The Order of Forgotten Mysteries #7: Zombie Eyes

• Moderators

Great theory and yes, the dates Nov 6th (GK) and Nov 5th (DE) are too close to each other to be coincidental and unintended. I think the devs really meant it this way. It would simultaneously confirm the well-substantiated hypothesis that fractures are not merely based on the original timeline with some random changes here and there, but rather that the fractures are dependant on and influenced by each other. Agonia would in this sense be a fracture of Proditione, which is a fracture of Deceptio, hence the destruction of the MPD on the 5th of November in Deceptio also being an event in the other fractures (although only visible in GK since ZnS takes place prior).

I only don't understand the yellow eyes in Shadows of Evil, since I consider that map as taking place in a pocket as well. Any thoughts on that?

What's also interesting to note is the absence of yellow eyes at the Crazy Place zombies in Origins, rather being bright purple-ish. If red indicates default Apothicon/Ancient Evil/Elder Gods influence, would purple-ish be Keeperese/Agarthan influence? Question is, then, why do they fight us in Origins

• Brains 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Great theory and yes, the dates Nov 6th (GK) and Nov 5th (DE) are too close to each other to be coincidental and unintended. I think the devs really meant it this way. It would simultaneously confirm the well-substantiated hypothesis that fractures are not merely based on the original timeline with some random changes here and there, but rather that the fractures are dependant on and influenced by each other. Agonia would in this sense be a fracture of Proditione, which is a fracture of Deceptio, hence the destruction of the MPD on the 5th of November in Deceptio also being an event in the other fractures (although only visible in GK since ZnS takes place prior).

I only don't understand the yellow eyes in Shadows of Evil, since I consider that map as taking place in a pocket as well. Any thoughts on that?

What's also interesting to note is the absence of yellow eyes at the Crazy Place zombies in Origins, rather being bright purple-ish. If red indicates default Apothicon/Ancient Evil/Elder Gods influence, would purple-ish be Keeperese/Agarthan influence? Question is, then, why do they fight us in Origins

For Shadows, I've gone between thinking it is a pocket and not a pocket, but I think I lean towards it not being a pocket dimension.

The Mob and Tag ones were both formed around the deaths of the Mobsters and Pablo respectively, with neither able to die or escape. The Shadows characters don't seem to die but are drugged and transformed into beasts to serve the Shadowman. I think what is different about Morg City is that it is fully corrupted by the Apothicons coming from the rift stone. Our goal intially in the map is freeing the Apothicons who then proceed to corrupt and destroy Dimension 63. I don't see how they could do that if we only free them in a pocket dimension.

As for the Crazy Place zombies, perhaps it is that Agarthan/Keeper influence, and they are simply "programmed" to defend the gateway from any intruders.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

For Shadows, I've gone between thinking it is a pocket and not a pocket, but I think I lean towards it not being a pocket dimension.

The "sacrificial ritual" heard under the city pre-Shadows makes more sense if they are actually killed.

There are some Shadowman quotes and radios that could explain the yellow eyes fairly simply. 
The Shadows "pocket" encompassed the entire world, and the moon, some Shadowman quotes imply this.
And they give an explaination why in the radios.

This Shadowman quote references the whole world.

Your world, as it was, is still here. It's shifted slightly, wrenched from its rightful place.

And after we complete the rituals, this "pocket" expands to the entire dimension

Our complete assimilation of this dimension will now proceed.

The reason the "pocket" in this case is so large is because the Apothicons have already seeded potentially the entire world (and the moon) with Apothicon life.
(No to mention the ritual was supposedly carried out by a coven of professionals, instead of just some lone, amature "third rate occultist")
They did this with a meteor shower which significantly expanded the range of their influence.
Something which is a major differentiator between Shadows and Mob.
So the Moon has already been assimilated into this pocket dimension. Hence the yellow eyes.

Just last week there was a meteor shower, a freakin' meteor shower! And everybody acted like it was no big thing. Then, the mold showed up, all over the city. In the dark, damp alleys, there's a strange kind of fungus growing.

