New CoDz Theme

Hells Warrrior

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly speaking, I think it looks great! A lot better than before, by a long shot.

If anything, a few small things I could think about is having a more flashy background picture behind the general forums - this weird fern business irks me.

Other than that... yeah! Looks pretty good to me. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any bugs.

[Quick Edit: oh my god where are signatures i might cry if they are gone]

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, The Meh said:

Honestly speaking, I think it looks great! A lot better than before, by a long shot.

If anything, a few small things I could think about is having a more flashy background picture behind the general forums - this weird fern business irks me.

Other than that... yeah! Looks pretty good to me. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any bugs.

YOU DON"T LIKE OUR FERN??????

We had Tag on it and it looked 10/10, however didn't work for mobile. Need to do some work on the back end and we will have it again. Until then, enjoy the plant life.

unknown.png?width=1442&height=683

• Tech Admin
15 minutes ago, Hells Warrrior said:

@Boom115 @RadZakpak

Thanks for highlighting, it is the standard editor with no changes, however, the editor may be calling some of the css from the theme and I’ll look into this.

I've changed the editor just now to a different version, the icons are images that are being called from within CK Editor, not the them. Will look into a solution.

• Tech Admin
On 9/24/2019 at 9:15 PM, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

At first I was like AH WTF, but I just don't like change, objectively though it does look nicer. A criticism would be that the text is a bit dark maybe? Makes it slightly hard to read, think plain white would look better. Just my could of pennies worth though, dunno if anyone else feels the same.

Lets have a look at this, I have change it to white text, it's a bit much for me to be honest. 

It looks real good to me.

I wish I had a reason to lurk here. I never did get into Gorod Krovi because I began being dissapointed by Bleak Ops 4 and my nostalgia train left shortly after that (I bought most of BO3 just before BO4 released). I tried going back to BO3, but meh, I just could not love GK for some reason.

I hope things are getting better here.

The navigation and the font need some work. I like the page container being "transparent" but the font makes it pretty hard to read while the lights are out. I strained my eyes. When I click "forums" in the navi, it usually takes you to the thread you're currently viewing.

For example, you're in this thread, right? Click Forums when you try to go back to the main page of the site. It doesn't take you there, but rather the thread you're already viewing,.

(Ohh... I love the animation it makes when I press "reply"!)

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Carlos said:

The navigation and the font need some work. I like the page container being "transparent" but the font makes it pretty hard to read while the lights are out. I strained my eyes. When I click "forums" in the navi, it usually takes you to the thread you're currently viewing.

For example, you're in this thread, right? Click Forums when you try to go back to the main page of the site. It doesn't take you there, but rather the thread you're already viewing,.

(Ohh... I love the animation it makes when I press "reply"!)

We tested a bright white font color vs. the light-tone gray we use now, and found that the white text color is pretty hard on the eyes. We will continue testing out more styles to see what works. I know in mobile it can get lose pretty quick.

I've fixed the FORUMS link issue. Pretty easy fix but was something that the theme kinda goofed up.

Thanks for bringing these to our attention!

spacer.png

This area is hard to see. I nearly missed it and kept scrolling. Would be nice to have something that delineates it a bit. Some of the areas are definitely tough to read with the lights on in my room. Overall though, I do like this style better.

One thing I would personally like is the ability to collapse the recent activity above the forums.

10 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

We tested a bright white font color vs. the light-tone gray we use now, and found that the white text color is pretty hard on the eyes. We will continue testing out more styles to see what works. I know in mobile it can get lose pretty quick.

I've fixed the FORUMS link issue. Pretty easy fix but was something that the theme kinda goofed up.

Thanks for bringing these to our attention!

It's not the color. It's the font. It was too tiny. This is my board (Attached below).

That looks more readable than what you currently have now. You don't need to change anything, just the font size or the fonttype or something. I don't know, but I do like everything else.

ReadableCODF.png

35 minutes ago, Hells Warrrior said:

I’ll look at the font size, I personally don’t see the issue with the font size but others may. 

It might be worth slightly tweaking up the size if possible. It does feel a very little bit minimalistic...

...weird as that sounds.

Personally, I'm more a fan of the Google Drive-esque font size they use at a base 11. But that's just me.

Archived