The Order of Forgotten Mysteries #6: Icarus

RadZakpak

• Moderators

Hello, and welcome back to the Order of Forgotten Mysteries. Our pal @anonymous is on vacation, so today I will be your guide through the next forgotten mystery!

While Alpha Omega is blowing all of our minds with so many new revelations about old parts of the story... there are some loose threads still unaccounted for as the Aether Story meets its conclusion. One such thread we will be discussing today Icarus, Albert Arlington's plane from Mob of the Dead. More specifically, we are going to be discussing its mysterious appearances throughout Black Ops 3.

The Appearances

Mob of the Dead

Icarus was makeshift plane devised by none other than Alcatraz's local con artist AND comic book artist, Albert "The Weasel" Arlington. Sometime during their stay on Alcatraz Island, Sal Deluca, Finn O'Leary, and Billy Handsome attempted to follow Albert on a quest to escape The Rock. Unfortunately, Icarus failed to take flight, and the plan was ruined.

The name Icarus was given to the plane based on a comic book that The Weasel was creating during his stay at Alcatraz. It is also a reference to the Greek character of the same name, who, in the myth, attempted to escape imprisonment using a pair of wings given to him by his father. Only, Icarus flew too close to the sun, and the wax keeping his wings together came undone, sending him to his death... a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy there, Al.

Anyway, Albert was murdered by the other mobsters, and they were executed for their crimes. Inside Mob of the Dead's cycle, Al and the Mobsters relive the same night again and again, building the plane, crashing the plane, and dying while fighting the undead. Icarus is central to this cycle and the journey of the Mobsters.

latest?cb=20130705171333

Shadows of Evil

Miraculously, Icarus appears once again in Shadows of Evil, flying through the sky after the players have completed the Easter Egg. Why, exactly? We do know that Icarus and thus the Mobsters of Mob of the Dead live in Dimension 63, the same Dimension as the four cursed survivors of Shadows of Evil. It does not seem that the Shadows of Evil crew are trapped in a cycle, but they are in an alternate version of Morg City corrupted by the Shadowman. They are all marked with a curse that keeps them alive, and forced to fight the undead. But what could Icarus have to do with this map, and specifically the end of the easter egg?

maxresdefault.jpg

The Giant

Icarus appears once again, this time, however, it has landed on the roof of Teleporter B of The Giant. This is even more confusing than the last appearance. Who was its pilot, and where are they now? The Giant takes place in a fracture of the Original Timeline: a far cry from Dimension 63. Its reappearance is no coincidence.

maxresdefault.jpg

Zetsubou No Shima

Zetsubou has a variety of planes flying through the air at any given time, a majority being Japanese war planes. Another plane is a massive cargo plane that is shot from the sky by Primis. But one plane in particular stands out, that being Icarus.

What is unique about this appearance is that it is one of many planes passing overhead, and also that the planes pass through portals as they arrive and disappear from the map. It seems this Island has caused a great deal of atmospheric rifts to occur. Ciphers mention freak atmospheric events, the disappearance of the explorers Brock and Gary due to their plane's destruction from an atmospheric anomaly, and Peter McCain jumping over the Rising Sun Facility into an aurora borealis that would eventually bring him to Gorod Krovi.

maxresdefault.jpg

In Conclusion

As far as we can tell, there are no other appearances after Zetsubou No Shima of the plane Icarus, outside of a drawing of it on the official timeline. Icarus does not even appear in Blood of the Dead. Interestingly, however, The Weasel did finally get his wings:

Spectral-Bird-NoahJ456.jpg

So what sense can be made of Icarus' three mysterious appearances? Why is each so unique? Who is flying that plane? How did it escape Alcatraz?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Pre-Blood of the Dead, my running theory regarding the plane was that it was being piloted by Primis minus Richtofen.

Evidence for:

- Its appearance in The Giant was the biggest tipping point to me. In The Giant it is landed, a sizable distance away from the Teleporter area where Primis comes together for the introduction cutscene where Ultimis Richtofen is shot. We know that Richtofen was traveling across dimensions in the time between Origins and The Giant using a teleporter located in the House, operated by Maxis. However, we do not know how the rest of Primis was travelling. Dempsey mentions having traveled to many places including Brazil and the Moon. It seems logical to me to conclude that Primis used the plane to travel, and because of its appearance in purgatory and The Weasel breaking the cycle, it has the ability to travel across dimensions.

