Leylines: the Key to understand the Aether?

anonymous

• Moderators

@MattzsNeat finding! What exactly does he mean with omitting the communication with the dead? Also, he speaks of an electrical current (in this case called Vril) that is the one great fluid that pervades all nature. Is there a common etheric X-field?

About that body, mind, soul, energy thing, I have read the following:

The word etheric is often used as a substitute for the terms subtle body or aura. There are actually independent etheric fields around every vibrating unit of life, from a cell to a plant to a person, as well as a specific etheric field that is connected to the body. The term etheric is a derivative from the word ether, which has been considered a medium that permeates space, transmitting transverse waves of energy. When associated with the entirety of the auric field, it surrounds the whole body, hence why it’s a pivotal part of the human energy field. As a separate energy body, which is a more substantial and popular view, the etheric body links the physical body with other subtle bodies serving as a matrix for physical growth:

• Physical field: Lowest in frequency. Regulates the human body.
  • Etheric field: Blueprint for the physical structure that it surrounds. There is also an etheric human energy field for the soul.
  • Emotional field: Regulates the emotional state of the organism.
  • Mental field: Processes ideas, thoughts, and beliefs.
  • Astral field: A nexus between the physical and spiritual realms. Free of time and space.
  • Etheric template: Exists only on the spiritual plane and holds the highest ideals for existence.
  • Celestial field: Accesses universal energies and serves as a template for the etheric fields.
  • Causal field: Directs lower levels of existence.

Hunter once mentioned the possibility of Life Force being the glue sticking the soul to the body, the link between the two. "Departed souls leave energy in the wake" could hint that, as when the soul is gone, the energy remains and can be harvested. 

Soviet scientists from the Bioinformation Institute, headed by A. S. Popow, actually measured the human energy field, or more specifically, the biocurrents manifested in the surrounding energy body. They discovered that living organisms emanate vibrations at a frequency between 300 and 2,000 nanometers. They called this field the “biofield” and discovered that people with a strong and widespread biofield can transfer energy more successfully. This research was later confirmed by the Medical Science Academy in Moscow. (...) 

One of the more compelling sets of studies in this area was conducted by Dr. Valerie Hunt. In A Study of Structural Neuromuscular, Energy Field, and Emotional Approaches, she recorded the frequency of low-millivoltage signals emanating from the body during Rolfing sessions. She made these recordings using electrodes of silver and silver chloride on the skin. Scientists then analyzed the wave patterns recorded with a Fourier analysis and a sonogram frequency analysis. The human energy field did, indeed, consist of a number of different color bands, which correlated to the chakras. The following results, taken from the February 1988 study, showed color-frequency correlations in hertz or cycles per second:

• + Blue 250–275 Hz plus 1,200 Hz
  • + Green 250–475 Hz
  • + Yellow 500–700 Hz
  • + Orange 950–1050 Hz
  • + Red 1,000–1,200 Hz
  • + Violet 1,000–2,000, plus 300–400; 600–800 Hz
  • + White 1,100–2,000 Hz

I know eye colours is probably just a gameplay thing, but I wanted to share this nonetheless. It'd be cool if the different Demonic Announcers somehow reside in different ethereal layers or something. 

Anyway, anyone any idea what happens with a soul once it passed away. It leaves energy, yes, but why would all those burial grounds be located at Leyline locations? Where do they head to after passed away?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/29/2019 at 7:37 AM, anonymous said:

@MattzsNeat finding! What exactly does he mean with omitting the communication with the dead? Also, he speaks of an electrical current (in this case called Vril) that is the one great fluid that pervades all nature. Is there a common etheric X-field?

About that body, mind, soul, energy thing, I have read the following:

Hunter once mentioned the possibility of Life Force being the glue sticking the soul to the body, the link between the two. "Departed souls leave energy in the wake" could hint that, as when the soul is gone, the energy remains and can be harvested. 

I know eye colours is probably just a gameplay thing, but I wanted to share this nonetheless. It'd be cool if the different Demonic Announcers somehow reside in different ethereal layers or something. 

Anyway, anyone any idea what happens with a soul once it passed away. It leaves energy, yes, but why would all those burial grounds be located at Leyline locations? Where do they head to after passed away?

