“The Secret” (we made it into the game bois)

Electric Jesus

So, since before the map came out, people were curious about a trophy that popped up on PS4 for Tag der Toten. It reads: 

In Tag der Toten, find the secret.

8471BB15-E49F-4E27-86AD-E279B6338FB8.png

welp, they found the secret. 

There’s a weird lonely iceberg with a pool of water that a few very lucky players have gotten to. I’ve seen people use Anywhere but Here and arrive there, but it seems like the “real” way to get there is to have the upper flinger throw you directly there. I’m not sure if it’s yet known exactly how to trigger this or if it’s RNG, but it has happened to some people. 

Anyway, after you get to the iceberg you can swim down into the pool, and you’ll actually have to swim a pretty lengthy distance through icy tunnels.

When you reach the other end and emerge, you’re in an all new area with its own unique skybox. And not just any skybox. 

D6C1A98A-E4E9-4F0E-93E3-E9AC37BA8220.jpeg

If that wasn’t wild enough, when you approach the water, the orchestral version of the song “Pareidolia,” otherwise known as the score for the map Shangri-La, begins to play. 

So... there it is. 

The theory that Shangri-La is on mars is about as OG as it gets around these parts, and it has gotten an official nod from Treyarch. Somewhere Jimmy Z is smiling. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

I think we are still missing the legit steps to get there. Folks are just getting blown over there by the thunder gun or randomly launched by the the flinger. Aside from looking cool there doesn't seem to be anything there, unless it just hasn't loaded in.

Could just be a nod to Pablos radio, seems like a lot of effort just for that. 

2 hours ago, Boom115 said:

I think we are still missing the legit steps to get there. Folks are just getting blown over there by the thunder gun or randomly launched by the the flinger. Aside from looking cool there doesn't seem to be anything there, unless it just hasn't loaded in.

Could just be a nod to Pablos radio, seems like a lot of effort just for that. 

I've seen a few clips of people launching by the flinger, and I've noticed each time they've had the "fling zombies" challenge active. Could be that.

• Moderators

First of all: great shoutout to @Tac and his thread triggering this whole Mars debate back in the days 

Around two years ago, @Rissole25 also mentioned an odd floating rock-like thing in the sky during the Eclipse in Shangri La. People believed it might be a Flying Vril Temple, a meteorite or even one of the Moons of Mars (if Shangri La would really be one Mars).

weirdthing.png

So recently, Kevin Sherwood released his newest instrumental track 'A light from the Shore', showing what seems to be a similar thing. Similar shape, similar background. At the end of the track, it is revealed to include the Lighthouse from Tunguska.

image.png

image.png

I thought this was meant metaphorical or something. But now, ladies and gentlemen, we are introduced to the Secret. We see Mars from Tunguska. Are we on the meteorite circling around Mars? Do we look down on Shangri La, finding ourselves on that unidentified flying object? I self find it odd to find any logic behind that: Liquid water and oxygen on a rock in space? Would the Tunguska explosion perhaps be something else than a meteorite impact. Could it be a link between Earth and Mars literally being blasted in Siberia?

Or am I overanalysing this and is this 'Secret' merely a shoutout to Tac's theory being reality?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

First of all: great shoutout to @Tac and his thread triggering this whole Mars debate back in the days (here is the link)

Around two years ago, @Rissole25 also mentioned an odd floating rock-like thing in the sky during the Eclipse in Shangri La. People believed it might be a Flying Vril Temple, a meteorite or even one of the Moons of Mars (if Shangri La would really be one Mars).

weirdthing.png

So recently, Kevin Sherwood released his newest instrumental track 'A light from the Shore', showing what seems to be a similar thing. Similar shape, similar background. At the end of the track, it is revealed to include the Lighthouse from Tunguska.

image.pngimage.png

I thought this was meant metaphorical or something. But now, ladies and gentlemen, we are introduced to the Secret. We see Mars from Tunguska. Are we on the meteorite circling around Mars? Do we look down on Shangri La, finding ourselves on that unidentified flying object? I self find it odd to find any logic behind that: Liquid water and oxygen on a rock in space? Would the Tunguska explosion perhaps be something else than a meteorite impact. Could it be a link between Earth and Mars literally being blasted in Siberia? Or am I overanalysing this and is this 'Secret' merely a shoutout to Tac's theory being reality?

Hmm... Pablo says everytime he tries to leave on the raft, he apparently comes right back to the shore... is it because he is just circling back around this tiny celestial object?

My question is though, how were Group 935/George Romero/The Ascension Group able to access it from Earth? Is there some place on Earth where you just seamlessly transition to it? Very strange indeed.

...wow, this is deeper than I thought. 

That begs the same questions we had before though, like “How did Brock and Gary walk to mars?”

