Hello zombie and similar fans! I just wanted to mention some backwards compatibility stuff regarding XB1 and CoD. Just some advice or reviews of these redos.

First off, the xb1 controller is so much nicer on your hands than the clunkier 360 version, and the functionality is just better. Revisiting Extinction with a hand-friendly controller is nice since the 360 version gave me sore thumbs. And running circles in zombies is tighter/easier with xb1.

BO2: There was just an update to this game recently, and I did not check what was fixed, so if I stupidly mention something that is now fixed, I'm sorry.

BO2 zombies, I could take money from the bank, but not replenish it. I don't know if the bank is infinite or will get drained. (Maybe fixed).

Bo2 bots: Many game rules adjustments were missing, like having 5 tdm teams in one game, and a few other items. I often make fun bot games and the xb1 version is lacking. (Maybe fixed).

Overall, BO2 reprint was forgettable, I may as well play on xb360.

BO2 Cool story Bro: My friend lent his 360 to his gf, so insisted that I download it on xb1 and play with him. Once downloaded, he realized that his xb gold ran out 2 days earlier. We never played it together. 

WaW: I downloaded this assuming it would be "fixed" of glitches and be no fun, but I was wrong. Easier controller, clearer graphics and 'drops', and all the glitches that I tested worked as normal, but I did not test them all. The only difference was the 'visual water effect' in Zombie Verrückt is gone if you walk through the falling water.

I tested zombie magnets, extra BB from Mack Sammo on SNN and DR, the 'view your kills in solo mode'/splitscreen glitch, betty-perk extra gunslots on ZV (presumably still works on revives too, untested), perk-?box extra gunslots on SNN. I did not test the BB/?box extra gunslots since I only played solo, and I did not test the BB/Kar98/PaP 3rd gun solo glitch and '3+ pap guns' glitches as I never got around to DR play, but I feel everything plays like the original, only crisper and with a better controller.

I did not test the quantity of zombies per round on SNN, I'm not sure if there is still a small amount per round for easy 100+ matches.

Best zombies ever, just slightly better.

Ghosts: The offline bot games play as the 360, only you need to set them up and save them again. All settings seem the same. You still have 10 class slots if you bought them back in the day.

Extinction: It seems the fog seems foggier, but overall the game looks cleaner or clearer. The xb1 controller is so much kinder to the hands.

Ex Online: Everything saves and carried over. I'm L31 eyeball with my 5555 extra teeth.

Ex offline: Offline profiles, even shared with the same online profile, are gone. My god is Extinction hard at start, solo, with everything locked and no 'teeth' unlocked.

Well, that's what I've got to type. I hope that I helped you decide to go retro or not, or maybe I just posted something to read.

Happy gaming!

P.S. I was gonna revisit Bleak slOps 4, but it wanted me to waste another 32gb on downloads for the worst cod zombies ever made. Well I deleted that shitty failure of a game and fit all these old games easily in its footprint. :) Beauty in symmetry.

Edit: I'll update as I find any issues or things of value, and confirm others like zombies per round in SNN. I just need time.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
17 hours ago, 83457 said:

BO2 zombies, I could take money from the bank, but not replenish it. I don't know if the bank is infinite or will get drained. (Maybe fixed)

I've played BO2 on XB1 many times and used the bank without issue. 

• Moderators

Only differences I've noted across the board is Black Ops having issues loading textures on some maps, particularly Ascension, Call of the Dead, and Moon. Uninstalling and reinstalling the DLC usually fixed it, but it is fairly common.

As for the bank thing, I've used the bank without issue recently as well, unless this issue is really recent. 

2 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Only differences I've noted across the board is Black Ops having issues loading textures on some maps, particularly Ascension, Call of the Dead, and Moon. Uninstalling and reinstalling the DLC usually fixed it, but it is fairly common.

As for the bank thing, I've used the bank without issue recently as well, unless this issue is really recent. 

So you can put money in the bank as well as take it out?

Weird. I took almost 20k from the bank in Die Rise and died eventually. I played Buried and could not put money back in the bank. Then I thought 'maybe each map is separate on xb1' so I went back to Die Rise and there is no way to put money in the shower-bank, only withdraw.

I didn't dashboard out of games or anything that might have lost the info that I took 20k out.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll check it again.

7 hours ago, Lenne said:

I know you hate it, but what about the original Black Ops? :)

Interesting to read that a couple of things are changed when these games are made backwards compatible.

I have not tried BO1. I might like it better on xb1 if some bugs don't happen. The sickle/bowie doing no damage bug killed that game for me. Maybe I'll toss it in xb1 for nostalgia, I loved it when it came out, but it soured with time.

Edit: I missed the gun glitches of WaW, they were so much fun.

I even came up with a few, like extra guns from revives on zv, and the whole 'zombie magnets' thing which I've heard other people call it that so I knew they read my cheats back in the day.

Just yesterday I revisited the old cheat site and read some old cheats, and it was literally 10 years and 2 days ago that I wrote the first cheat that I came upon yesterday. Oh nostalgia...

Archived