Peter McCain: Where does he go after AO?

ProjectKMR

I figured I'd take my own small crack-shot at a theory for all to see. Now, Peter McCain. A legend within the Zombies Storyline, one could even argue it was him who kick-started the story we know and now love back in Shi-No-Numa. Of course we've come to learn over the years he was an OSS Spy sent by the US to extract information from Group 935, but what if he's also something more than that? Perhaps, similar to Pablo Marinus, he is a Hero of the Great War. Think of it for a moment, it wouldn't be the first time we're thrown a curve-ball like this but in my opinion it all makes sense. I'll explain why. This recording from Alpha Omega is my basis for this theory.

Pernell: Doctor Hale says you're making big improvements every day now.

Peter McCain: Yes, sir. You might say I'm beginning to feel like the old me.

Pernell: Absolutely remarkable. How far you've come these past few months can't be understated. How's the memory loss?

Peter: Still a struggle, sir. If I close my eyes, I can see it clearly for a moment: Der Riese, Asylum, the Shi No Numa. But, then it's gone.

Pernell: And the nightmares?

Peter: The nightmares, sir?

Pernell: Doctor Hale mentioned something about strange dreams. Giant Monsters, Medieval France.

Peter: Not in weeks, sir. Those have subsided.

Pernell: Outstanding news. So, what's next Peter? What are your plans once your recovery's complete?

Peter: Sir?

Pernell: Well, Doctor Hale mentioned your interest in staying on at Broken Arrow.

Peter: Broken Arrow brought me back from beyond the veil, sir. I could think of no greater honor than repaying the organization for what they've done.

Pernell: Believe me, Peter, the honor would be all ours. These are strange times. I need good men like you in my circle. DOD's claws are deep into our organization: Too deep. I've not confirmed it, but I suspect they've planted spies in our ranks. Last month, out of the blue, they forced me to give up the Elemental Shard, as if they knew what we were up to.

Peter: I'm sorry to hear that, sir.

Pernell: Oh, that's all right. DOD don't know it, but I managed to break the shard in two. Kept half so that we can continue our work. We need to stay on our toes. I need people I can trust. You're welcome to join the organization, but it'll mean swearing loyalty to Broken Arrow before the United States. Company over country. I need to know that's something you can do.

Peter: I can do that, sir.

If you notice during this conversation soon after Peter McCain is brought back to life by the Elemental Shard, Peter has dreams of medieval France and gigantic monsters from what can only be described as a nightmare. Why would Peter have visions of The Great War if he hadn't been there? You could argue it's just an effect of the Elemental Shard, but that is simply too boring of a reason and Treyarch usually doesn't go with the boring reason, as dumb as that admittedly sounds to say out loud. We also know that at the end of Alpha Omega we see that Peter McCain's soul is transported into the Elemental Orb similar to how Gersch was able to do at the end of Ascension. Before flying off into the unknown, Peter says one thing that has me interested. "I have some unfinished business to attend to." 

What exactly is this unfinished business? I don't have an answer for that, but my theory is that he was meant to be a soldier in the Great War similar to Marinus. We know that inter-dimensional travel is able to be done through the form of an Elemental Orb. We saw Gersch go from the original timeline into Dimension 63's Gorod Krovi. If Gersch was able to do it, why wouldn't McCain be able to do it too? Plus, the Elemental Orb is created specifically to transport a human soul into another inhabitable body. Whether it's the A.D.A.M Unit he was trapped in by Pernell or a different body of a fallen soldier in battle, he could transport his soul into a new host and bring it a new life. My theory is that Peter traveled to the Great War and played a pivotal role in getting Revelations Richtofen into the cryo-pod that goes to Blood of the Dead, breaking the cycle in the first place.

This also creates another theory now that I think of it, the Broken Cycle Universe that is BO4 has happened multiple times just like the Cycle we saw from WaW to BO3. The events that happen in THIS version of the Broken Cycle lead to finally ending the cycle forever and banishing everything to the Dark Aether. It's complicated to explain as this entire storyline is, but I hope you can at least grasp an understanding of what I'm trying to say here. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
18 hours ago, ProjectKMR said:

We saw Gersch go from the original timeline into Dimension 63's the Agonia Fracture's Gorod Krovi.

Just me being a little antfucker, sorry. Thank you for the post, I almost forgot about Peter McCain's story, and that while he was the very origin of zombie theorizing back in the days of Verruckt/Shi no Numa. 

Your theory about him going back to the Great War to assist Richthofen is interesting, as Rushmore even states that he is "someone very important to humanity's future". That, together with your already mentioned quote of McCain stating that he has some unfinished things to attend to, make it seem like his non-visible actions are really important for the Grand Scheme of things, for mankind. He could very well play a role in the Great War, just like Primis and Pablo Marinus did. 

