The Updated Timeline - Last updated 6/29/2020

RadZakpak

• Moderators

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EtGWoRLpXmx7Y28OcJB7j6TPJVMIONCF02_T_6ROpoU/edit?usp=sharing

I wanted to create an updated timeline which includes the background events of Classified and Alpha Omega as well as Campaign events and real life events that would pertain to our storyline. The above link is what I have so far. I will eventually go on to add the events of the Broken Cycle, probably after the final DLC so we can have a full sequence of events.

As of right now, tell me if I'm missing anything, because I would love to add as much clear info as possible to put things into a more linear perspective. I tried my best to only include events that we know have a definitive date or at least month mentioned, and if there's anything you'd like a source on I would be happy to provide.

Also big credit to @Monopoly Mac as I took his original transcript of the timeline to use as a base, and added to that.

EDIT: Dates from Tag der Toten added.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

"Using the APD und MKALPHA"

I think you've crawled too well in Richthofen's role for the storybook, my friend.

In all seriousness, this is great work. Absolutely usefull to see all Cold War dates written linear. For example, now I see that the first succesfull Soviet teleportation tests were years before the inventation of the Gersch device, meaning that the Ascension Group achieved it to create teleporters next to the Gersch device. Also cool to see the Black Ops Campaign and real life events included.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

"Using the APD und MKALPHA"

I think you've crawled too well in Richthofen's role for the storybook, my friend.

This is too real... I've been reading and writing und so much these past few weeks as I edit the current storybook and prepare for the next chapter.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Eagle's Nest, this is Griffin Station, we have an update.

I have added to the timeline the known dates from Pablo, Richtofen, Yena, and Jeb Brown radios found on the map. Pablo's dates are a bit sketchy due to his wording, however I believe his numbering of days starts when he is first captured, as that is most consistent with his wording and lines up with the words of Yena and Gersh. Also at the very bottom I have the events of the broken cycle. If there is more that I should add to this timeline, or things that should be clarified, let me know.

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Is this in the Original Universe? How odd

Yes! Here is the radio from Tag der Toten: 

Edward Richtofen: "Log Entry 1438. Date: July 18th, 1945. Dear diary, I have been in Group 935 Siberian facility for nearly days and mein cup already runneth over with exciting news! First, yesterday I've learned that I would receive not one, not two but three test subjects! Aah, hopefully with proper 115 injections we will be able to use these specimens to access to the human mind. The Chancellor's undead army is on standby until we crack this crucial step. Und secondly...

(A door is opened. Someone entered the room dragging another person)

Soldier: Here he is, Richtofen.

Reporter: Get you damn hands off me!

Richtofen: Now what do we have here? A spy?

Reporter: If you know what's good for you, you'd let me go!

Richtofen: Oh yes, ja, ja! I'm just you worked for someone incredibly important.

Reporter: I'm a reporter. I was hired by a man, Mr. Rapt, I never met him. He asked me to find some goods for him. Things he wanted badly.

Richtofen: Sounds thrilling. And what were these... goods he wanted so badly?

Reporter: (sigh) Look, I don't know the specifics, he just told me to travel to Russia. He gave me these coordinates, which led me here. How was I supposed to know it was a freaking German base?! Gave some vague description of a strange metal object.

(Richtofen picks up the Vril Vessel)

Richtofen: This, I assume?

Reporter: Yeah, that'll be it. Called it the "Seal of duality", whatever the hell that means.

Richtofen: Well, the Vril Vessel isn't for sale and is certainly not for stealing. But it is curious. I have only just arrived in this facility, bringing the Vril Vessel with me. Yet, you somehow know it would be here. How is this possible?

Reporter: How the hell am I supposed to know? I just go where the Shadowman says to go. I don't know how he does it. Listen, when Mr. Rapt wants to find you he's got his ways. Look, you want to go ahead and get this over with, if you're gonna kill me, kill me. Not like it'll matter. It's kind of funny, you know. Something Mr. Rapt said, but if I failed him and died, it'll be okay. He said he'd reach out to me all over the multiverse, whatever that means. I didn't pay it no mind then but maybe some other me is out there having a lot better luck than I have

Soldier: Sir, what should we do?