The overall quote is about him discussing his inspiration for the Vril-Ya people with his friend. He mentions trying to distance the Vril from the occult aspects of mesmerism. I just thought it was neat to point that mesmerism had some association with bring back the dead.  The only part that confuses me is him mentioning staves and rods. I get that they conduct electricity, but Mesmer ascribed an Occult meaning to them too, if I recall.  It seems odd to not try and distance it from that aspect.

The color frequency is really fascinating! The order works really well. Monty’s supposed colors appear to have the highest energy level of the announcers. And, it ties into the idea that purple/white might represent no announcer or the purest/strongest/oldest form of the Aether.

I’d like to think the souls go somewhere, but the exact line of where the supernatural beings and scifi ends is blurred. Before, I would have said places like Alcatraz, but the living can visit that too.

Maybe Alcatraz and Morg City are like a net that captures souls before they fully move on to the afterlife.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Mattzs said:

The color frequency is really fascinating! The order works really well. Monty’s supposed colors appear to have the highest energy level of the announcers. And, it ties into the idea that purple/white might represent no announcer or the purest/strongest/oldest form of the Aether.

@caljitsu once made a possible connection between the APD and Skull of Nan Sapwe concerning white eyes. Both the devices could generate a seperate local controller field, independant from the MPD's powers. Pretty much like how an EMP severs Richthofen's connection with a zombie, the APD locks the controller outside that area, and then intercept with instructions of the APD occupant. About Nan Sapwe, the skull can both 'freeze' the undead as well as smash their heads and kill them. So perhaps the skull does not merely create an EM like the EMP grenade, but creates a small controller field on its own, not just banning the MPD occupant out of that area but also gaining control itself, like the APD (thus the white eyes, unlike EMP's dark eyes). It could also explain the possibility to not only make them passive, but also kill them. This is what e.g. Samantha is also capable of, as you see her smashing all the zombies head's at the end of each BO1 and BO2 game. That about white eyes.

Concerning Mob and Shadows, I'm unsure if those places are really locations souls go to. In Mob, we know the prisoners souls were used to create the pocket universe trap, and they were possibly necassery for some kind of rite, as the mobsters had done bad things (think somehow, that is a must in a pocketrealm creation ritual). In Shadows, the Shadowman used similar rites, also with people who had done bad things, to break into D63. So I think in both cases, it is due to an Apothican trick that these souls are in those locations, rather than being a common afterlife for any decreased being. Perhaps, when someone dies, the energy is simply absorbed back in the ethereal system, possibly to return to matter in time again. Like recycling Life Force. The soul would just cease to exist.

17 hours ago, anonymous said:

@caljitsu once made a possible connection between the APD and Skull of Nan Sapwe concerning white eyes. Both the devices could generate a seperate local controller field, independant from the MPD's powers. Pretty much like how an EMP severs Richthofen's connection with a zombie, the APD locks the controller outside that area, and then intercept with instructions of the APD occupant. About Nan Sapwe, the skull can both 'freeze' the undead as well as smash their heads and kill them. So perhaps the skull does not merely create an EM like the EMP grenade, but creates a small controller field on its own, not just banning the MPD occupant out of that area but also gaining control itself, like the APD (thus the white eyes, unlike EMP's dark eyes). It could also explain the possibility to not only make them passive, but also kill them. This is what e.g. Samantha is also capable of, as you see her smashing all the zombies head's at the end of each BO1 and BO2 game. That about white eyes.

Concerning Mob and Shadows, I'm unsure if those places are really locations souls go to. In Mob, we know the prisoners souls were used to create the pocket universe trap, and they were possibly necassery for some kind of rite, as the mobsters had done bad things (think somehow, that is a must in a pocketrealm creation ritual). In Shadows, the Shadowman used similar rites, also with people who had done bad things, to break into D63. So I think in both cases, it is due to an Apothican trick that these souls are in those locations, rather than being a common afterlife for any decreased being. Perhaps, when someone dies, the energy is simply absorbed back in the ethereal system, possibly to return to matter in time again. Like recycling Life Force. The soul would just cease to exist.

