I'm disappointed by this map so far

ZombiesAteMyPizza!

I just don't like it.

The layout sucks. Slow spawns everywhere due to how the doors are situated which is boring. When it was said to be 400% larger than Nuketown, I expected a bit more than a few extra houses and a remapped bunker like we've already seen.

The atmosphere also is just... meh. It could have been made a lot creepier. The bright sunlight, bright houses etc, and the underground bunker is good aesthetically but again the layout just makes the spawns slow so I don't spend much time down there.

The Ray gun upgrades kinda suck too and are essentially useless for high rounds, which is something I always judge a weapon on.

It's just disappointing considering that the last two maps really hit the mark, great aesthetic and feel, great wonderweapons etc. When I heard we were getting Nuketown remade, with the last two maps I just assumed Treyarch would do an amazing job. However, it appears, for me personally, the hit & miss nature of BO4 is very much continued. Reached round 76 before experiencing a power outage just now and I just don't know if I'm ever going to attempt it again, tbh I was quite relieved that the game ended prematurely cause I was just looking at the clock dreading the next few hours ?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Story over function has been the primary theme pretty much since Origins. Without having the inside tracking into Treyarch's organization, I get the impression that Craig Houston is pretty much at the helm. As a story guy, I'm fine with it. However its a bummer that they can't seem favor both. 

1 hour ago, NaBrZHunter said:

I'd say give it a little while. We need at least one patch.

I wish they would make crawlers easier...

A patch or even 100 patches isn't going to change much for me tbh. The map itself is my issue. The way it's laid out and the aesthetic are just horrible. That said, I did notice this game that zombies don't seem to spawn in the bunker when you're hanging in the areas outside the entrances, so the saving grace for this map might be that there are some fast spawn strategies to be had around these areas if specific doors are kept closed. I'll be having another go if it works how I think it's gonna work, I'll test-run it this time though lol.

• Administrators
On 7/11/2019 at 4:04 PM, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

A patch or even 100 patches isn't going to change much for me tbh. The map itself is my issue. The way it's laid out and the aesthetic are just horrible. That said, I did notice this game that zombies don't seem to spawn in the bunker when you're hanging in the areas outside the entrances, so the saving grace for this map might be that there are some fast spawn strategies to be had around these areas if specific doors are kept closed. I'll be having another go if it works how I think it's gonna work, I'll test-run it this time though lol.

It’s been a couple days of grinding and I can officially say...I completely disagree with you now. ? 

Saying this all in good fun. The genuine experience of exploring it dark and learning it all in a vaccuum is making me more and more fond of it. 

Of course, I’m not a high-round player. I play for feel and story, so I can’t very well judge high round quality. But in those two areas, it’s really been enjoyable. 

• Moderators

Remember Pizza, Nuketown was piss small anyway so making it 4 x larger isn't really gonna do much. Bunch of Goofballs at Treyarch to be honest on every gameplay perspective, if you ask me.

What happend to making maps that offered a variety of strategies? Both for camping and running around? That was the fun of it, but this whole shooting a Launcher at the ground business get's old, but when I want to get to half the round you usually get, just by playing my way, I have to plan in the same amount of time.

I mean I still had some fun playing this map, but it is nothing like going back and playing the Black Ops 1 maps.

I am sad and mad.

Yeah, as soon as I finished the Egg I thought to myself “Well I don’t really have any reason to play this map now”. Story wise it’s pretty cool, but in terms of gameplay it’s definitely lacking. It’ll go under the “meh” category of maps for me just like the rest of Black Ops 4 has so far.

• Administrators

:Sigh: I guess we'll see how I feel after I've finished my hunt. What's so hard about training on this map? Nuketown's a great area (in fact, it could be considered 2 great areas) the generator room is great, and has 4 escape routes, and the starting area is pretty good. The litmus test for a really playable map for me is one with 4 usable training areas. Not seeing what AO is missing in this department? If you want to camp, there are definitely a couple places you could try, but camping is more dependent on offensive and defensive resources and not so much map layout, right?

How many hours did each of you put in? Could it be that you just didn't give it much of a chance? 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Lenne said:

Who said training was hard? It just is not viable in these BO IV maps if you ask me. I am just bitter right now, okay, Hunterooo? Let me be effin bitter for a second as well. xP

5 hourish.

I misunderstood your response - I admit, I’m not the most imaginative zombies player. XD gimme guns and lemme run. And I never pick up launchers, though I guess they’re good this time around. 

In the meantime, I’ll leave you to your sulking. You deserve to be able to sulk for once, you perpetual ball of sunshine. XD

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the huge maps, so it's not the size that bothers me. I dunno, I just expected a bit more than the addition of the bunker which is mostly just the Blackout bunker reworked. I mean, again don't get me wrong, I love remastered content, there's nothing better than seeing my old favourites bought into the current era with new features and all; but this is part of the main DLC so I expected some totally new content. I thought there would be the main areas, a bit of bunker that we'd already seen and then probably a totally new expanded area that we've never seen.

With this said, I think it might be growing on me just a tad. Unfortunately I've not had the time this week to check it out much, always seems to be the way when these maps first release lol, but I've done some more exploring and did find some other options which might make the gameplay more fun as I hinted at in the video description of my bit of footage I put out of my 76 run, and then Sulky put out a couple of strategies that I basically already spoke about in that video which confirmed they'd work without me having to test them, which is cool. So I'll definitely be having another go at it, though I can tell already, it's gonna be low on the list of my favourite BO4 maps once this season is wrapped up.

Suppose with the last two maps really hitting the mark, in hindsight it's been a while since Treyarch have made an entire season of maps that have all been great in the eyes of everybody, hell even BO1 had its maps that were hated by many. I suppose I'm just disappointed that one of the main DLC maps is recycled content and just lacks soul and atmosphere and I feel like it was a lazy effort on Treyarch's part. That said, I loved Rev which you could say was a very lazy effort on Treyarch's part lol, but it had atmosphere and the playability factor was off the charts.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it last Tuesday when it finally dropped for Xbox, haven’t touched it since so that says it all for me, tbh BO4 Zombies has been a massive let down for me personally, I’m hoping the next DLC changes it as I don’t want to give up on Zombies altogether.

14 hours ago, Spider said:

I tried it last Tuesday when it finally dropped for Xbox, haven’t touched it since so that says it all for me, tbh BO4 Zombies has been a massive let down for me personally, I’m hoping the next DLC changes it as I don’t want to give up on Zombies altogether.

I really, really liked the last two DLCs despite BO4 getting off to the rocky start for me. This map for me though is just... people who have been subscribed to my YouTube for a while have probably noticed the lack of uploads, cause I've messed around with the map quite a bit figuring strategies and stuff and I just don't have any desire to attempt another high round on it.

Archived