Richtofen: Take the strange sad little man away. Find a hole.

Then here's the Shadow of Evil message it is referring to:

Reporter: "Hey Mr. Rapt. So I tracked down all the people you asked me to look into. I sent you a telegram of all their details, all their contact numbers. But I gotta be honest... I'm getting nervous. These last six months you've had me working like a low rent private dick, when really I just wanna be a reporter. It's not that I'm ungrateful, I know the cheques you've given me are more than generous for services rendered. It's just.. all the stuff you've had me do - tracking down ancient artifacts in the South Pacific, finding all these strange metals and rocks in Russia - and still, I haven't even met you face-to-face! I'm sorry Mr. Rapt, I think maybe the mood in the city has given me a little... it's making me nervous, antsy. Anyway, I'm looking forward to you finally getting here."

So it seems the Shadowman wanted to craft the Agarthan device for himself. Maybe he managed to get the Agarthan Device in Dimension 63 but due to being locked in the Summoning Key he wasn't able to get the Shard and the Blood.

• Moderators

This radio is so weird. So:

• The Reporter knows that mr. Rapt is the Shadowman. He also knows about the Multiverse.
  • The Shadowman is in the Original Universe as well. This would fit with his clues in Zombies Chronicles (his hat, his silouette)
  • The Reporter doesn't care about his life
  • The Reporter lives in D1 and D63 around the same year
  • The Siberian Outpost is also in D63? (as the D63 reporter talks about Tunguska as well)
  • Moderators

Calling all units, I need one last sweep of the Aether for dates to be added. I've added the blueprints dates I could find on Tag and from what @PINNAZ has dumped in the Discord. Currently all the important dates are added, but I like detail in my timelines, so I'm calling everyone to recall any time specific dates are mentioned or written somewhere, or if you know of a real life event that would fit in in the timeline pertaining to Zombies events. I'd like this to be a definitive reference guide.

Also, I've added dates about the invention of the Dynamite Bundle, Heat Pack, Wunderwaffe, and Tundra Gun. I feel like with all those, there would also be a date for the Thundergun somewhere? If anyone could find that, that would be superb.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Added July 6th, 1940, the day the Ray Gun Mk2's schematics are drawn up: 

25720537654_e11b161e7d_z.jpg

Added October 22nd, 1963, the date schematics are drawn up for the 115 drill:

latest?cb=20190709105104

Added November 5th, 1965, the date schematics are drawn up for the MMTD (Mobile Matter Transference Device):

a0c96dd3-a7a7-4bae-aec3-c22ea6635413.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Added the following entries:

January 20th, 1961

John F. Kennedy is inaugurated as the President of the United States.

March 15th, 1961

Exposed Magazine creates an issue about the Space Race, and the struggle between the United States and Soviet Union as they attempt to send the first person to space.

April 12th, 1961

Yuri Gagarin becomes the first human to be sent into space.

July 7th, 1962

Exposed Magazine creates an issue about a Silverback Gorilla sent into space by the Soviet Union that returned as a zombie.

Screen_Shot_2020-03-01_at_12.59.40_PM.pn

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I have updated the timeline by highlighting all entries and words placed there by me in green. That way, you know what was added by me, and what was in the original, so there is no more confusion. I also brought up another transcription of the timeline done by a different person, and compared the two, checking the actual timeline image where there were discrepancies. So now, hopefully, all entries from the official timeline should be completely accurate without me having to break my neck again trying to transcribe the source once again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I added dates from the World at War campaign, and I went back and added mission names for all campaign missions, so they are easily searchable and recognizable. I also clarified which Strike Force missions in BO2 possibly do not happen because of player choice.

I also added this entry: 

November 8th, 1906

Hans Schmidt is born.

