Old videos like this remind me why I don't enjoy zombies as much as I used to and why running trains is no longer fun in BO4

You just can't do this sort of thing anymore. You'd get smacked the fuck up in seconds with the new AI if you tried this, even with being able to take 4 hits now. The days of these kinds of epic videos coming up all over the place where players manipulated the AI to make insane looking cutbacks and dodges and everything, are gone. The zombies AI was just so much more fun to work with back then.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

And the award of longest thread title goes to:... ?

I whole heartly agree. I think we can all universally agree, how Black Ops from a pure game mechanic perspective is the best zombies game. Ever since 2 the skill ceiling was so low that anyone could look good at the game. And it got worse from there with gums and elixirs.

2 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

I actually disagree. This was completely impossible in BO3, which was infuriating, but I’ve had some insane close calls in BO4. If you jiggle now, the zombies move, so I’ve even gotten out of certain death scenarios several times. 

It's definitely easier to avoid the one zombie in BO4, but the way you could duke out entire hoards and manipulate their movements was another level, it just made the game so much more fun. There's no way you could do this sort of thing now. The zombies hit you like mad in BO4, they predict your path a lot better rather than committing to your original path for a split second etc. Same reason a lot of the former guys who were mad on stuff like first room challenges like 5and5, heyimAlex, IlSteveIl etc. don't bother with them anymore, it's just not as fun, all those crazy cutbacks and everything just don't work anymore.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

It's definitely easier to avoid the one zombie in BO4, but the way you could duke out entire hoards and manipulate their movements was another level, it just made the game so much more fun. There's no way you could do this sort of thing now. The zombies hit you like mad in BO4, they predict your path a lot better rather than committing to your original path for a split second etc. Same reason a lot of the former guys who were mad on stuff like first room challenges like 5and5, heyimAlex, IlSteveIl etc. don't bother with them anymore, it's just not as fun, all those crazy cutbacks and everything just don't work anymore.

It’s so weird, I feel like I’m playing a different game from the rest of y’all. I train 30 runners on the right side of Classified’s Computer Room, not to mention the server room or even just the office area without breaking a sweat. In BO1 and WAW though, the zombies had insane reach sometimes, far more often than in BO4, I feel like. 

I’m genuinely confused as to why my experience has been so different - and don’t get me wrong, BO1 is the best Zombies of all time. WAW is ever beloved - it’s not like I’m a newcomer. 

I can’t remember how easy or hard BO2 was, but BO3 was the devil incarnate. For some reason, BO4 has been just all love for me. XD

On 8/21/2019 at 3:43 AM, NaBrZHunter said:

It’s so weird, I feel like I’m playing a different game from the rest of y’all. I train 30 runners on the right side of Classified’s Computer Room, not to mention the server room or even just the office area without breaking a sweat. In BO1 and WAW though, the zombies had insane reach sometimes, far more often than in BO4, I feel like. 

I’m genuinely confused as to why my experience has been so different - and don’t get me wrong, BO1 is the best Zombies of all time. WAW is ever beloved - it’s not like I’m a newcomer. 

I can’t remember how easy or hard BO2 was, but BO3 was the devil incarnate. For some reason, BO4 has been just all love for me. XD

This is weird lol, BO3 was just as easy as BO1 for trains! Another compilation here, notice how insane some of these BO3 clips are, again this kinda shit wouldn't even be possible on BO4:

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

This is weird lol, BO3 was just as easy as BO1 for trains! Another compilation here, notice how insane some of these BO3 clips are, again this kinda shit wouldn't even be possible on BO4:

Ah, yeah, there were some BO3 clutches for sure, but Countless times I got downed because I tried to shoot a gap between a train and a rock or something on ZNS for instance, and I’d have 3/4 a body’s width to  shoot, but those zombie models were hard as granite, and when they set their feet and windmilled, you couldn’t do a 180 twirl and make them adjust just enough to move and let you slip out, bloody but alive. This video actually showed a good example of that on Der Eisendrache. The only way out is to blast a hole. 

Also, perks: I can survive substantial rounds without perks now. Eventually, they become necessary, but for a long time they are optional. He def wouldn’t have had some of those clutch moments without the perks, which, obvious though that may be, we’re talking zombie spawn and pursuit mechanics. 

I’ll bet anything you’re more knowledgeable on the subject, but I’m really gonna have to get in 30+ game here and see if I can’t bust some moves. Probably just make a fool of myself, but I won’t share those clips.... ?

13 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Ah, yeah, there were some BO3 clutches for sure, but Countless times I got downed because I tried to shoot a gap between a train and a rock or something on ZNS for instance, and I’d have 3/4 a body’s width to  shoot, but those zombie models were hard as granite, and when they set their feet and windmilled, you couldn’t do a 180 twirl and make them adjust just enough to move and let you slip out, bloody but alive. This video actually showed a good example of that on Der Eisendrache. The only way out is to blast a hole. 

Also, perks: I can survive substantial rounds without perks now. Eventually, they become necessary, but for a long time they are optional. He def wouldn’t have had some of those clutch moments without the perks, which, obvious though that may be, we’re talking zombie spawn and pursuit mechanics. 

I’ll bet anything you’re more knowledgeable on the subject, but I’m really gonna have to get in 30+ game here and see if I can’t bust some moves. Probably just make a fool of myself, but I won’t share those clips.... ?

Yeah, being able to take that extra hit in BO4 100% helps when you have no perks. That said, a lot of those clips were first room challenges with no perks and he still survived, even with the 4 hits on BO4 you wouldn't survive a lot of those instances.

Oh it gets even more fucked up in the high rounds once you get supersprinters coming in. Rounds 50+ when they're all sprinters, forget it lol, you'll need a shield and a fairly large area to make trains runable.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't agree more with this post.  A large part of my lost interest was the way the game changed from what I'd class as skill based to remember a load of unnecessary shit to do and spend 30 minutes setting up a game based.

My favourite 3 things in the entirety of zombies were chaining in Die Rise (pre patch), NML and First Rooms with multiple teammates.

I sometimes watch my old videos back with my kids and it definitely gives me a ton of nostalgia but it's always bitter sweet because it's just not doable anymore.

Ironically, I did agree with a lot of the changes to the core mechanics.  People needed more.

I just wish they had an option to almost revert back to old school zombie mechanics.

Archived