- It flying over Shadows could be a sign that Primis have been trying to follow Richtofen across dimensions, and just missed his appearance at the end of the easter egg. They seem to have shown up at the Giant trying to stop Ultimis Richtofen from allowing Primis Richtofen to step through the teleporter, implying they've been tracking him.

Evidence against:

- Its appearance in Zetsubou does not really tie into this theory. Surely they would have remembered flying over the island once they return to it, right? Why would they go there in the first place? It could be that they were only there briefly as they passed through the portals, and it was only a bump in the road as they searched for their destination. For all we know, due to Zetsbou's strange atmospheric events, it may be like the midway point between dimensional travel.

- How would Primis have acquired this plane without travelling to Alcatraz? They make it pretty clear they don't recognize Alcatraz when they do eventually go to it.

Now, however, I would be more inclined to say that the plane is being controlled by the spirit of Albert Arlington. We know in Blood of the Dead he does eventually want to help Primis break the cycle and escape, and he is attracted to the Kronorium in some way by trying to steal it. It seems he knows somewhat about the reality of his situation, and due to breaking his own cycle he can send his plane through other dimensions and times to explore. Through this journey he may have learned a great deal about Primis and now realizes how important they are. This would explain why every plane appearance doesn't seem to have anyone piloting it. Also because he is a spirit who has broken the cycle, it would be a good explanation for it being able to travel. In a way, Al has been watching over us, wanting to help.

• Moderators
On 7/10/2019 at 7:21 PM, RadZakpak said:

Only, Icarus flew too close to the sun, and the wax keeping his wings together came undone, sending him to his death... a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy there, Al.

Ahahaha, exactly my thoughts. 

Neat post here, friendo! To me Icarus remains one big questionmark, mainly because I simply do not understand the events of Mob, Shadows and Blood, though I noticed you excluded one reference to the plane. In Gorod Krovi, a cipher could be found, written by the one who was flying in it:

"It was a strange flight, the plane crashed. We passed through time and space, in a way, flying over areas that shouldn't have been there. Hmm, there was no sign of any remains. I do not know where it landed, honest."

While the identity of the aviator remains unknown, we can get some intel out of this:

• He speaks of a 'we'
  • The location where the flyers are landed is not necasserily the same as the Giant, where the plane crashed.
  • The person is aware of timetravel
  • The person is aware they are flying through fractures, and the fact that they should be undone

The last two points remind me of Maxis or Richthofen, the latter in particular, possibly among with Primis or Ultimis. The plane originates from Alcatraz, more specific, the Cycle Trap Realm. But yeah, you mention Primis not recognizing Alcatraz upon entering it, which makes it hard for them having obtained the plane. 

I am fairly unknown with the events of Blood. What is Al's role in this? Does Icarus and the Golden Gate appear in this map? How are the events of Mob connected with Blood?

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Ahahaha, exactly my thoughts. 

Neat post here, friendo! To me Icarus remains one big questionmark, mainly because I simply do not understand the events of Mob, Shadows and Blood, though I noticed you excluded one reference to the plane. In Gorod Krovi, a cipher could be found, written by the one who was flying in it:

"It was a strange flight, the plane crashed. We passed through time and space, in a way, flying over areas that shouldn't have been there. Hmm, there was no sign of any remains. I do not know where it landed, honest."

While the identity of the aviator remains unknown, we can get some intel out of this:

• He speaks of a 'we'
  • The location where the flyers are landed is not necasserily the same as the Giant, where the plane crashed.
  • The person is aware of timetravel
  • The person is aware they are flying through fractures, and the fact that they should be undone

The last two points remind me of Maxis or Richthofen, the latter in particular, possibly among with Primis or Ultimis. The plane originates from Alcatraz, more specific, the Cycle Trap Realm. But yeah, you mention Primis not recognizing Alcatraz upon entering it, which makes it hard for them having obtained the plane. 

I am fairly unknown with the events of Blood. What is Al's role in this? Does Icarus and the Golden Gate appear in this map? How are the events of Mob connected with Blood?

Surprisingly there isn’t a whole lot related directly to Mob. But Al appears as a ghostly seagull that steals the Kronorium, but ends up. helping Primis defeat the Warden. Richtofen also calls two ghosts that try to restrain the Warden Sal and Finn. So it seems the mobster’s ghosts still roam the island. But there is no sighting of Icarus the plane at all.

