insight in something.
  • @ZombiesAteMyPizza! Another veteran, containing the soul of Superhands. The phrase "There's a Zombie Slayer in all of us" certainly applies for this seemingly Pizza-loving undead butcher. I think his guides for reaching high rounds and doing quests have assisted countless people, both members and guests. An awesome guy with a solid influence concerning gameplay over both veterans and rookies (that latter includes myself).
  • @KronoriumExcerptB This dude suddenly appeared out of nowhere, seemingly holding all the information about the entire Multiverse! His theories and ideas always give me an entire new insight into things. Being a new member with a not too-long history on this site doesn't say anything about one's knowledge and skills, and I found you deserved a place in this nomination as well buddy!

(An early) Merry Christmas to everyone!

I'm gonna nominate:

Pizza, cause of his many strategy threads and most certainly because of this post:

On 6/22/2019 at 4:02 PM, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

So, you like fish on pizza, AND you like pineapple on pizza??

I'm leaving this forum, you people are making me sick ?

While I am the one liking pineapple and fish on Pizza. I am glad he hasn't left the forums, haha Of course his various strategy threads are important as well, but I remember laughing so hard at this reply, for whatever reason and it brighten my day so much that I just had to qoute it here as well. <3

My second nomination goes out to Anonymous and Rad already pointed out all the reasons why. Admirable stuff. Every. Single. Week.

My third nomination goes out to my boy, Meh. His work on his map concept(s) and his fun, dry attitude just makes me look forward to every single post of his.

Fourth nomination would have gone to Rad, but since he already has two noms, I'm gonna edit this post whenever I have decided on the fourth member who should be on the list.

Alright, may as well weigh in. Gotta say, was a good year! Plenty of great people all around, new and old, and that’s all I could ever hope for.

First nominee for me goes to (rather unsurprisingly) @anonymous - mostly for being a de facto good noodle, but also because of your efforts to keep deeper conversation and theorizing alive in the Discord and through the OoFM posts. I would be lying if I wasn’t somewhat inspired. Hell, your posts kinda influence my Aether theories (speaking of, I really need to release Pt. 2 before the end of the year). So... yeah. All around great forum influence and friend.

Second nominee for me goes straight to @KronoriumExcerptB. Still very much glad you were able to join us around here, and your quality posts show for it quite a lot. Genuinely a positive community influence all around.

Third nominee (and this was a tough one), is @RadZakpak. Your work on the Storybook (which I ought to deep read at some point) and content on this forum are beyond commendable and welcome. Keeping us alive ‘round here, and what can we ask more of?

Wish I could nominate more. Y’all make this site a great place. Thank you for the good times, good memes, and good conversations over the years.

(shoutout to @caljitsu for being an absolute mad lad by the way)

9 minutes ago, The Meh said:

Third nominee (and this was a tough one), is @RadZakpak. Your work on the Storybook (which I ought to deep read at some point)

Thanks for the nom, buddy! Concerning this point, I am somewhat 100% sure someone like you (as well as someone like me did) would get addicted to reading the Storybook as soon as you start. Allow some time for yourself every day if you have none, and see if you can read one or two chapters a day. Im pretty sure fairly quickly you cannot stop reading, and it would be similar to following a series or something where you really look out to the next episode. 

Gotta be honest, Im jealous on you for not having read it yet :)

I’ll share my noms after we have some from some non staff members ??

Nomination phase will last until the first of January.

Be sure to get your ass in here, or Tank will kick it and I will spank it.

Quickly, Tank's getting close!

Voting phase, which will last until the 6th at 6 pm CET is now underway. :)

Sorry for the downtime.

<3

Cahman we need more than 5 votes for this. >: (

Casted my vote for @anonymous ❤️ You buddy

Tech Admin
23 hours ago, Lenne said:

Cahman we need more than 5 votes for this. >: (

Did you get 5 votes?

1 minute ago, Hells Warrrior said:

Did you get 5 votes?

At the time of me writing that post there were only 5 votes on the board. Then Eclipse voted and now you have (I assume).

Someone gimme a button. I voted oh so late. :walk of shame:

Beter late than never, Hunterooo. 

Looking at how a tenth vote would not change the outcome of the poll, I am gonna go ahead and close it.

Thanks to everyone who nominated, voted and of course the folks on the list, but most importanly thank you to the great @RadZakpak and congrats on being our user of the year.

It has been a pleasure reading all of your posts and participating in your tournament threads even though those had some very questionable results. haha The timeline post, the convo quotes threads, the forgotten mysterys threads (with Anon) along with other theories and so many other great topics and let's not forget the Storybook. All these posts show just how awesome you are.

It's an honor to share this forum with you.

Much love

always sunny oops GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I would like to thank everyone who voted, whether for me or not. 2019 was a rough year for myself and for the world as a whole. I lost friends and my loved ones have experienced hardships with no clear solution or end in sight. I've questioned my own role in this world many times, and a whole new chapter of my life is just beyond the horizon. Through all that, however, I've been able to rely on CoDz to always be there as a safe haven filled with genuine people from around the world. This place is truly something special, and I am grateful to be a part of its history.

Let's celebrate a new year, and the turn of a new decade. Let's make this world a place worth living in.

To improving the human condition!

Yes, to improve human condition! You've deserved this title Raddy, and know you are not alone in experiencing such things you've mentioned. Cheers!