The Agonia Fracture We Didn't Get To See

RadZakpak

• Moderators

In a similar vein to my thread on Dr. Monty's origin, I've been thinking of the Fractures from Black Ops 3, and looking at them more closely, there is a lot of huge differences in these fractures from our normal timeline that I think would make very interesting stories. Today I wanted to share some ideas for how the events of this universe may have gone based on some loose threads we have.

The Beginning of Group 935

As depicted in this comic page, Richtofen's death at the hands of Primis created Fractures in space and time, creating alternate versions of the original timeline where events of both the past and future are altered:

a2EdzqJ.jpg

While in the Deceptio fracture, Primis Richtofen slips into Ultimis Richtofen's place, I would like to propose in the other Fractures where he was not present on their creation, Richtofen never existed.

In 1931, a scientist by the name of Ludvig Maxis is personally contacted by a mysterious individual who claims to be from the future. He claims it is imperative that he create Group 935, and that its headquarters be founded near Breslau, and be called Der Riese.

Maxis complies, creating the organization that would shape history across space and time. With Richtofen's nonexistence in this fracture, Maxis would initiate teleportation experiments with Doctor Schuster. On the first prototype, he would inscribe on the side, "For P, who started me on this journey." As the year 1940 begins, Maxis is contacted once again by the man from the future. P shows him how to perfect the teleporter to take him on the next step of his journey. Against orders from the Reichstag, Maxis tests the teleporter on himself, and is sent to the Moon, where he discovers the MPD. Upon making physical contact with its surface, he begins to hear the voices of the Apothicons in his head. He is then sent to a jungle, where a massive 115 deposit is found. He now knows what he must do.

The War Rages On

Several months after the construction of Griffin Station, Division 9 completes their creation of the ancient beasts to assist the Germans in their war on the Eastern Front. As 1943 begins, and dragons ravage the city of Stalingrad, survivors, including Viktor Reznov, recover research and sabotage Group 935 operations under the cover of night. Using the new Gigant Robots and Mech Units, the dragons are no longer unopposed.

Meanwhile, Doctor Maxis continues trying to perfect the undead army at the Kino facility, to no avail. Subject Two-Six attacks on of its handlers, and bites Sophia's arm. Maxis, driven by the voices in his head, poisons Samantha, placing her mind into a machine to assist Group 935's efforts.

Over the next few months, Maxis would come to understand the purpose of the MPD, and unlock it with the help of the voices. Maxis does the unthinkable: He forces his daughter, Samantha, into the MPD, commanding her to take control of the undead from within the Aether to finally satiate the Reichstag. The Germans begin the final phase in their plan to finally take Stalingrad: Unleashing gaseous 115 upon the city, zombifying the vast majority of surviving Soviets. The plan works, and under the command of Samantha, the undead and dragons begin wiping out survivors.

Dr. Harvey Yena, an American spy in Group 935, writes of the success on the Eastern Front. Despite his intel sent to the Americans, he is ordered to do nothing as the Soviet people are put through a mass genocide, as the government fears the rise of Communism following the war. Yena also confirms research on Die Glocke to explore time displacement and movement across dimensions continues.

Maxis had been contacted again by the individual from the future. This would be his last visit. The man revealed himself to be Cornelius Pernell of Broken Arrow. He showed Doctor Maxis how to open new worlds. He showed Maxis the expanses of the multiverse. With this new knowledge, he created a teleporter to explore this multiverse, abandoning his home fracture to create Zero Base, where he would collect a multitude of artifacts from across the multiverse, including the Kronorium.

The World Left Behind

With Maxis gone, Samantha had lost her one true purpose in helping the Germans. She turned the undead on anyone still alive within Stalingrad, including members of Group 935. As power was lost and the dragons were let loose, SOPHIA was temporarily deactivated, until Primis' later arrival.

After the battle, and none were left living within Stalingrad and a larger part of the Soviet Union, Group 935 began to fall apart without leadership, however, Germany had taken control of a vast majority of Europe using their research. The United States was faced with a choice: Fight a war on the home front, and most likely lose, or surrender and meet the Axis demands. They chose the latter, under a proposal from one OSS member by the name Cornelius Pernell.