• 1 year later...

On 7/11/2019 at 10:51 AM, RadZakpak said:

Icarus appears once again in Shadows of Evil, flying through the sky after the players have completed the Easter Egg

((( In Shadows of Evil, the plane flies overhead after you complete the PaP ritual. 
Not after the main EE completion, it's an important difference! )))

But I think the plane is more conspicuous by it's absence...
It doesn't appear in Der Eisendrache, because they are in the same fracture as The Giant where the plane has already landed.
But it does appear in Zetsubo and Shadows.

Logic would dictate the following order of events for the plane crew. (Assuming it's a Primis crew member/s)
Alcatraz -> fly through Shadows and Zetsubo -> Land in The Giant -> Der Eisendrache ->
It really just leads back to the real underlying question of why they change fracture after Der Eisendrache but not before.

Imo the answer is that the fracture jumps occur before and after Zetsubo to protect it canonically.
In a game of rewriting history and going back in time to prevent events, having your "insurance policy" in a pocket (fracture) protects it from being unwritten by other timeline changes.
"There are certain things that you can't ever change" - Monty

image.png

"Beware those who would use the truth only to deceive" - Comic Cipher

Notice how the timeline doesn't mention who's blood.
It doesn't mention where in Demension 63 they go.
And it doesn't specify which "Island" they return to.

The Dempsey "whistle stop tour" quote indicates mutiple locations visited.
The deception here could easily be that they travel:
Zet->Alcatraz->Elsewhere->Alcatraz->PlaneFlight
Zet->Elsewhere(blood)->Zet
Or even that the Alcatraz trip is the "next destination" and the journey described in the Zet entry is something separate entirely.
etc etc etc.

image.png
We can see the Zet entry is connected to this Dimension63 entry by a loop.
This includes the name of the blood donors... So why are they omitted from the Zet entry?

"You took us on a little whistle stop tour of some other locations. Said we all needed the blood vials." - Dempsey
"Beware those who would use the truth only to deceive" - Comic Cipher

These two quotes along with the timeline and the obvious connections between Zet, Alcatraz, Icarus have me convinced Primis are dodging the BOTD trap somewhere in this mystery.

I can see no other reason for Icarus to feature in BO3. It doesn't appear to be a required part of the story.
Icarus is the insurance policy for the insurance policy?
Monty may believe they go Zet->Alcatraz->Zet->GK
However the wording of the timeline + Dempsey quote allows for the Alcatraz trip to occur after Zetsubo, not during.

This leaves Primis with another chance.
A "whistle stop tour of some other locations" that they can use to rewrite history.
Unseen events which MUST occur as the timeline indicates, but have not been seen/played yet.
Which sits directly before the BOTD trap.
Allowing BO4 events to be erased entirely...

(Wait am I just writing anti-BO4 fanfiction here? 😂)

TLDR;
Icarus is another "out", a point in the story where unseen events occur.
These "outs" are points at which things can be changed by creating a "new universe" or "fracture" without interrupting established continuity.

• Moderators

I know basically everyone already in this thread has read this, but I'll drop this here for anyone else that would like to read it as well.

Basic TL;DR, the plane isn't being controlled by anyone after the Broken Cycle begins in Mob, flies aimlessly into the Giant through storms that cause temporal displacement which caused it to move from the pocket dimension to the dimension of the Giant on a mere coincidence possibly influenced by the distance between dimensions if such a thing can be quantified.

Building off that, the Shadows of Evil cameo takes place during the middle of the cycle before it can be determined to be broken or continued (at the same time as Mob of the Dead). I don't know if Morg City was ever given a proper location on the world map, but since Sal and Finn have left their marks on the city it would imply it is near Alcatraz, but far enough away that the atmosphere of Mob doesn't change when the Shadows crew opens the Apothicon Rift Stone. Shadow Man has worked with the Alcatraz Warden in events prior to either map, ultimately laying the foundation for a perfect pocket dimension completely at the mercy of the Shadow Man while he attempts to free the Apothicons from their (metaphorical) prison. With his knowledge of this dimension even Monty can't peek into, it would make sense for the Shadow Man to go a step further and pull more into the dimension, 'assimilate' it to put it in his own words. So Mob and Shadows are both within this "fractured shadow of reality" with the main goal to free the Apothicons. But we can also imply that the Mob crew flies over Morg City during the events of both, so why don't we see the Azathoth-implied Apothicon? Some might consider it an oversight, I say it's because the path was so cloudy at their altitude they couldn't even see the Golden Gate Bridge until they were right in front of it.