There is, however, a difference between Gersch's appearance and McCain's. Gersch is trapped in the Aether, where he seemingly seems to have lost his physical body as the Timeline states that after Ultimis release him, he "maintains his ethereal form". I guess this is the same kind of Life Energy seen with the Buried Wisp and the countless energies drained in the MPD, the Origins chests and the Apothican Eggs. McCain's Life Force, on the other hand, is said to be transferred in the Elemental Orb.

"The Elemental Orb was designed to contain and safely transport a human life force. It should provide Deputy Director McCain with a better vessel for his life force than that android he's been trapped inside. Freedom is not free!" - Rushmore

ElementalOrb AlphaOmega Zombies BO4

For some reason, McCain's Life Force cannot freely move around, as it needs an artificially generated 'Elemental Orb', in order to do things. Or maybe the orb was merely needed like some kind of 'magnet' to pull McCains Life Force out of the ADAM unit. The fact that it is called the Elemental Orb make me also think it is connected or possibly created with the help of the Elemental Shard, as this too is connected with souls (remember how the souls of Ultimis are linked through the Shard?).

If your theory about the Great War would be correct, I wonder how McCain knew about the whole Great War/Primis/Cycle thing. The same can be said about Pablo Marinus, actually. Is is merely due to the dilusions of 115?

Last thing: For some weird reason we also see McCain in the Revelations gameplay trailer, though he never is encountered in the map itself. Why. In a new comic loading screen, released with the comics, we also see him vanishing from Shi no Numa after Primis Richthofen shot his Ultimis counterpart. Where did McCain disappear to?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor peter mccain revelationsAfbeeldingsresultaat voor callofdutyzombies new kino loading screen

4 hours ago, anonymous said:

Last thing: For some weird reason we also see McCain in the Revelations gameplay trailer, though he never is encountered in the map itself. Why. In a new comic loading screen, released with the comics, we also see him vanishing from Shi no Numa after Primis Richthofen shot his Ultimis counterpart. Where did McCain disappear to?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor peter mccain revelationsAfbeeldingsresultaat voor callofdutyzombies new kino loading screen

The Peter McCain in Revelations I believe was confirmed as a pure accident, but correct me if I'm wrong on that. As for why Peter McCain is gone from his hanging spot in Shi No Numa, I believe that the plane right there is the plane he goes into that leads him into the Agonia Fracture.

• Moderators

Yes I have also heard that Peter in Rev was just an accident and not lore related. 

The plane in the comic, however, is definitely the nacht plane. The point of this comic loading screen is that it's just like the Kino loading screen, which shows every WaW map. Except this one is very arguably intended to be post-Tag Der Toten, because it shows history playing out normally without Zombies/115. Which is the reason that the Nacht plane lands rather than crashing at Nacht, people are playing golf because Verruckt is a normal Asylum, and Peter isn't there because he was never sent to spy on 935.

Also this HIGHLY suggests that the Giant has something to do with Tag but that's pretty off topic.

The GK Peter is just an alternate version that died at GK because of Primis temporal rifts, nothingburger imo. But the Alpha Omega Peter is very interesting, the Great War theory is certainly plausible.

58 minutes ago, KronoriumExcerptB said:

The plane in the comic, however, is definitely the nacht plane. The point of this comic loading screen is that it's just like the Kino loading screen, which shows every WaW map. Except this one is very arguably intended to be post-Tag Der Toten, because it shows history playing out normally without Zombies/115. Which is the reason that the Nacht plane lands rather than crashing at Nacht, people are playing golf because Verruckt is a normal Asylum, and Peter isn't there because he was never sent to spy on 935.

This is easily one of the most, if not the most interesting theory I've ever heard about this comic-book loading screen thing. 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, KronoriumExcerptB said:

Also this HIGHLY suggests that the Giant has something to do with Tag but that's pretty off topic.

I always assumed it had to do with eliminating Doctor Richthofen in the Giant causing all the events not to happen in that fracture, however that wouldn't make sense as the events of Nacht, Verruckt and McCain's rendezvous to the Rising Sun Facility happen prior to the "Fluffy incident", at which Richthofen was killed here. So I guess something else in the Giant, not killing Richthofen, was indeed related to the events of Tag der Toten. Either that or it has to do with the Demonic Announcer prior to Samantha (as Samantha wasn't in control during Nacht and Verruckt), though that sounds unlikely.

I'm not sure who, but I believe @RichKiller or @caljitsu heard a campfire quote in Tag of Richthofen saying that he remembers Samantha promising him something long ago, and that her dad had a plan. Immediately after that Nikolai says "Look! The Lighthouse Beam!". In the Giant, upon activating Die Glocke Maxis says "I see it! The Beacon is lit! I know where you are. Sooner or later, I will find you and will secure a better tomorrow for the children". We know that in the Grand Scheme of Nikolai, the events of BO3 up to Zetsubou no Shima are canon, including the Giant. And as Nikolai's and Maxis's quotes seem to relate to each other, are our actions in the Giant essential for what we do in Tag der Toten? This raises alot of new questions, but it would explain this renewed Kino comic page. 

