The events of Nuketown

anonymous

• Moderators

Sorry, @DecendintoDarkness I've said there was an upcoming OoFM, but unfortunately I felt like I had no Mystery this time. It's rather a summarizing explanation of what happened at the Nuketown Facility. I self felt a bit confusing how everyhting chronologically happens there, so I decided to create this post. For myself and the community. Grand thank you for @PINNAZ's Zombies Library and @RadZakpak's updated Timeline!

So.... the Nevada National Security Site is an United States Department of Energy reservation located in Nevada. It was established on in 1951 for the testing of nuclear devices, covering approximately 3,500 km2 of desert and mountainous terrain. During the 1950s, the mushroom clouds from atmospheric tests could be seen for almost 100 mi (160 km). The city of Las Vegas experienced noticeable seismic effects, and distant mushroom clouds could even be seen from downtown hotels. 

Storax Sedan was a shallow underground thermonuclear test conducted in 1962, in Area 10 of Yucca Flat at the Nevada National Security Site. The crater created by the blast was the largers man-made crater in the US, and the radioactive fallout from the test contaminated more US residents than any other nuclear test. 

menu_zm_map_nuketown_zpsa52c4136.jpg

Because the craters at the Nevada Test Site have features similar to the topography of Moon craters all of the 12 American Astronauts who have walked on the moon trained at the Nevada Test Site before their missions.

What I find the most horrific about Nuketown Zombies is that it takes place in what seems to be a normal American suburb, one that could easily have been inhabited by Jesus of Suburbia or St. Jimmy. However, in what seemed to be a peaceful, colourful 60s cul-de-sac, something has visibly went wrong: houses have been burned away, objects and rocks lay everywhere on street, the desert plains are filled with small firestorms and you see a large mushroom cloud in the sky. The town appears to have been a recently used nuclear testing area, inhabited by nothing more than humanoid dolls. You are alone on potentially one of the most dangerous areas on the globe, when suddenly the screaming of the undead breaks through the silence…

However, from Alpha Omega we’ve learned that the nuked town also served another purpose: It housed a hidden underground facility of Broken Arrow. Whereas the nearby laying Groom Lake, specifically Hangar 18, served depository of Element 115 and housed the teleporter link to Griffin Station, ‘Camp Edward’, as the facility at Nuketown was called, operated the mining of one of the largest 115 deposits on Earth, as well as the secret mind-control program named MKAlpha. Investigation to artificial intelligence was also done here, applied on humanoid robots. However, this Project ‘Toy soldier’ would eventually result in the facility’s downfall, as the Avogadro, Pernell’s corrupted soul in ethereal soul, turned the robots against Broken Arrow. The facility’s workers that weren’t slaughtered managed it to contain Avogadro, but abandoned the Nuketown facility. The years passed. However, whilst Nuketown was left by all living beings, it remained well maintained.

"We're in the middle of a desert, yet this facility still has power. The grass is green and the buildings are well maintained. Who do you think is taking care of this place? There hasn't been a human here in decades. The robots....the ones that stand so perfectly still, they are the caretakers. And now I fear we've angered them." 

We're moving on 60 years in time!

"Nuketown Zombies is set during the events of Moon, and after the end of the multiplayer level from the original Black Ops game. A group of radiation scientists are investigating the Nuketown remains and discover soldiers that have been revived by Element 115 from a nearby Nevada base. The zombie soldiers attack the radiation scientists and turn them, and after receiving a distress signal, the base in Nevada sends in CIA and CDC agents to investigate. Upon arrival in Nuketown the agents lose communication with Hangar 18 and become stranded…setting the stage for Nuketown Zombies."

While the facility itself was abandoned for a long time already in 2025, Broken Arrow was still mining the precious Element 115 at Camp Edward as it was the US’s sole deposit. Two Broken Arrow members Barkley and Russman transferred a sample of the still prisoned Avogadro to the Hanford Campus, for further research, potentially to enpower the facility. Now for some reason, shortly after they did so, a short battle between the Russian Spetsnaz and American Black Ops occured at the nuclear testing site, possibly related to the Element 115, Nova-6, the American Pyramid or A.I. experiments. So the multiplayer match we play in Black Ops I actually takes place in 2025, keep that in mind. At the very same time, something else happened.

October 13th, 2025 - NUKETOWN ZOMBIES

A nuclear bomb explodes outside of Nuketown as a result of Broken Arrow’s drilling.