Airplane Building Tutorial - Mob of the Dead: How to Build the Plane (Part  Locations & Get to Roof) - YouTube

This of course leads into the inevitable question, if Mob and Shadows take place in the same place at the same time, why are zombies eyes yellow in Shadows and red in Mob? The difference is cause of zombification. The Hell Alcatraz is constructed using blood rituals, which can be inferred to be Apothicon Blood (how an Alcatraz Warden got Apothicon Blood can be saved for another discussion) since the Warden himself speaks Apothicon tongue. Meanwhile the zombies in Shadows of Evil are zombified by the side effects of Element 115, infused with fungal spores that quickly overwhelmed Morg City in the months leading to Shadows of Evil. We already have proof of 115 affecting plants and fungus, so it's not a far reach that some of them reacted in a way that allowed them to constantly generate traces of 115 (if you haven't seen radiation eating fungus go check that out, Chernobyl is responsible for an evolution that caused fungus to undergo radiosynthesis it's really interesting). This makes them "standard zombies" by being afflicted by Element 115 as opposed to the Apothicon Zombies if we can call them that, ones that have the Blood in charge as opposed to the body.

• Moderators

Both extremely interesting replies, of the Christopher Nolan mindfuckery kind. 

3 hours ago, clueless said:

Basic TL;DR, the plane isn't being controlled by anyone after the Broken Cycle begins in Mob, flies aimlessly into the Giant through storms that cause temporal displacement which caused it to move from the pocket dimension to the dimension of the Giant on a mere coincidence possibly influenced by the distance between dimensions if such a thing can be quantified.

I might interprent you completely wrong, but doesn't this contradict with a cipher we got in Gorod Krovi?

It was a strange flight, the plane crashed. We passed through time and space, in a way, flying over areas that shouldn't have been there. Hmm, there was no sign of any remains. I do not know where it landed, honest."

To me it seems the plane was in fact manned, presumably by Primis. If that would be the case, it could explain Primis' sudden appearance in The Giant's intro. What striked me is that they appear after the Fluffy incident and the freezing of time.  Nikolai says that a great evil approaches and there is a chain of events that must be set in motion, followed by Takeo saying that the future hangs by a thread and Ultimis Richtofen must awaken the test subjects. Contradictionary to this, Maxis and Monty (and Primis Richtofen) say it is important that the testsubjects should not be awakened.

"June 11th, 1943

Richtofen is contacted from the House by Maxis, who warns that “The test subjects must never be allowed to be awakened, the havoc that could be wreaked upon the future by such simple-minded individuals would be catastrophic"

So are Primis Nikolai, Tank and Takeo simply ignorant, or do they know more? I assume the latter, as they seem to know about the 'testsubjects' and about 'awakening' them, surely they have some knowledge and perhaps experience concerning this matter? In simple words: Maxis (and Monty) want the testsubjects not to be awakened while Primis Nikolai, Tank and Takeo do want them to be awakened. We follow Monty's scheme during the events of Black Ops III and do not awaken, but kill the testsubjects, harvesting their souls and bringing them to the House (for yet unknown reasons). This is what Monty wants, however we haven't seen the outcome of Nikolai's, Tank's and Takeo's scheme.

Going back the the Giant intro, zombies start to stream in after the freezing of time and Primis' arrival. This distracts them which allows Ultimis Richtofen to link the MTD ( you can hear the sound ). Dempsey shouts at him: "Whatever you think you are doing, don't do it!". Nikolai says that he does not want to meet what's on the other side of that door, and Takeo warns him that he cannot begin to comprehend the great evil he could unleash. Despite their warnings, they do not simply kill Ultimis Richtofen. They seem to want him alive to assist them in awakening the testsubjects.