The fact that the Apothicons already have limitied physical access to dimension 63 in order to seed biological matter as opposed to just inorganic 115 is likely due to dimensional instability caused by events in the Alcatraz pocket. Which was created in Dimension 63 many years previously.

• Brains 1
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, Rapt said:

The "sacrificial ritual" heard under the city pre-Shadows makes more sense if they are actually killed.

There are some Shadowman quotes and radios that could explain the yellow eyes fairly simply. 
The Shadows "pocket" encompassed the entire world, and the moon, some Shadowman quotes imply this.
And they give an explaination why in the radios.

This Shadowman quote references the whole world.

And after we complete the rituals, this "pocket" expands to the entire dimension

The reason the "pocket" in this case is so large is because the Apothicons have already seeded potentially the entire world (and the moon) with Apothicon life.
(No to mention the ritual was supposedly carried out by a coven of professionals, instead of just some lone, amature "third rate occultist")
They did this with a meteor shower which significantly expanded the range of their influence.
Something which is a major differentiator between Shadows and Mob.
So the Moon has already been assimilated into this pocket dimension. Hence the yellow eyes.

The fact that the Apothicons already have limitied physical access to dimension 63 in order to seed biological matter as opposed to just inorganic 115 is likely due to dimensional instability caused by events in the Alcatraz pocket. Which was created in Dimension 63 many years previously.

Good thoughts! Thinking about it, do we see a Moon in Shadows and/or Alcatraz? 

And if the Moon is also part of the Shadows "pocket", I wonder what happened with Sam. 

The meteor shower is incredibly interresant and I always forget about it. How could it bring the mold with it? I'm thinking about an idea and will post it later, currently at work

• Moderators

Also @RadZakpakthe 'programmed' Zombies in the Crazy Place would totally make sense to me as well. Zombification seems to be more of an Apothicon craft, so I could see that the Keepers couldn't fully master this art and simply put them there as mindless guards, with influence of their own "light" Aethereal spectrum

52 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Good thoughts! Thinking about it, do we see a Moon in Shadows and/or Alcatraz? 

And if the Moon is also part of the Shadows "pocket", I wonder what happened with Sam. 

The meteor shower is incredibly interresant and I always forget about it. How could it bring the mold with it? I'm thinking about an idea and will post it later, currently at work

The meteor shower bringing deadly biological matter to Earth is an idea borrowed from the H.P. Lovecraft short story The Colour Out Of Space.
Which is as far as most people usually look into it, seeing how well it fits thematically with Shadows.
It's easy just to look at it as a reference.
But as you say it's worth thinking about a little more.
In a way it's a parallel to the way we see 115 being seeded through the dimensions in Revelations.

I'm still a little unsure about the Margwa's being yellow though.
Blundell confirmed they are directly controlled by the Overlords. 
Which would sort of imply that (at least one of) the Overlords have default power over the "empty" MPD.

And the "elemental" Margwa's in Revelations show us the "colours" of some of the other Overlords.
Purple Void Margwa = (Shadowman)?
Red Fire Margwa = (Monty)?
Yellow Default Marga = Unknown Overlord?

Assuming the Margwa mouths follow the same rules as zombie eyes.

And this sort of implies the Overlords are the "gods" featured in Der Eisendrache (bows) and potentially Origins (staffs).
Which ties in to the discussion about the changes in the fundamental elements between Origins and Der Eisendrache.
And how this potentially is representative of the shifting balance of power between some of the unseen entities in Aether.

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Also @RadZakpakthe 'programmed' Zombies in the Crazy Place would totally make sense to me as well. Zombification seems to be more of an Apothicon craft, so I could see that the Keepers couldn't fully master this art and simply put them there as mindless guards, with influence of their own "light" Aethereal spectrum

Really makes you question what power it was that merged Maxis with electricity in the Crazy Place.
Because it's surely that same power both Maxis and Pernell (Avagadro) harness which is controling the Templar zombies.