Due to surface resonance of Broken Arrow’s Excavation Device, the atomic bomb at the Sedan crater exploded, causing a second explosion at that site. While this ended the battle that took place at Camp Edward, it took the attention of the CIA and CDC, who went to investigate what had happened there. During their preparation and trip to the spot, Ultimis teleported from the Pengtagon in 1963 to this time’s (2025) Hangar 18, the place housing the teleporter to Griffin Station. As they were getting close to her, Samantha desperately tried to stop them by throwing everything at them what she had: countless infected dead bodies were resurrected in Groom Lake, as well as plenty of Hellhounds spawned in. The CIA and Broken Arrow operatives at the site were completely surprised and overrun. The CIA and CDC members that were send to Nuketown lost connection with their headquarters. This is the setting of Nuketown Zombies. While everything is broken already, it took place directly prior to the Moon missles impact, setting the stage for Black Ops II.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor nuketown zombies

In an alternative reality, eight souls came to Camp Edward, unconsciously releasing the Avogadro prior to Barkley and Russman transferred him. As the eight souls came to ‘steal’ the Elemental Shard, the Avogadro tried to use it’s powers to attack the Primis and Ultimis. His American Pyramid Device, based on ancient Vril-Ya technology, was able to locally block the electromagnetic waves of the original MPD, and radiating its own, generating some kind of local ‘Controller Field’. In short: He wasn’t merely the controller of the A.I. bots, he controlled every undead 115-infected being as well. This is the setting for Alpha Omega.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor alpha omega zombies

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Excellent chronology! However, regarding the Avogadro:

In the original timeline, he is contained after the incident in 1968 within the APD and the site is abandoned. However, in 2025 before the nuclear explosion, Russman and Barkley arrive at Camp Edward, and they send only a sample to Hanford. Then after a few days, Broken Arrow accidently (re)creates Avogadro, creating the version we see in TranZit, which they must contain in the power station. I imagine they wanted to use his body to create infinite power for the station anyway, but ended up creating another living creature which they had to contain to access that power.

The only thing that changes in Alpha Omega is that Avogadro is released and the nuke fail-safe activates because Primis and Ultimis must access the APD for the elemental shard. Then after defeating him, Rushmore sends the original Avogadro to Hanford. It's possible this was after Russman and Barkley arrived, since Russman's radios are present in the map, and that would mean there is now either two Avogadros in Hanford, or a super-Avogadro... which I would love to see.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Excellent chronology! However, regarding the Avogadro:

In the original timeline, he is contained after the incident in 1968 within the APD and the site is abandoned. However, in 2025 before the nuclear explosion, Russman and Barkley arrive at Camp Edward, and they send only a sample to Hanford. Then after a few days, Broken Arrow accidently (re)creates Avogadro, creating the version we see in TranZit, which they must contain in the power station. I imagine they wanted to use his body to create infinite power for the station anyway, but ended up creating another living creature which they had to contain to access that power.

The only thing that changes in Alpha Omega is that Avogadro is released and the nuke fail-safe activates because Primis and Ultimis must access the APD for the elemental shard. Then after defeating him, Rushmore sends the original Avogadro to Hanford. It's possible this was after Russman and Barkley arrived, since Russman's radios are present in the map, and that would mean there is now either two Avogadros in Hanford, or a super-Avogadro... which I would love to see.

Didn't knew this, thank you. You see it remains a difficult thing to understand to me. One question however, in the original events, without Primis and Ultimis hopping in, Russman and Barkley transferred a sample of the Avogadro to Hanford. However, in Nuketown Zombies, the zombies have yellow eyes instead of white ones, meaning that the Avogadro has vanished here. So does 'transferring a sample' also mean killing/destroying the original version? And if so, why didn't they do that immediately back in 1968?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, anonymous said:

Didn't knew this, thank you. You see it remains a difficult thing to understand to me. One question however, in the original events, without Primis and Ultimis hopping in, Russman and Barkley transferred a sample of the Avogadro to Hanford. However, in Nuketown Zombies, the zombies have yellow eyes instead of white ones, meaning that the Avogadro has vanished here. So does 'transferring a sample' also mean killing/destroying the original version? And if so, why didn't they do that immediately back in 1968?

Good question. It's possible the explosion that BA accidentally set off destroyed the APD and Avogadro, freeing up those zombies to be under Sam's control. There would also be the question why the eyes are still blue in TranZit given Avogadro's presence.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Good question. It's possible the explosion that BA accidentally set off destroyed the APD and Avogadro, freeing up those zombies to be under Sam's control. There would also be the question why the eyes are still blue in TranZit given Avogadro's presence.

I think that latter thing would be because in Tranzit, the Avogadro is merely in his ethereal form. In Alpha Omega, he inhabits the APD, the device that provides power of the electromagnetic realm. Here, he lost his physical body, entering an ethereal one. Once the APD device around him was gone, he lost his power over the undead.

Archived