60683592 67b3 40a9 98fa 1b28096132ca

I assume this follows the Month/Day/Year format simply because that's just how Treyarch does all their dates in-game, even when it doesn't really make sense in context. Also, who is this particular Hans Schmidt? No idea, probably nobody. But hey, it's a date. And I love dates.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

I assume this follows the Month/Day/Year format simply because that's just how Treyarch does all their dates in-game, even when it doesn't really make sense in context. Also, who is this particular Hans Schmidt? No idea, probably nobody. But hey, it's a date. And I love dates.

Is that from Der Eisendrache? Do you remember what is the title of this document? I assume it was a Group 935 member, though the fact it misses '935' is weird. Also why classified when already in a classified location of a classified organization?

• Moderators
5 hours ago, anonymous said:

Is that from Der Eisendrache? Do you remember what is the title of this document? I assume it was a Group 935 member, though the fact it misses '935' is weird. Also why classified when already in a classified location of a classified organization?

It's from Chronicles Moon, where there's a lot of 935 logos without the numbers.

• Moderators

Finally added something to Dimension 63, even if it is small:

October 17th, 1917

Wall Street goes into a panic as stocks crash

latest?cb=20130906115539

Problem is, there is a date at the very top of the pages, February 26th, 1932. I was excited, thinking this would be the date that these pages were written. However, Al Arlington did not get convicted until July 1st, 1932 according to the timeline. So what could this date mean to him?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I have made the single biggest addition to the timeline thus far, adding a TON of entries from Black Ops intel and the CIA Data Server. There are far too many entries to list here.

I can see a case being made that a majority of these new additions have nothing to do with Zombies, and while I agree, I will quote one Sheev Palpatine: 

"Anakin, if one is to understand the great mystery, one must study all its aspects."

I can also see how one may see that as diluting the waters, so to speak. So I've made a copy here of the older version, before the intel/data server additions. This version will not change, and all new additions will go to the fully updated version in the OP.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Decided to look through radios and such again to add more entries for events that do not have a specific date, by including an estimate. Some events are too significant to leave out of a comprehensive timeline like this, so let me know if I am off-base in my estimations or if there are others I should add. Today I added:

Sometime after December 31st, 1299

Richtofen realizes his role in perpetuating the cycle, sharing his discovery with Pablo Marinus. Pablo suggests that there may be a way to break the cycle. With Pablo’s help, Richtofen teleports to the Alcatraz Pocket Dimension and freezes himself in a cryo-pod along with the gem from the Staff of Fire, awaiting the day that the Mobsters’ cycle is broken.

1958/1959

The Ascension Group receives a transmission from Pablo Marinus instructing them to find the Apothicon Blood in order to build the Agarthan Device. Harvey Yena puts together a team to extract the blood at the specific coordinates in the Pacific Ocean. Shortly after recovering the blood, Dr. Gersh convinces Dr. Yena that the Ascension Group should study the blood rather than deliver it to Pablo.

Sometime between 1958/1959 and December 12th, 1962

The Ascension Group discovers that the Apothicon Blood is made up of millions of microscopic organisms which use negative space for energy. Further research would be performed on primates for rocket testing, giving them rejuvenation abilities. Gersh has the idea to apply the concept of negative space towards what would become Project Mercury.

Sometime Before May 11th, 1964

Dr. Hale discovers that the Elemental Shard is capable of outputting an incredible amount of energy compared to average 115, believing it to be Dr. Maxis’ Genesis Code. She notes that A.D.A.M.s charged with the shard exhibit traits that suggest they are sentient.

Sometime between June 1st, 1964 and February 8th, 1965

Peter McCain continues to recover from his revival, and agrees to work for Broken Arrow. Pernell reveals that the DOD forced Broken Arrow to relinquish the Elemental Shard, however he kept a portion for himself. Peter swears his loyalty to the company over the country.

Between December 24th, 1963 and January 25th, 1965

The APD is constructed, however Broken Arrow struggles to find a power source without access to human life force. Shortly after Dr. Hale discovers that A.D.A.M.s powered by the Elemental Shard can be used as sources.

February 14th, 1965

Yuri is interrogated by Director Pernell for the first time. Sometime later, he dies during an interrogation.