I am also curious to the how time continues in Agartha. We know Aether is a dimension above time, but somehow there has to be time, right? At one moment in the House, Maxis is killed by Monty. But at one moment, he still lives. And for the Beacon step, Maxis still has to be alive. So could Agartha be a 3D realm with time within the timeless Aether?

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I always assumed it had to do with eliminating Doctor Richthofen in the Giant causing all the events not to happen in that fracture, however that wouldn't make sense as the events of Nacht, Verruckt and McCain's rendezvous to the Rising Sun Facility happen prior to the "Fluffy incident", at which Richthofen was killed here. So I guess something else in the Giant, not killing Richthofen, was indeed related to the events of Tag der Toten. Either that or it has to do with the Demonic Announcer prior to Samantha (as Samantha wasn't in control during Nacht and Verruckt), though that sounds unlikely.

I'm not sure who, but I believe @RichKiller or @caljitsu heard a campfire quote in Tag of Richthofen saying that he remembers Samantha promising him something long ago, and that her dad had a plan. Immediately after that Nikolai says "Look! The Lighthouse Beam!". In the Giant, upon activating Die Glocke Maxis says "I see it! The Beacon is lit! I know where you are. Sooner or later, I will find you and will secure a better tomorrow for the children". We know that in the Grand Scheme of Nikolai, the events of BO3 up to Zetsubou no Shima are canon, including the Giant. And as Nikolai's and Maxis's quotes seem to relate to each other, are our actions in the Giant essential for what we do in Tag der Toten? This raises alot of new questions, but it would explain this renewed Kino comic page. 

I am also curious to the how time continues in Agartha. We know Aether is a dimension above time, but somehow there has to be time, right? At one moment in the House, Maxis is killed by Monty. But at one moment, he still lives. And for the Beacon step, Maxis still has to be alive. So could Agartha be a 3D realm with time within the timeless Aether?

I definitely think that's possible but I'd say you're going for the wrong Maxis. At no point does D63 ever really have the know-how or time to do that. Here's the way I think this works.

The other Richtofen from BotD intro reads the Kronorium and sees AO/Tag, and sees his role to play. So he goes to the Giant where he knows Primis are, shoots Richtofen and then the map that we play happens. We go through the Beacon EE (which is NEVER mentioned in the timeline, decent evidence that it's out of cycle) with Zero Base Maxis (more on that later), which activates the lighthouse, allowing Victis to construct the Agarthan Device and then fixing the universe as in the rest of that comic panel.

Why I think it's Zero Base Maxis

#1: He clearly knows a whole lot because he had the Kronorium in his base.

#2: He clearly fights against Monty as he knows Monty likes to take the soul of his pawns, so his facility is gated only to those with souls. 

#3: Why would they just throw in some random Maxis who knew all this stuff if he wouldn't be somehow relevant?

#4: If you listen to the voice lines of Maxis in the Beacon EE he sounds different. He takes a deep breath after every sentence for whatever reason.

On 10/20/2019 at 5:37 AM, anonymous said:

I feel as though I need some sort of evidence that says that time does not exist in the Aether. I feel that telling us there is no time in Aether - or, that time is not a byproduct of a fundamentally Aether-built reality that we may perceive in our own reality - is a flawed kind of hypothesis.

I mean, we're talking about a FUNDAMENTAL piece of space-time. I think ruling out time from the equation isn't the most correct analogy. Aetherial space-time exists.

[Edit: Bit of a broader explanation here - my concept of space-time functionality in the general multiversal plane is a bit strange with Aether, so... bear with me. But I do fundamentally believe in the concept of Aetherial space-time, not only because of Maxis directly referencing it ("Yes, the children will grow up and live in their perfect universe."), but, also because... what we're talking about is an underlying - and important - thread in the makeup of our base reality. To not have it AT ALL is problematic in a million different ways.

I'm not saying it's a far leap of logic, though - the Aether is supposed to be beyond comprehension. Strange that it is that we can comprehend it after Revelations happens - which Monty directly states as it being within the Aether, or rather, its "physical plane". Honestly, the physical/metaphysical Aether dichotomy surrounding the general Aether already has me going in circles trying to understand the "why" of it. Regardless, however - I believe all of what we can understand or perceive as reality has to fall into reality's idealized constructs - or, at the very least, our perception of reality gives those strings that hold it together more meaning. Our perception of time and space doesn't change. Therefore, how can Aetherial space-time not exist in some fashion if it fundamentally holds together some semblance of our base reality?]

Archived