Operation Apocalypse Z: Full Details

Boom115

• Administrators

Operation Apocalypse Z arrives July 9th on PS4, bringing the undead to the forefront of this season of content with events and updates that will occur throughout the Operation. Here’s a look ahead:
070819_roadmap.jpg

*Content subject to change.

Zombies

New Experience: “Alpha Omega”
New Elixirs:

• Head Drama
  • Phoenix Up

New Perk: Blood Wolf Bite
+ More

The Aether story continues in “Alpha Omega”.

AlphaOmegaLogo.jpg

Following the events of “Classified” and “Blood of the Dead”, the Primis and Ultimis crews travel to a secret Broken Arrow facility at Nuketown. This gameplay space, which is 400% larger than “Nuketown Zombies”, features both familiar nostalgia and new elements. In “Alpha Omega”, players will face new enemies, including Jolting Jacks and Nova 6 Bombers that are deadlier evolutions of the Nova 6 Crawlers from “Kino Der Toten”. Plus, you’ll fight against a new special round foe, the Lightning Hounds. As the Aether story heads toward an epic conclusion, “Alpha Omega” works to unravel the mysteries of the beginning and the end.

Gear up for this epic new battle with the latest Perk, Blood Wolf Bite. When activated, players are given a friendly wolf companion named Luna that aids in surviving the undead. Once in the map, Luna fights alongside the player, killing zombies and even dealing damage to larger or mini-boss type enemies. If Blood Wolf Bite is placed in the Modifier slot, a Luna kill has the chance of spawning a mini-Power-up, such as a small amount of ammo, points, or power.

Classic Elixirs from Black Ops III will also arrive at the start of the Operation. Phoenix Up is for players who want to lend a helping hand, reviving all teammates and allowing them to keep their Perks. Head Drama makes every shot really count. When equipped, any bullet that hits a zombie damages its head.

The Argus shotgun and Reaver C86 semi-auto crossbow will be added to the Mystery Box at the start of Operation Apocalypse Z. Discover how both deal damage to the undead and Pack-A-Punch them in game for the Ancient Harbinger (Argus) and Minos’ Zeal (Reaver C86).

Also, the new Zombies experience delivers a new Gauntlet later in this Operation. Players will be able to tackle thirty new challenges while battling the undead in the upcoming “Alpha Omega” Gauntlet, “Duck and Cover”.

070819_alpha_omega.png

The Aether story returns to an expanded version of Nuketown players have never seen before. Battle for survival as the Primis and Ultimis characters for the first time in Zombies history in “Alpha Omega”.  

With a map 400% larger than the original Nuketown and packed with twice as much character dialogue than previous Zombies experiences, “Alpha Omega” picks up where the events of “Blood of the Dead” and “Classified” left off. Players will face off against new enemies and unravel the twisted secrets of the Aether story as versions of Nikolai, Richtofen, Takeo, and Dempsey from two different timelines. What lies beneath the surface at this overrun Broken Arrow testing facility?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I cannot see the video on this internet but your post made me excited! So we're going underground for a large part? Gonna guess it'll be in the TranZit PaP room/Pentagon laboratories style, with a lot of narrow hallways and bloody and gore details. I like the return of the Jumping Jacks, though I find it a lazy explanation to call Nova 6 Bombers 'deathly evolutions' of Nova 6 Crawlers. Damnit Treyarch learn some biology before explaining everything with evolution here, mutation there...

https://twitter.com/CoDZOfficial/status/1148262297112129537

A.P.D. looks badass, though

• Administrators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

I cannot see the video on this internet but your post made me excited! So we're going underground for a large part? Gonna guess it'll be in the TranZit PaP room/Pentagon laboratories style, with a lot of narrow hallways and bloody and gore details. I like the return of the Jumping Jacks, though I find it a lazy explanation to call Nova 6 Bombers 'deathly evolutions' of Nova 6 Crawlers. Damnit Treyarch learn some biology before explaining everything with evolution here, mutation there...

https://twitter.com/CoDZOfficial/status/1148262297112129537

A.P.D. looks badass, though

Yeah they said this will be 400% larger than the original map.

• Moderators

If I may believe others, the zombies have white eyes in this map. I would like to note that thus far, we are of the believe that eye colour does not merely refer to a person in the MPD, but also the forces that influence this very person.

Both Samantha, Maxis and whoever the Demonic Announcer is in BO3, have yellow/orange eyes: Like the orange rifts, the orange Aurora Borealis, the orange Elemental Shard, etc. Richthofen and the Templar and Crazy Place zombies in Origins have blue eyes, like the blue portals, blue Aurora Borealis, etc. And then we have red of the Warden and an unknown entity in Gorod Krovi and Revelations. I believe the forces behind this are either the Aether/Keepers, or the Dark Aether/Apothicans, and possibly Monty as a third one.

I am of the believe that white eyes do not simply refer to one distinct person. It refers to the forces behind him, or possibly the lacking of this (as white seems a pretty neutral colour). Also wonder in what universe this map takes place. I normally assumed the Original Timeline, like Classified, but if the eyes are white this wouldn't fit with BO1's Original Timeline, where Samantha was in absolute controll from 1945 up to 2027. However, I could see this might be a changed Original Timeline, due to BO2's, BO3's and BO4's events. Sam is now freed from the Aether. Maybe this is the timeline where Origins already happened, but not all events of the Original Universe, if you get what I mean. Aether is timeless.

• Moderators

There are alot of interesting, unexplained radios in the Giant. Espessially this one reminded me of Alpha Omega's intro, where Nikolai mentioned 'the German's burden':

"Remember what I told you Edward, the scars left by Samantha's past actions allow us to communicate across the rift. Follow my words: I will find you. When you release the beacon, I will secure your extraction and destroy the site. Remember, the burden is yours to carry Edward. The others must never know the truth."

It is also interesting to note that this beacon is radioactive, and Maxis talks about 'Nuclear Fallout'. Check this thread by @InfestLithium for more interesting things.

Archived