Sometime between February 4th, 1968 and March 15th, 1968

Cornelius Pernell locks Peter McCain in Solitary. Peter’s soul is placed into the body of an A.D.A.M.

(In Dimension 63)

Sometime before June 13th, 1932

Alcatraz Island opens a year early, and the Warden celebrates. Sometime later, the Warden bemoans his inability to contact “the dark ones.” He renounces the Illuminati and plans to raise Hell within the prison.

December 31st, 1933

The Shadowman instructs The Warden to sacrifice himself and use the souls of Sal, Finn, BIlly, and Al to transform the island into a pocket dimension. Their eternal cycle will act as a trap for a future Richtofen should it ever be broken.

January 19th, 1934

The Warden kills himself via electric chair, creating the Alcatraz pocket dimension and trapping the Mobsters in an endless cycle.

This is all based just on Black Ops 4 content, so I may add more. But I must sleep.

On 4/14/2020 at 10:27 PM, RadZakpak said:

Finally added something to Dimension 63, even if it is small:

October 17th, 1917

Wall Street goes into a panic as stocks crash

latest?cb=20130906115539

Problem is, there is a date at the very top of the pages, February 26th, 1932. I was excited, thinking this would be the date that these pages were written. However, Al Arlington did not get convicted until July 1st, 1932 according to the timeline. So what could this date mean to him?

This is exactly one week after the Valentine's day massacre:
"While I realize that the current lack of cooperation from Chicago's finest leaves us at something of a disadvantage, I find your latest report extremely troubling. The alliance that exists between our outfit and the north side gangs must be sustained - Lest we face a repeat of February 19th 1929."

"The big, ahhh, Valentine's Day, what a way to finally go out, one for the history books. That ratfink, lyin', schemin', little fucker Weasel."

Whatever happened with the weasel is a bit weird. Don't think we have the full answers. This may be related to "Icarus from Mars". 

• Moderators

Sometime between June 1st, 1964 and February 8th, 1965

Peter McCain continues to recover from his revival, and agrees to work for Broken Arrow. Pernell reveals that the DOD forced Broken Arrow to relinquish the Elemental Shard, however he kept a portion for himself. Peter swears his loyalty to the company over the country.

I do not understand how Pernell could already have the Elemental Shard while the Timeline says the following in 1973

August 11th, 1973

Broken Arrow recovers a shard of Element 115 from Division 9.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

I do not understand how Pernell could already have the Elemental Shard while the Timeline says the following in 1973

This I think may just be a complete retcon by Alpha Omega. If I had to explain it, I'd say it means in 1973 they finally gave Broken Arrow back the half of the Shard that they took away. This has to happen eventually anyway.

The Shard is acquired by Pernell from a shipment at Groom Lake in 1961 secretly, under the DOD's nose.

Then in 1964 after reviving Peter with it, the DOD tries to take it away. Pernell keeps Half A, while DOD gets Half B.

In 1968 Pernell becomes Avogadro and keeps Half A in the APD to be found in Alpha Omega. After Pernell is replaced as leader, the DOD allows further testing with Half B in 1973, and this half is found by Victis in the comics.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

This I think may just be a complete retcon by Alpha Omega. If I had to explain it, I'd say it means in 1973 they finally gave Broken Arrow back the half of the Shard that they took away. This has to happen eventually anyway.

The Shard is acquired by Pernell from a shipment at Groom Lake in 1961 secretly, under the DOD's nose.

Then in 1964 after reviving Peter with it, the DOD tries to take it away. Pernell keeps Half A, while DOD gets Half B.

In 1968 Pernell becomes Avogadro and keeps Half A in the APD to be found in Alpha Omega. After Pernell is replaced as leader, the DOD allows further testing with Half B in 1973, and this half is found by Victis in the comics.

On what file is this timeline excerpt based, actually? From an in-game document or was it already in the Timeline?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, anonymous said:

On what file is this timeline excerpt based, actually? From an in-game document or was it already in the Timeline?

This is all from Classified/Alpha Omega apart from the bit in 1973 which was the original timeline.

Archived