User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Forum Menu

More Staff Online

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Sign in to follow this  

68 GB update?

Apparently they fixed GK easter egg.

However, the game is saying that it needs a 68 GB update.

Does this overwrite all of the dlc, or does it just take up 68 more GB?

I only have 70GB available, but I could delete the garbage BO4 to make room to DL properly, but I'm unsure if that's needed.

Any help, advice, or information?

Edited by 83457
Typo

You are on Xbox, right? I do know that the PS4 update wasn't that big. You are sure that is the only update, which you have missed, right?

18 minutes ago, Lenne said:

You are on Xbox, right? I do know that the PS4 update wasn't that big. You are sure that is the only update, which you have missed, right?

Yes. I've played recently. 

It's showing as 7gb for some and 67/68 for others. Nobody seems to know why on CoD forums.

It is blowing through it at high speed on my mediocre internet, saying 13% done in minutes.

It has Disc 8.00+ of 44.73GB and Network at 2.68+ of 23.47 GB (currently, and rising). Now Disc is over 9.00 as I typed this.

68 GB should take mad hours, but it says it will be done in 30 minutes.

Weird. Many reset and started over and it only said 7. I tried that and it gave me 2 separate loads at once.

I'm just gonna let it roll. It isn't actually taking more space, so it must be speed-overwriting.

(Fingers crossed). I was playing BF1, but they lost all their servers, so it is just 'poke 83457 with a stick' day, I guess. :)

1 hour ago, 83457 said:

Yes. I've played recently. 

It's showing as 7gb for some and 67/68 for others. Nobody seems to know why on CoD forums.

It is blowing through it at high speed on my mediocre internet, saying 13% done in minutes.

It has Disc 8.00+ of 44.73GB and Network at 2.68+ of 23.47 GB (currently, and rising). Now Disc is over 9.00 as I typed this.

68 GB should take mad hours, but it says it will be done in 30 minutes.

Weird. Many reset and started over and it only said 7. I tried that and it gave me 2 separate loads at once.

I'm just gonna let it roll. It isn't actually taking more space, so it must be speed-overwriting.

(Fingers crossed). I was playing BF1, but they lost all their servers, so it is just 'poke 83457 with a stick' day, I guess. :)

Okay, following up here. It did not take any more space at all.

As usual for xb updates, it froze. This time at 73.9% after about 30+ minutes.

It says that I could start the game (past the 'ready to start' point). But it just took too long to start over and over.

Finally I restarted XB which just froze on a black screen. Then I did a hard restart, and everything came up fine. It still said that it was at 73.9 (it would normally start over).

I started the game, it said zombies was installed but I could only access SoE. I played until it crashed (which it always does on SoE) after 10 minutes.

It told me "installation stopped" though it had made it to 93% while I was playing, and was currently installing despite what it said.

I watched until 100 (usually at 99% it says something went wrong and I must restart). The game loaded without the usual 'activision screen freezes' and all maps are back.

Note that while playing SoE, the game did not stutter horribly at the Junction/Waterfront juncture, as it usually does. So maybe they fixed it. Maybe it only crashed because of installation stopped...

(Fingers crossed).

8 hours ago, 83457 said:

Okay, following up here. It did not take any more space at all.

As usual for xb updates, it froze. This time at 73.9% after about 30+ minutes.

It says that I could start the game (past the 'ready to start' point). But it just took too long to start over and over.

Finally I restarted XB which just froze on a black screen. Then I did a hard restart, and everything came up fine. It still said that it was at 73.9 (it would normally start over).

I started the game, it said zombies was installed but I could only access SoE. I played until it crashed (which it always does on SoE) after 10 minutes.

It told me "installation stopped" though it had made it to 93% while I was playing, and was currently installing despite what it said.

I watched until 100 (usually at 99% it says something went wrong and I must restart). The game loaded without the usual 'activision screen freezes' and all maps are back.

Note that while playing SoE, the game did not stutter horribly at the Junction/Waterfront juncture, as it usually does. So maybe they fixed it. Maybe it only crashed because of installation stopped...

(Fingers crossed).

I'd probably cry myself to sleep. Yeah I also read EA was having troubles with their servers.

Hopefully in the coming day, everything will go smoothly for you and your xbox. :)

21 minutes ago, Lenne said:

Hopefully in the coming day, everything will go smoothly for you and your xbox. :)

The game ran extremely well, it was a real nice treat after being funky for so long. No weird sound or visual issues and no freezing or stuttering. It's like a new game until the malaise of 'been there, done that' kicks in after a few hours. 

Edited by 83457
Wierd misspelled

1 minute ago, 83457 said:

The game ran extremely well, it was a real nice treat after being funky for so long. No wierd sound or visual issues and no freezing or stuttering. It's like a new game until the malaise of 'been there, done that' kicks in after a few hours. 

Good to read. :)

How are you playing these days? Solo or coop?

1 minute ago, Lenne said:

Good to read. :)

How are you playing these days? Solo or coop?

Solo. First time in months that I've played . I just had a desire for it when EA servers died. 

I could only have 3 bots in custom mp, which was odd. It said that I could put up to 17 or 18, but no matter the configuration, I got 3 bots.

2 minutes ago, 83457 said:

Solo. First time in months that I've played . I just had a desire for it when EA servers died. 

I could only have 3 bots in custom mp, which was odd. It said that I could put up to 17 or 18, but no matter the configuration, I got 3 bots.

Ahhh okay. Do you have all the maps for 3?

Hey, I think I can help you with that. Check the group limit setting by pressing (I think) Y (The upper of the four buttons) when being in the menu. I hope you know what I mean.

13 hours ago, Lenne said:

Ahhh okay. Do you have all the maps for 3?

Hey, I think I can help you with that. Check the group limit setting by pressing (I think) Y (The upper of the four buttons) when being in the menu. I hope you know what I mean.

All of the zombie maps, yes.

I'll try that tip next time EA servers die. :)

Edit: I see. On XB I had to hit Y for SOCIAL then set the player limit to 18 (it was on 4). Thanks for that.

Edited by 83457
Learned from Lenne.