I just rewatched gameplay of the Skull. Truth be told, I’ve been aware of it, but have never gotten it haha.

More importantly, one of the skull’s abilities is called Mesmerize. The word mesmerize comes directly from mesmerism. Mesmer employed a type of hypnotism as one of his techniques to help heal people. From my understanding, it was basically a placebo effect, but the association stuck.

You and @caljitsu are definitely right. It may function as a local emp. A quick Google search also shows that Nan Sapwe was the God of Thunder, so that fits perfectly. And, it ties into the idea that the Vril people were natural conductors of electricity. That theory is spot on! 

Maybe Nan Sapwe was an uncorrupted keeper, so that is why the field is “white”? Maybe the local fields like the APD (initially) are more pure?

For MotD and SoE, that is more or less what I meant. I see them as an unnatural barrier stopping souls from going to their rightful afterlife.

• Moderators

On the topic of souls, I thought I'd throw these comic ciphers from comic #4 out there:

The innocent must be protected

On the final day the soul-less ones will be erased

Only their sacrifice will restore order

Now these ciphers would be great fuel for another discussion about Monty's motivations, but the second cipher in particular also reiterates that after Primis collects the eternal souls, all other versions of them are now "soul-less" and will all be erased at the end of Revelations, apart from Primis who are sent to the Great War. So it is completely fair to call them soul-less, even if there is still energy within them keeping them alive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Since this thread has become some kind of discussion about the meaning of 'Souls', I thought I could post this here. In Tag, Ultimis Richthofen says the following (danke @KronoriumExcerptB):

"Without access to our fourth individual, I used part of mein own essence. Much to mein surprise, the rock grew und transformed creating a beautiful shard of glass made purely from elemental 115 und part from four human souls.

The most interesting thing about this is, of course, the Elemental Shard appearing to be artificially forged out of a rock of Element 115 (presumably the Tunguska meteorite) and human souls. That is matter to be talked about later. What I wanted to say now is that Richthofen uses the word 'essence' to describe his soul. Hinduism is a religion often included in the background of our story, and according to the Hindu doctrine, a distinction is made between one's Swadharma (essence) and Swabhava (mental habits and conditionings of ego personality). Again some kind of diversion between two things that together make a living consious being? Think about Life Force versus Souls

• Moderators

Just playing Shadows of Evil, upon having obtained all the Gateworms, the Shadowman says that the Gateworms' energy must be released (the PaP ritual). Now as the Gateworms materialize when sacrificing a soul bond to a object, it somehow seems that the soul is transferred into energy, no? The Gateworm is used as some kind of carrier of this energy, and with the final ritual this energy together is used to tear open this dimension for the Great Apothican Universe Devourer.

Either this or the Gateworms included energy all along. In that case, the energy of the souls are merely used to open a portal for the Gateworms to enter the Morg City realm. But my preference goes to the first explanation

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

It's been a while since I looked over this topic, but I was shocked playing Blood of the Dead today to find a direct mention of Leylines:

442c56d7 529c 42da 9f3f 8e68328f3938

This was in Richtofen's lab, and I believe is how he created his own teleporter, which we see he tested on a walnut in Alcatraz.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

It's been a while since I looked over this topic, but I was shocked playing Blood of the Dead today to find a direct mention of Leylines:

442c56d7 529c 42da 9f3f 8e68328f3938

This was in Richtofen's lab, and I believe is how he created his own teleporter, which we see he tested on a walnut in Alcatraz.

Thank you for the picture, this was actually the sole reason I thought about the Leylines' existence in the story. It is also our only evidence that Alcatraz is built on a Leyline location, and therefore possibly the lighthouse of Tunguska as well.

What this chalkboard actually means, I am uncertain of. "Leylines intersect.....redirect? Converges on central "hub"....wherever that is. Conduit interchange A-F. Accelerate the reaction. How much = too much? Power source??"