The remains of the Soviet Union were bombed, and any undead experiments destroyed for fear of an outbreak like the one in Stalingrad. Group 935 was eventually disbanded, however German rule extended into the United States. Democratic elections were replaced with leaders being appointed by the Reichstag. As the years progressed under Nazi rule, in the 1960s, Pernell would propose an idea told to him by two angels in his dream: Broken Arrow. An organization meant to open new worlds, with a similar structure to Group 935. As the choice was not up to then-Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara, but rather the Reichtstag, the idea was approved and funded immediately. Pernell grew the organization quickly, re-creating teleporters and wonder weapons. He kept the closest secret told to him by the angels to himself, however, and that was the way to access the multiverse. He was told this information was to be given to Ludvig Maxis in the year 1943. Pernell did as they asked, creating the paradox present in this fracture.

As Pernell focused on meeting the demands of the angels, the research of Broken Arrow was left unchecked and dictated by the aged Reichstag. They demanded a way to control the undead, just as they had from Maxis so long ago. Samantha's anger was reawakened, and her power stronger than ever before. She commanded the undead to kill everyone involved with Broken Arrow, seeking power over this dimension now that her father seemed to be gone forever. John F. Kennedy, Fidel Castro, and Richard Nixon die in the Pentagon, and McNamara records a last message before his own death. The Agonia fracture faces a mass extinction as the undead take over the Earth. However, in the eyes of the Keepers, their work is done. The seeds are planted to allow Richtofen to find the Kronorium and for Nikolai's soul to be collected. The cycle may continue.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Amazing work, I really like this kind of alternative history settings. Reading this, Pernell would totally be that NdU loading screen guy. A couple of things I didn't get, though:

1) How does killing Richthofen in 1945 lead to him never existing at all?

2) Wasn't Zero Base created by Origins Maxis? Could be wrong, of all parallel existing characters I lost track of the several Maxis's the most.

3) Is the Kronorium retrieved from the Agonia Fracture? Im fairly unknown with the comics.

If you ever feel like again, please create posts like this again. Really fun to read, and I certainly see the potential canon of it (same with your Monty post)

• Moderators

1. That is all speculation on my part as one of the key differences that creates the fracture. It's also possible in Agonia Richtofen may have died at a young age, or never been an orphan, or simply worked somewhere else. But I don't think he is in the picture.

2. It was created by an unknown Maxis to catalogue objects from across the multiverse. You should re-read my Third Ludvig Maxis theory because it fits right in with this.

3. I didn't mean it was from Agonia, but when Maxis left Agonia, he found it. Should have been more clear.

• Moderators

So I re-read the Third Maxis post and think I know it again. Main proof for there being a third Maxis is this quote:

"Having observed Monty for some time, Maxis uses the Teleporter in the basement of the House to study and explore other dimensions. Among them is the Empty Earth, where an alternate Maxis had constructed Zero Base, a facility that houses artifacts and replicas collected from a multitude of different timelines."

Main reason that this would be about Agonia Maxis is because he mysteriously disappeared (Sophia says she misses him) and Sophia saying that Broken Arrow showed Maxis how to open new worlds, correlating a lot with opening the Empty Earth dimension. The third Maxis must be Agonia Maxis, good point!

However, Im not fully convinced about Samanthas pressence in this fracture. As Richthofen doesnt seem to exist, the Fluffy incident wouldnt have happened. You solve this very well with Maxis placing his daughter in the MPD himself, but why wluld he do this? Even if he wouldnt love her in this fracture, surely enough he self would want the power granted by the machine, right? And since the eye colour is red, rather than Sam yellow, isnt there something different controlling the undead here?

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, anonymous said:

So I re-read the Third Maxis post and think I know it again. Main proof for there being a third Maxis is this quote:

"Having observed Monty for some time, Maxis uses the Teleporter in the basement of the House to study and explore other dimensions. Among them is the Empty Earth, where an alternate Maxis had constructed Zero Base, a facility that houses artifacts and replicas collected from a multitude of different timelines."