Stubborn as he is, Ultimis Richtofen activates the teleporter, and the door subsequently opens: Primis Richtofen steps out and kills his Ultimis counterpart. Tank is angry on Primis Richtofen ("I thought we were done with this") but Richtofen tells them that things change. Nikolai says that only a fool would dare to change history but Richtofen says he does so in order to secure a better tomorrow. From intel, we know this Richtofen was told by Maxis to trust Monty's plan, in order to save the world. He is send by the House, with survivors who have witnessed whatever nasty nuclear event occured there (see The Giant and Zetsubou radios), and he is convinced that what he does, he does to not let that happen again (a.k.a. If he wouldn't intervene and perform Maxis/Monty's plan, the nuclear disaster would eventually happen).

Primis Nikolai, Tank and Takeo, on the other hand, seemed to initially desire something else. Contrary to Maxis, they wanted to meet up with Ultimis Richtofen and awake the testsubjects. Primis meeting up with Ultimis Richtofen is what we also see in this comic screen. They wanted to awaken the testsubjects by going to the House? Or have they already awoken the testsubjects before they came to the House?

8QraHqJpc-PJaxAY8GwPHm6Yn20e_vIsmLTaxuf8

In simpler words, the Giant can happen in two ways: To open or not to open the MTD. To open will lead to the events of BO3. Primis will kill their Ultimis counterparts, collect their souls and bring them to the House, making Maxis and Monty happy. But it does also lead to the repeat of the Cycle, the eventual destruction of Earth and the gathering of the children in the House.

I also wanted to share my interpretation of a careful analysis of the much lesser known gameplay trailer of The Giant. 

• On 0:48, Primis Richtofen has pushed Ultimis Richtofen on the ground (so different than TG intro) and says "Don't fear death, fear me", upon which Tank can be seen saying to him: "Don't do it!". Primis Richtofen does it nonetheless and blood shatters can be seen covering a wall. What I make up of this is (1) that Ultimis Richtofen isn't killed the same way every time (this time he was pushed on the ground first), and (2) that Primis Nikolai, Tank and Takeo want to keep Ultimis Richtofen alive.
  • Upon this, Nikolai says "You can never wash away the blood on your hands, Richtofen. You are an evil that must be stopped". During this quote, at 0:56, we see another version of Ultimis Richtofen falling in a pit (presumably pushed intentionally by his Primis counterpart). So Nikolai, Tank and Takeo realize that Primis Richtofen's/the House's path is wrong?

• Primis Richtofen responds on this by saying that what he does, he does to secure a better tomorrow. During this quote, at 1:03 you see him holding something undefinable. Primis Richtofen and Maxis want to save the world by trusting Monty, but that man has his own agenda. Richtofen holding something reminded me of the following the Giant conversations:

Dempsey: I know you're sick Richtofen, but why were you messing with your own corpse?!

Richtofen: That wasn't my body, that was someone else entirely... someone a bit like me but not. He's dead.

Dempsey: Hey I know what I saw! I saw you stoop down and hold something against the body.

Richtofen: Pictures Dempsey, pictures! Or it didn't happen.

Dempsey: There was something I was gonna to ask you, what was it?

Richtofen: Ah, dear Dempsey! Sure memory loss perhaps due to your prolonged exposure to Element 115? Or are you just one of the stupid Dempseys?

What did Richtofen do with his Ultimis body? And more interesting: does Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo forget their previous memories upon the murder of Ultimis Richtofen? In the intros, they seem to oppose Primis Richtofen, having their own plan to awaken the testsubjects. In the actual gameplay of the Giant, Primis distrust but obey Richtofen, and the sole reason of their distrust seems to be their memory loss and the fact they don't know what they are doing (though they seemed to know in the Giant intro).

Dempsey: Did you notice him doing something weird when we first got here?

Takeo: Weird describes much of what Richtofen does.

Dempsey: Right after he popped himself, when we were holding back the horde... Richtofen knelt down over the body. Why?!

Takeo: Perhaps he was paying respects to his fallen self.

Dempsey: We gotta piece it all together Tak. Why the fuck did he come here, again?!

Again this mysterious action of Richtofen at the body of his Ultimis counterpart. Also, "Why the fuck did he come here again?". Was Primis at the Giant earlier? There is also a quote in the Giant about Primis stating that Primis Richtofen was the one abandoning them. We also know that Primis travelled to the original timeline in 1943 already, followed by Primis Richtofen's journey to the House one week later. Is this what is referenced here? How would that work with the plane Icarus?

Finally, in the gameplay trailer, Nikolai says something in the end. Something that got me. 