I initially thought the weird antennae-like things were those of the Dark Mechanism, but indeed, the Matter Transference Device also has these antenna, and it would make more sense! Remember, Richthofen didn't knew about the Aether until he discovered the MPD, quite some time after his experiments with the MTD. At the time he invented the initial working teleporter with which he transferred a walnut, he didn't knew about the Aether. The Aether could be the "central hub" he talks about here, and why he says "wherever that is". He hasn't discovered it yet. He doesn't know that the MTD returns matter through Aether. I could also see how a hub, a central hub, has something to do with a central dimension, the point within electromagnetic earth all the leylines/electromagnetic nexuses lead to. The world within the world, like Monty said. Hollow Earth, in a way.

Don't get that phase "Leylines intersect....redirect" part though. Are there multiple leylines at the site? What has it to do with teleporters? And how does redirecting these nexuses of energy affect anything? Thanks for the input again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

@Mattzs I have given my thoughts about what exactly the Aetherial Realm is once again:

The MTD (Matter Transference Device, Teleporter, DG-1, whatever) uses the principle that matter can be transferred into energy, and reversed, a principle often returning in our endeavours through the story. When Richtofen and his crew step into the teleport mechanism and activate it, the mass of their matter is totally converted into energy, and built up somewhere else again. When mathematically writing this down, you would get a parabola.

parabola-for-math.gif

There is a moment you reach absolute zero: They are no mass, just energy. The Der Riese wallwriting said Return Through Aether. Considering that the absolute zero point, the moment you ‘are’ fully enery, is the Aether, does that mean the Aether is the realm of energy? I would not say this is Life Force, because I believe upon killing zombies around the Moon Pyramid Device, collecting their Life Force, their bodies, their matter, remain intact. Life Force and Souls certainly have something to do with it all, though.

The Aether would be the realm of one fully being energy, tied to electromagnetism. This could be why so many graves and burial mounds are built on Leylines. The visualisation of this would be Afterlife, or Pernell’s attempt to ascend. MotD's Afterlife makes you able to influence electricity, Avogadro has electric powers, and then we’ve got Maxis. Maxis merging with electricity. The MTD is needed for humans to temporary reach the Aetherial plane, used as a slingshot dimension to reach another location within our Earthly plane. The Keepers, as said in a cipher, could do this without the aid of a teleporter device. Maxis seemed to have learned the ability to merge with electricity in the Crazy Place, is this because of the Keepers’ influence there? 

On 12/27/2019 at 11:42 AM, anonymous said:

@Mattzs I have given my thoughts about what exactly the Aetherial Realm is once again:

The MTD (Matter Transference Device, Teleporter, DG-1, whatever) uses the principle that matter can be transferred into energy, and reversed, a principle often returning in our endeavours through the story. When Richtofen and his crew step into the teleport mechanism and activate it, the mass of their matter is totally converted into energy, and built up somewhere else again. When mathematically writing this down, you would get a parabola.

parabola-for-math.gif

There is a moment you reach absolute zero: They are no mass, just energy. The Der Riese wallwriting said Return Through Aether. Considering that the absolute zero point, the moment you ‘are’ fully enery, is the Aether, does that mean the Aether is the realm of energy? I would not say this is Life Force, because I believe upon killing zombies around the Moon Pyramid Device, collecting their Life Force, their bodies, their matter, remain intact. Life Force and Souls certainly have something to do with it all, though.

The Aether would be the realm of one fully being energy, tied to electromagnetism. This could be why so many graves and burial mounds are built on Leylines. The visualisation of this would be Afterlife, or Pernell’s attempt to ascend. MotD's Afterlife makes you able to influence electricity, Avogadro has electric powers, and then we’ve got Maxis. Maxis merging with electricity. The MTD is needed for humans to temporary reach the Aetherial plane, used as a slingshot dimension to reach another location within our Earthly plane. The Keepers, as said in a cipher, could do this without the aid of a teleporter device. Maxis seemed to have learned the ability to merge with electricity in the Crazy Place, is this because of the Keepers’ influence there? 

Fascinating! This reminds me of our conversation on the Bloody Teleporters thread. 

"

I think there is a lot of evidence supporting it.

If I am understanding this correctly:

All of the portals that we travel through are fixed/ naturally occurring spots in the universe.

Any attempt to manipulate the direction of the teleporters results in disaster for humans.

Absolute Zero doesn’t exist in reality because that would mean no matter.

