What’s the purpose of Marlton being present at Nuketown

Spider3000

I haven’t made a thread here in a while, so apologies if this isn’t in the right section. I wanted to discuss an idea that I haven’t really seen much discussion of since Alpha Omega launched, which is the presence of Marlton in the map. Now again, this could all be hashed out and deemed not an issue already, and I might just be an idiot. But in Alpha Omega, we’re told by Marlton his explicit purpose for being at the site.

My reason for being here should come as no surprise. The A.D.A.M. Initiative?? Project Toy Soldier?? I am aware of the advanced robotics programs happening at this facility. I had to come see for myself if the rumours were true. This is a secret the Government shall not keep from us!! I don’t care if it’s been sixty years!!” 

Okay, this is all well and good then. Marlton is there essentially to try and blow the whistle on the secret happenings taking place at the Nuketown site. However in Nuketown Zombies, (which if I’m not mistaken is slightly before Alpha Omega) the only thing we know of Marlton’s reason for being in the bunker is that he’s been in some way banished by his group.

What an interminable waste. Just because one is different is not a valid excuse to simply banish him.” 

“They ask me to leave? I was the one reporting this disgusting behavior! Makes no sense...”

So what’s the deal here? Am I missing some info, or this is just another example of a Treyarch discrepancy? 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Here is my take, I believe that it was his quest for knowledge and general curiosity that drove him there. So as funny as it may sound it seems Marlton found his way to Camp Edward due to some theories and discussion on internet forums.  The quotes about him being banished could be related to the companies he works for or something as trivial as a subforum lol. 

I pasted all of the quotes with story from the map in the spoiler tab. 

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Boom115 said:

Here is my take, I believe that it was his quest for knowledge and general curiosity that drove him there. So as funny as it may sound it seems Marlton found his way to Camp Edward due to some theories and discussion on internet forums.  The quotes about him being banished could be related to the companies he works for or something as trivial as a subforum lol. 

I pasted all of the quotes with story from the map in the spoiler tab. 

Hide contents

May or may not be relevant, but in the files for each character of Victis, Marlton's codename was engineer. Stuh's was reporter (which is never referenced in any way), Russman's was oldman and Misty's was farmgirl. I used to assume that he was an engineer working with or contracted with Broken Arrow on the drilling project at Nuketown that caused the explosion from Nuketown Zombies, but now we know he's just trying to get Reddit karma by proving the existence of robots... which I find somehow better. But yeah, anyway, maybe his engineering company was working with Broken Arrow on the drill, and Marlton began reporting things about the company and was pushed out. Angry at that fact, he decided to investigate for himself.

2 hours ago, Boom115 said:

The quotes about him being banished could be related to the companies he works for or something as trivial as a subforum lol. 

Ha, I could actually nearly buy this considering the type of person Marlton is.

18 minutes ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Alternate timeline where the events from Nuketown Zombies haven't actually taken place, I'd imagine. I mean, Nuketown Zombies happened as Black Ops 1 Moon was happening, and of course the latter hasn't happened at all in the current timeline.

Yeah, this does seem likely. Especially considering the Zombies eyes are white for some reason (which is odd in itself) as opposed to the classic yellow we see on regular NTZ. Regardless, if this is true then I have to say I’m kind of getting sick of so many maps being in alternate timelines to each other. I assume on Treyarch’s part though that the how and why of the Avogadro being sent to Hanford  was genuinely meant to be how he came to be at TranZit. 

• Moderators

A bit unrelated, but coming back on a Marlton quote Boom mentioned:

"We're in the middle of a desert, yet this facility still has power. The grass is green and the buildings are well maintained. Who do you think is taking care of this place? There hasn't been a human here in decades. The robots....the ones that stand so perfectly still, they are the caretakers. And now I fear we've angered them." 

On our CoDZ Forums Discord, someone noticed the heads, the faces of the mannequins slowly move. Barely to not visible, but they change. This is so fucking creepy. And Marlton's explanation makes it even scarier. It appears Nuketown hasn't seen any human face for a long time untill Ultimis and Primis got there. And now they are watching. Best 'jumpscare' ever in my opinion. Improves the atmosphere.

Archived