"maybe, there ís a way to end all this. (Ultimis Richtofen is seen and heard laughing) To return to our homes. Our old lives. Our families"

Is this their original plan? Does Nikolai, Tank and Takeo want to awaken the testsubjects, keep Ultimis Richtofen alive, travel to the House, for this very humane goal? Why is Maxis so convinced that awakening the testsubjects will lead to something catastrophic?

EDIT: plF3rf5.png?1

This drawing of Samantha shows Ultimis Richtofen trying to kill Maxis. Could this be in the House, when Ultimis Richtofen went with Primis?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, anonymous said:

I might interprent you completely wrong, but doesn't this contradict with a cipher we got in Gorod Krovi?

Finally, in the gameplay trailer, Nikolai says something in the end. Something that got me. 

Is this their original plan? Does Nikolai, Tank and Takeo want to awaken the testsubjects, keep Ultimis Richtofen alive, travel to the House, for this very humane goal? Why is Maxis so convinced that awakening the testsubjects will lead to something catastrophic?

What cipher would you be referring to? I'm trying to find them and not having luck at the moment.

And another big thing I need to open my mind to is the gameplay trailers, which before coming here I've considered non-canon for the sake of showing dramatic points so that the entire trailer isn't essentially the same three frames of first-person view killing zombies, third person view killing zombies, and direct view of enemies. But clearly they're important with how often I've seen them brought up so I'll have to actually check them out and keep them in mind, because up until now I've seemed to be ignoring a piece of the puzzle that is this storyline.

6 hours ago, anonymous said:

EDIT: plF3rf5.png?1

This drawing of Samantha shows Ultimis Richtofen trying to kill Maxis. Could this be in the House, when Ultimis Richtofen went with Primis?

Wouldn't you say that's Takeo? With the sword and hat? 

2 hours ago, clueless said:

What cipher would you be referring to? I'm trying to find them and not having luck at the moment.

I recommend this wiki as a source for ciphers:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/wiki/treyarch-ciphers

• Moderators
15 hours ago, clueless said:

Here it is: "It was a strange flight, the plane crashed. We passed through time and space, in a way, flying over areas that shouldn't have been there. Hmm, there was no sign of any remains. I do not know where it landed, honest."

Perhaps this cipher is part of another Cycle or I don't know. Maybe the passagers jumped off it before it crashed. But it sounds like that at some moment, Primis were chilling on Icarus.

13 hours ago, RichKiller said:

Wouldn't you say that's Takeo? With the sword and hat? 

Hmm, I'd say Richtofen due to the cap. Ultimis Takeo would be equally as weird, though

• Moderators
3 hours ago, anonymous said:

I was always under the assumption this was from the perspective of Brock and Gary given the previous entry of their flight crashing and was giving backstory to their discovery of Shangri-la, but I now realize I was so narrow-minded with this cipher with how many hints suggest otherwise.

On 9/1/2020 at 9:30 PM, anonymous said:

plF3rf5.png?1

Wait a second...
That circle with a door in the side and all the rings running through it.
Is that supposed to be a child's perception of the summoning key?

Is Ultimis Richtofen collecting Maxis' soul?
Remember "The vessel for Maxis" quote...
And Richtofen calls the summoning key "A vessel for our immortal souls".

We know Maxis and Richtofen are friends. 
If he learned post-Origins that he had only rescued Maxis' body, would he not go back for the soul?
Especially if Samantha is in the house, living with a soulless husk of her father...
Could that be the "promise" he made "so long ago"? To rescue the soul of Maxis?
But due to the 115 induced delusions at the beginning of TG he forgets and ends up saving Primis instead, and the cycle continues.

This crayon drawing got me thinking hard...

42 minutes ago, RichKiller said:

This quote is originally from Origins. It's a part of the plan of "Richtofen". 

Yes I know.
The TG quote is different...
Notice how the TG quote mentions radios? And the Origins one doesn't?
It is not the same quote. It only appears similar as a red herring.
It is sometimes important to look past the obvious connection...

(EDIT: new piece of STRONG evidence for the "Primis fly the plane" theory found.)

Remember the first line from the BOTD intro?
"You give us the fire, we'll give 'em hell" - Dempsey
It's a line from WW2 airforce propaganda....

Case closed?

airforce1.jpg

Archived