Main reason that this would be about Agonia Maxis is because he mysteriously disappeared (Sophia says she misses him) and Sophia saying that Broken Arrow showed Maxis how to open new worlds, correlating a lot with opening the Empty Earth dimension. The third Maxis must be Agonia Maxis, good point!

However, Im not fully convinced about Samanthas pressence in this fracture. As Richthofen doesnt seem to exist, the Fluffy incident wouldnt have happened. You solve this very well with Maxis placing his daughter in the MPD himself, but why wluld he do this? Even if he wouldnt love her in this fracture, surely enough he self would want the power granted by the machine, right? And since the eye colour is red, rather than Sam yellow, isnt there something different controlling the undead here?

I'll be honest, I forgot about the red eyes. In that case, instead of Samantha entering the MPD, perhaps Maxis found the Apothican Blood and used that. With Richtofen's absence, maybe he looked over Jeb Brown's work, and components to the Agarthan Device were what he searched for in his travels. Maybe he wanted to use the four subjects of Report 44 for the Elemental Shard. I still don't really know what Report 44 is.

• Moderators

About Report 44:

The last test subject, the mexican, died but during the autopsy I have discovered the key to create the undead army that we seek. We are now ready to capture the 4 test subjects identified in Report 44.

Of the 4 test subjects highlighted in Report 44, one of the brothers has died before we could reach him in the battle. The other is still at large in the city.

So it seems Pablo was the key to unlocking the undead army. Perhaps in this fracture, Pablo is able to acquire the Apothican Blood, and it possibly even takes over his body or he consumes it? If the undead in Gorod Krovi are truly controlled by the blood due to the red eyes, Pablo's connection to it may be key here.

As for the four test subjects, I believe they are Soviet soldiers identified as being immune. The primary purpose of Valkyrie drones was locating survivors as 115 was used to create the undead, because they are immune, perhaps due to some gene. In any case, two of these survivors are Nikolai and his brother. His brother dies, and Nikolai survives to fight in the city.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

I would also like to add a more extensive and succesfull story of GKM to this thread, as the wonderweapon in Gorod Krovi (Agonia fracture) is called the GkZ-45 Mk3. Why? Because I believe this stands for the company GK (Gorki Korolov), that might have been the creator of this weapon.

In the original timeline, Gorki Korolov Medical company is a secret company who foundedwere the ones who gave the Nova 6 to the sleeper cell agents in the BO1 campaign. It was co-founded by the nephew of the campaign character Pavel Gorki. He has been noted to be among the Red Army troops who were at the Der Riese massacre, which had a reason: Gorki was a scientist in the field of chemistry, who seized and researched some Group 935 products such as Nova-6 and the Thundergun. The Thundergun was outsourced to the Ascension Group and Nova-6 was improved by dr. Clarke. However, as Steiner said, no matter how powerful the weapon, you must still find a was to unleash it. Here comes the other founder into play: Sergei Koroljov (https://nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergej_Koroljov). Korolov was a Soviet physicist and engineer, specialized into rocket science. I believe he was of major role in the Ascension Group and reaching Griffin Station as well, but in GKM he was the one who designed the Nova-6 transportation: the rockets. He might be the 'higher man' Gersch talks to in the Ascension radios, and he might also be the reason why a Thundergun can be found in Clarke's closet in the campaign. GKM is also behind the GKNova6 intel.

Anyway, in the Agonia fracture things went different. Whilst the Der Riese massacre never happened, we got the GKZ-45 mk3, a presumed third model of Group 935's Raygun. We know that Reznov infiltrated a Group 935 facility and captured some blueprints, so possibly also the initial ones of the mk3? As the Ascendion Group wasn't formed in WW2 yey,  could GK have been the Soviet version of "Group 935/Broken Arrow" during the war, and the creators of things like the Gigant robots and Valkery droids? I wonder what bigger role they had in this twisted version of the original universe.

Archived