A Light in the Darkness (part of?) the intro cutscene

Lenne

• Moderators

A Light in the Darkness

Hello everyone, Treyarch uploaded a teaser video for the new DLC4 map "A Light in the Darkness". Going out on a limb here and say, this confirms CotD remake actually being the map.

The map will release on the 23rd on PS4 as Treyarch tweeted out and then on the 30th for Xbox One and PC.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is the full intro, I mean it's a couple of minutes in length already and we didn't really see Nuketown in its own cutscene at all either. Suppose now it seems like the leader of Primis can just spawn a portal when they please so it's not like Treyarch need to bridge the gap to show us how the crew arrived at the map, so they've taken an alternative approach with these last couple of intros. Do prefer the regular cutscene styles, personally.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

I think this is the full intro, I mean it's a couple of minutes in length already and we didn't really see Nuketown in its own cutscene at all either. Suppose now it seems like the leader of Primis can just spawn a portal when they please so it's not like Treyarch need to bridge the gap to show us how the crew arrived at the map, so they've taken an alternative approach with these last couple of intros. Do prefer the regular cutscene styles, personally.

For me personally it would be kinda dissapointing if this is really the whole intro.

I personally despise cutscenes in zombies, but if they really have to include them, then might as well do it comic book style. What I don't get though: They gave BotD a normal cutscene, but the dlc (Aether) maps get these. Okay I actually do get it, it is probably because these are easier to make, but still the inconcistency is driving me nuts.

I have a hard time really associating this to the final map at all. I do imagine Victis will have their hands in the mix of what comes next, of course, but... this feels like a sort of slight disconnect.

Given the idea of what's to come, I'm inclined to argue for the possibility of that ZC drop we've heard about thrown around.

...but, that's just what I think on the matter.

• Moderators

I like how, for the first time ever, there is optimism. Hope. It's not like "our heroes find themselves in the most dangerous task ever", but victory is near, Stuhlinger is contacted to fulfill their last job and then they are there. I am really curious how every one predicts what is going to happen: Not only story-wise but also where we are heading to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 9/8/2019 at 2:45 PM, anonymous said:

I like how, for the first time ever, there is optimism.

I hope it will come back to bite them. I can not for the life of me think of a positive ending for these characters and especially not, when you consider all the context from the mode itself and the situation Treyarch is in, but we'll see.

Archived