Thus, the point of absolute zero exists outside of reality (space/time)

This place of nothingness could be where Heaven/Afterlife/Hell are

If one were to travel to this place, they wouldn’t exist in the material sense

The only thing left would be something that transcends time and space

Something Like a soul?

This would explain the widespread use of souls as a power source in zombies. It is the only thing stable enough to survive matter transference

Anyway, that is my two cents. Thanks for the fascinating read"

What are your thoughts? Do you think some of this still holds truth?

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Mattzs said:

The only thing left would be something that transcends time and space

Something Like a soul?

This would explain the widespread use of souls as a power source in zombies. It is the only thing stable enough to survive matter transference

Thats a great idea! We know from a radio that the MPD is, as Richtofen said, a "gateway to another dimension", a physical entrance. When Group 935 fully prepared the pyramid, Samantha could simply walk in, her body would cryogentically freeze and her soul could enter the realm of the (Dark) Aether. Richtofen would later merely need to open up the pyramid and use the Vril Vessel and Focussing Stone to swap his soul with Sam's, leaving Samantha's body as a physicall vessel within the pyramid. Only thing that buggers me is Maxis' statement, at the end of Richtofen's Quest in Buried, that Richtofen's actions will eternally condemn Samantha's soul... Is there still something of the girl left in the MPD?

But yeah, souls being used in rites such as charging the MPD, the chests in Buried and 'cleaning' the skulls in Zetsubou could very well be explained by souls being the only thing able to travel outside our box of space-time. Its not for nothing that scientists refer to souls as Life Force, usable for energy.

However, I still believe there is a difference between Life Force/souls we use in this matter and souls talked about in BO3/BO4. Nikolai is the only one having a soul, but I believe alk the others still hold Life Force. Difficult mtter, for sure.

Happy yearswap, everybody!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2019 at 5:36 AM, anonymous said:

Thats a great idea! We know from a radio that the MPD is, as Richtofen said, a "gateway to another dimension", a physical entrance. When Group 935 fully prepared the pyramid, Samantha could simply walk in, her body would cryogentically freeze and her soul could enter the realm of the (Dark) Aether. Richtofen would later merely need to open up the pyramid and use the Vril Vessel and Focussing Stone to swap his soul with Sam's, leaving Samantha's body as a physicall vessel within the pyramid. Only thing that buggers me is Maxis' statement, at the end of Richtofen's Quest in Buried, that Richtofen's actions will eternally condemn Samantha's soul... Is there still something of the girl left in the MPD?

But yeah, souls being used in rites such as charging the MPD, the chests in Buried and 'cleaning' the skulls in Zetsubou could very well be explained by souls being the only thing able to travel outside our box of space-time. Its not for nothing that scientists refer to souls as Life Force, usable for energy.

However, I still believe there is a difference between Life Force/souls we use in this matter and souls talked about in BO3/BO4. Nikolai is the only one having a soul, but I believe alk the others still hold Life Force. Difficult mtter, for sure.

Happy yearswap, everybody!

Happy Belated Year Swap!

Yeah, there is some type of distinction between a soul and life force.

Maybe life force is what powers the soul and the actual soul is the consciousness/personality of the individual.  The soul is essentially a spectral battery or rechargeable device (e.g. computer).

It could account for how some souls become corrupted.  A soul filled with negative life energy (Dark Aether?) attempts to twist the will of the user.

Also, maybe that is why having a soul is so important as it can resist corruption from negative life force?

• Moderators
On 1/12/2020 at 11:50 PM, Mattzs said:

Also, maybe that is why having a soul is so important as it can resist corruption from negative life force?

Honestly, that would explain why Monty said that it wasnt really Maxis' fault to release the Shadowman, as he had no soul. Maybe the Shadowman's soul went into Maxis, turning into the Shadowman (as he is a shapeshifter)

16 hours ago, anonymous said:

Honestly, that would explain why Monty said that it wasnt really Maxis' fault to release the Shadowman, as he had no soul. Maybe the Shadowman's soul went into Maxis, turning into the Shadowman (as he is a shapeshifter)

Hmm could be. When the Shadowman was captured In Shadows, is his body left behind?

I know there was the theory that he possessed maxis.  I wonder if he physically changed Maxis or if it was some type of illusion.

Archived