If anything, it might be significant that they are bringing up Jeb the Blacksmith, whose Pack-a-Punch machine was recovered from an old west town buried in africa. They never mention recovering the Time-bomb, but thats certainly a plausible explanation for how a single town can teleport thru time and space. I’ve already talked about how the entire temple of Shang is basically a huge clunky low-tech teleporter. Maybe the time-bomb is an actual compact town-uprooting-device, and Richtofen messed with it after bringing it back to siberia. 

• Moderators

The raft laying at this secret location also implies that Pablo was here at some moment. Did he knew he was near Mars? Is that what these ramblings imply?

VkT8uE2GFM3nSpjjDQhAQcoIs4dxDotv2RvEbWFA

The object in the centre seems the most like a moon to me. Could it perhaps be this celestial object? According to @RadZakpak, this calendar was called 'Vril map' in the game files. With all the solar year references and stuff, could Pablo tried to unravel how to escape his paradoxal location here? "When the six....are together". The six planets maybe? Is it tied with the Eclipse and it's time manipulating abilities? Maybe it is some kind of bubble in time, an own timepocket if you will

I’m currently messing with the brightness and colors in the above pic to try and make out some of the text. Here’s what I’ve got so far. 

The bottom-right says “Cuando los 6 _____ (cosmos maybe?) juntos, el poder sera de nosotros!” 

When the six ____ together, the power will be for us! 

If it does in fact say cosmos, he might be referring to “six degrees of freedom,” or the six directions in which an unfixed object in 3d space can travel. (Up, down, back, forth, left, right.) 

above that to the left, I first thought he wrote “Tanta en unos de los 4 cardinales?” which means “how far in one of the four cardinals?” (Cardinal meaning compass direction in this case)

if you were on a small spherical planet, and you measured the maximum distance you can travel in a straight line before coming back to your starting point, that’s essentially the only figure you need in order to deduce that you’re on a round planet, and also calculate its size. 

...however, it turns out the holes and cracks in the page are actually negative space in the texture, so viewing it on a white background makes it easier to differentiate between letters and just random lines in the page. This makes me second-guess the first word of that previous phrase. Instead of “Tanta” it might be 2 words, starting with “De ____” not positive.

At the center-right of the page it says “a las 7 de la noche” which means “at 7 pm” 

at the top left, it definitely starts with “2 partas de un ....” two parts of a something.

...also it kinda looks like the A7x logo at the corners of the page. 

• Moderators

weirdthing.pngAfbeeldingsresultaat voor phobos

The shape of the weird celestial object in the Shangri La Eclipse is very similar to Deimos, the smaller Moon of Mars. Round at the bottom, narrower on the topside. Is this Deimos we are looking at? The odd thing is that the Eclipse Moon remains Earth's: a big circle. I also saw the rock in the 'Light from the Shore' video has a different shape:

image.pngAfbeeldingsresultaat voor phobos

I'm of the opinion this one looks more like Phobos, Mars's other Moon. I'm unsure, though.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

I've given this my thoughts and got a possible hypothesis, if Shangri La truly is on Mars. Okay, so keep in mind that gravity is an interaction of higher dimensions, being theorized to be able to wrap up our 3 spatial and one temporal (time) dimensions: Thus the Interstellar scenario where the closer to a black hole (heavy gravity), the slower time goes. Gravity pretty much generates time, in easy words. 

e113_1.png

Now when an Eclipse occurs, I was thinking, you've got three orbs with a gravity field (the Sun, the Moon and the planet), basically creating a "line of gravity". What if this line would function as a straight road, a path, a temporal portal? Like one planet has a pressure in the field of space-time , three planets would have a line of pressure forming a connection. This could teleport the City

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
On 9/26/2019 at 10:47 PM, Electric Jesus said:

If it does in fact say cosmos, he might be referring to “six degrees of freedom,” or the six directions in which an unfixed object in 3d space can travel. (Up, down, back, forth, left, right.) 

above that to the left, I first thought he wrote “Tanta en unos de los 4 cardinales?” which means “how far in one of the four cardinals?” (Cardinal meaning compass direction in this case)

'How far in one of the four cardinals?' So combining this with something we see on the Moon loading screen:

SENSATIONAL!

Not dissimilar to the Aztec and Mayan calendars, the Mythos disc defines the celestial patterns for your practical and magical purposes. Cipactli, Ehecatl, Calli, Cuetzpalin, Coatl, etc. are represented in non-visible form. Abide by its magical powers and use

Cipactli, Ehecatl, Calli, Cuetzpalin, Coatl, etc are all Aztec day signs that stand for a direction: Cipactli (crocodile; east), Ehecatl (wind ; north), Cali (house; west), Cuetzpalin (lizard; south), Coatl (snake; east). Now this text on the loading screen stands next to an imagine of the circular disk in front of the Moon Pyramid Device. The text also includes 'the Mythos disc defines the celestial patterns for your practical and magical purposes'. So is this disk able to manipulate celestial patterns, possibly activating ancient teleport mechanisms? Perhaps the four buttons in Shangri La are also connected to such stone disk

Archived