Easter Egg Song Bracket Round 2.0!

RadZakpak

• Moderators

Hello again, (lovely) dummkopfs, last week I started round 1 of the Easter Egg Song Bracket, and the results are in: 

This week, instead of doing all 16 match-ups in one round, I will split round 2 into 2 parts, 2.0 and 2.5. That way you don't have to write a whole novel to vote this week...

Here is the current bracket:

phnkcw6f.svg

Here's a recap of the rules: Below I will list the competitors in this round using numbers. You will make your own list of numbers, with your choice next to the corresponding number and optionally an explanation why. So for example if the match-up is:

1. Richtofen vs Dempsey

You would reply:

1. Richtofen - He likes spleens, I like spleens, what's not to love?

After 1 week I will tally up the votes and write up a post for the next round.

Let's get into round 2 with our 8 matchups!

1. Samantha's Lullaby (All Versions) vs The One

2. Coming Home vs Beauty of Annihilation (The GIant Remix)

3. Where Are We Going? (Blood of the Dead Remix) vs Mad Hatter

4. Cold Hard Cash vs I Am The Well

5. Lullaby for a Deadman vs Nightmare

6. Rusty Cage vs Undone

7. We All Fall Down vs Remember Forever

8. Not Ready To Die vs Pareidolia

GO!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

1. The One - The One is IMO the best song in World at War and an all-time classic. It feels like a no-brainer, but Samantha's Lullaby is so important to Zombies History... I give special shoutout to the Magic Mix version from Zetsubou as well as the version from Gorod Krovi.

2. Beauty of Annihilation (The Giant Remix) - I remember people disliking this song at launch, and maybe people have forgotten it, but I really do like this remix and think it is just as good as the original. Coming Home is honestly also quite underappreciated due to the focus on screaming in Elena's performance, which made sense given Samantha's state on the Moon.

3. Where Are We Going? (Blood of the Dead) - This might be the hardest choice of them all! If BO4 did one thing right, it is the music. After launch I listened to Where Are We Going and Mad Hatter non-stop, and still listen today. Both trailers they are used in are so, so good. It's honestly not fair one has to be eliminated so early. Where Are We Going edges ahead because of its association with Aether and its emotional usage in the voyage of Primis. It so perfectly encapsulates the despair of being trapped in an endless cycle.

4. I Am The Well - Oh man, I feel really bad about this one, because I think Cold Hard Cash is incredibly underappreciated from Shadows of Evil compared to Snakeskin Boots, but I love it. Clark's newest song, though, has really grown on me.

5. Lullaby for a Deadman - You know, I was going to vote for Nightmare, but I realized it would be sacrilegious to eliminate the first easter egg song ever, and the source of the first game over song in Nacht. Lullaby is often overshadowed by The One and Beauty, but it is a perfect song for the map and set the bar for songs to come.

6. Rusty Cage - It's tough. I love the guitar in Undone, and think it is a perfect backing for Nacht. Props to Kevin Sherwood for that. But I have a soft-spot for Johnny Cash.

7. Remember Forever - A beautiful, beautiful track. Not much else to say..

8. Not Ready To Die - Avenged Sevenfold made this FOR Zombies. It ties directly into Richtofen's journey, and is badass to play to in Call of the Dead. Pareidolia is too often dismissed, though, as it has some of Elena's best vocals and some of the most beautiful piano-work I've ever heard.

• Moderators

Haha... Rad, I just re read your first post from the first round and noticed you called us your fellas, so I wanted to thank you for calling us something nice this time around, but then you come in with Dummkopf. ?❤️

1. The One - I never could get along with Samanthas Lullaby no matter what version.

2. Coming Home - You know just a couple weeks ago, I also would have picked the BOA remix, but after listening to the soundtrack we got with Rezurection very much these past weeks, I gotta say, coming home really grew on me, I hated it at first, but now I really like it. ?

3. Where are We going - I know this is blasphemy for most of you, especially meh, but I really don't get A7X. It's not that I don't like the genres they work into their music, I listen to almost everything, but A7X really just isn't my cup of tea.

4. I am the well - Just listend to this thanks to this thread and I actually quite like it, despite Clark's voice. haha

5. Lullaby for a Deadman - No contest there and also bonus points for the way we activate it.

6. Rusty Cage - Same as you, Rad. Same as you...

7. Remember forever - I dislike we all fall down very much. ?

8. Pareidolia - For the longest time, this one was my favorite song from Sherwood and Elena, but that has changed since 2 weeks ago. It is however still my 2nd favorite. ?

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Lenne said:

Haha... Rad, I just re read your first post from the first round and noticed you called us your fellas, so I wanted to thank you for calling us something nice this time around, but then you come in with Dummkopf. ?❤️

You are all my lovely, lovely, dummkopfs...

You make my job difficult every time.

1. Samantha’s Lullaby. It’s practically the lowkey Zombies theme now, a big leitmotif. And I adore it.

2. Coming Home. The Beauty of Annihilation remix fucking sucks! That, and... wow, lyrically prevalent much?

3. I’m almost offended you’d pit me against these... hard choice. I’m gonna say Mad Hatter (although I would pick both in a heartbeat if I could).

4. I Am The Well.

5. Nightmare. Again, a choice that isn’t hard to make.

6. Undone. Beautiful.

7. We All Fall Down. Y’know, the OG good Clark song.

8. FUCK... uh. I hate to go against A7X, but... Pareidolia is the best song in Zombies. Ever. So...

To make long stories short, you’ve made my life difficult.

1. The One

2. Coming Home

3. Where Are We Going? (Blood of the Dead Remix) vs Mad Hatter

4. I Am The Well

5. Lullaby for a Deadman

6. Undone

7. Remember Forever should Fall Down.

8. Not Ready To A7X, I prefer Pareidolia.

On 7/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, anonymous said:

@Schrödinger You cannot make a normal, serious comment, can you?❤️

And you didn't see my comments in this same kind of game, but on French forums.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Schrödinger said:

We may not have the same reason behind this difficulty. Am I obliged to choose ? ?

Nope, you’re not obligated! Just wondered if you meant to underline one but the link covered it. Some choices simply cannot be made in good faith.

• Moderators

Ding! Results are in:

1. Samantha's Lullaby (All Versions) (1) vs The One (4): The Shi No Numa classic edges ahead!

2. Coming Home (4) vs Beauty of Annihilation (The Giant Remix)(1): Though controversial in its time, Coming Home proved its might against the even more controversial remix of a classic!

3. Where Are We Going? (Blood of the Dead Remix) (2) vs Mad Hatter (2): Coming in as a tie, I flipped a (digital) coin, and Where Are We Going advances to Round 3!

4. Cold Hard Cash (1) vs I Am The Well (4): In an admittedly unfair match-up, the new Clark Nova track beats the oft-forgotten Shadows of Evil piece.

5. Lullaby for a Deadman (4) vs Nightmare (1): As Elena Siegman's first foray into Zombies musical backing, it's no surprise it will advance.

6. Rusty Cage (3) vs Undone (2): Two unconventional tracks face off, and Johnny Cash proves himself to be the victor, just barely.

7. We All Fall Down (3) vs Remember Forever (2): I guess We All Fall Down didn't fall after all, but Remember Forever, I've gotta sever by pulling that lever.

8. Not Ready To Die (1) vs Pareidolia (4): Is it just pareidolia, or do I see Pareidolia taking the win?

I will be posting the next part of the round shortly!

Archived