Favourite Spawnroom?

anonymous

• Moderators

So I recently realized the importance of the Spawn Room for a map, due to it giving us the very first experience of a map. I think the developers therefore try to give every spawn room a unique setting and many times something unqiue integrated as well, be it a gamefeature, some kind of mini-game or an introduction to something which will be important later in the game (think about Der Riese's locked PaP, Kino's teleport link, etc). So I wonder, what are y'all's favourite spawn rooms? I have enlisted mine underneath, though it excludes BO4 as I've never played that yet.

World at War

For World at War I choose for Verruckt, as it is the only map that seperates the players in the beginning. Actually, the whole initial goal every match of Verruckt is to get the Power Switch on, simply to get to each other. In this map, the Spawn Room really sets the story or purpose of the game, eventually followed by the usual 'Survive till you Die'. I also adore the way the date and location is given, as well as the creepy and detailed atmosphere. 

Black Ops I

I'm going for Ascension on this one. The Black-White feature is unique, along with the rotating cosmonaut device. I dunno how it is with you guys, but I barely ever enter the Spawn Room further in game, so I see the rotating device really as some kind of mini-game/obstacle thing exclusively for the Spawn Room. A fun and original feature.

Black Ops II:

The map containing my favourite Spawn Room in Black Ops II is Buried. I feel like Buried's spawn room is underrated and forgotten by so many, as everyone upon spawning instantly rushes through the hole in the ground, trying to be the first to reach the free 1000 chalk points. That's sad actually, because honestly there is simply no map in which I enjoy staying in the spawn room as much as Buried. Next to simply featuring an area that is, upon leaving, inaccesable for the rest of the game, as well as a beautiful panorama over the Rift and Fractured Earth, what I find so fun about this room is the LMG wallweapon. Costing 2000 points, it is buyable on a special platform which you can only reach when you jump the right way. After climbing on it, you have only 1 or 2 seconds untill the platform breaks and makes the player fall down into the hole. So you got only 1 second to quickly buy the LMG. This makes having this weapon during a match of Buried so unique. I also feel like staying in this room is special because you really are isolated from the rest of the players, something that makes me try to remain here as long as possible (only with an M1911, Olympia or M14)

Black Ops III

I think Zetsubou no Shima has the best Spawn Room concerning ambiance, also including a mangrove with water where you can instantly start killing swimming zombies. Very fun, I'll go for this map. Dislike the round-changing sound, though.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WaW: Der Riese, because of the layout and the hidden EEs.
Bo1: Moon, because of no man's land.
Bo2: Origins, because the generator spices it up and the chase for the shovels in the beginning of every co-op game is always fun. 
Bo3: TBD, but so far Der Eisendrache, which has an awesome layout alongside the gondola.
Bo4: TBD

• Moderators

World at War: I would probably say Verruckt as well. A unique setup for the map.

Black Ops: I love Call of the Dead's spawn, and George Romero's entrance into the map is one of the first times an "event" happens as you spawn in.

Black Ops 2: Honestly, as weird as it sounds, Nuketown's is fun and good looking. Kind of a cop-out since it is half the map, but whatever.

Black Ops 3: Revelations, easily. Big fishy coming up real close and gobbling up pack-a-punch is thrilling every time, and the spawn is one of the easiest to use for first room challenges with gobblegums. Quick Revive, enough open space for two people to train, a mystery box spawn, a gobblegum machine, and even a trap.

Black Ops 4: IX. You can have a thrilling and engaging game of IX never leaving the spawn, and I love that. You feel like a gladiator just waiting for the next challenger.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Black Ops 2: Honestly, as weird as it sounds, Nuketown's is fun and good looking. Kind of a cop-out since it is half the map, but whatever.

I have considered this one as well. Honestly, its what made me create this topic. It looks very well, and theres that weird 3000 points costing central 'room' within the Spawn Room.

14 hours ago, The Meh said:

Black Ops 3: Shadows of Evil - and if you disagree, you's a pleb.

Im curious why though. Layout is great but it doesnt feature anything special. In fact, I would like to argue that it is the least special room in the entire map.

Y'all No Mans Land fans are a bunch of clichés!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Y'all No Mans Land fans are a bunch of clichés!

fight me m8

WaW - Verrückt

BO II -Tranzit because that feeling you get, once you leave the spawnroom for the first time is amazing. (I hope that does count.)

BO III - The Giant just from a graphics point of view. It literally showcases what a console generation can do. :3

BO IV - Classified cause being greeted by Ultimis after such a long time is heart warming and the destroyed room looks cool.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Lenne said:

BO II -Tranzit because that feeling you get, once you leave the spawnroom for the first time is amazing. (I hope that does count.)

Not to forget that it is the first and only map that has zombies already in the room upon spawning. Also our inteoduction to buildables (sorry FIVE).

Black Ops II has the greatest spawnrooms in my opinion. Adding Die Rise's awesome skybox and this thread contains arguments why each and every map has beatiful or fun spawns.

• 3 weeks later...

There are several ways to rate these rooms so I will do it according to the better chance of survival and not for my taste in decoration(picture of Joey Jordison in my bedroom...)

WAW : Der Riese, I already survived the hellhounds in the spawn room only with a knife while my 3 teammates were dead gun in hand.
BO : Ascension, because No Man's Land is the worst place to live.
BOII : Buried, it's not even a room, it's an entire town.
BOIII : Revelations, more space for train.
BOIIII : IX, as long as the other players go in the same direction and at the same speed, that's fine.

• 3 months later...

Archived