anonymous

Your closest zombie map distance

Just me being curious to y'all folks! What zombie map is in your closest proximity? 

For me that'd me Origins, which is said to lay in Northern France around the Bar-le-Duc and Verdun area. Bar-le-Duc is 330 km to the south, while Verdun is merely 280 km away.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor cod origins landscape

Weather here is uhm...not always that cold as is depicted in Origins. I mean, the map, featuring a lot of snow, takes place on the 4th of June, while last month temperature's risen to a 40 degrees Celcius/over 100 degrees Fahrenheit here, in which my moments of agony desire to the cold of Origins. But hey, the fact I live not that far away from a massive amount of underground Divinium makes me happy. So tell me in what map you reside, and how it compares to reality (if that's possible).

(I'm waiting for the one saying Griffin Station)

Good idea for a thread!

Unfortunately I live closest to “Five”/Classified, and don’t think I’ll be getting a tour anytime soon.

however where I used to live as a kid is closest to Nevada, home of Area 51 and Nuketown/Alpha Omega. I’ve never been to Nevada myself but have been to states close enough in climate and yes it is a barren, deserty hellscape.

So out of the top of my head it has to be in Berlin, so it is either Kino der Toten or Verrückt. Now let me look up the distance.

Verrückt actually has a bit less distance compared to the Fernsehturm location.

:S

@RadZakpak desert has always interested me for some reason. Think it is because I barely have ever visited a desert-like country, nor know anyone living there, and it has such desolate, barren, kinda mysterious atmosphere. Also like the flora and fauna alot! Thinking about doing a roadtrip in the desert/western parts of your country when I'm 25 (which'll take 6 years more but okay).

@Lenne Ohh, a real East German here? I've been in that area once as well, and some friends of me go to Poland tomorrow (driving through Eastern Germany) and what striked me was that it was just so empty there (in a beautiful way): Just vast, endless fields with windmills and sometimes an in the sun blinking white tip of a church in the distance, surrounded by some houses. Kinda like central France. Though maybe this is just normal for rural areas and I have the unfortune to live in Europe's most overpopulated country haha :)

41 minutes ago, anonymous said:

@RadZakpak desert has always interested me for some reason. Think it is because I barely have ever visited a desert-like country, nor know anyone living there, and it has such desolate, barren, kinda mysterious atmosphere. Also like the flora and fauna alot! Thinking about doing a roadtrip in the desert/western parts of your country when I'm 25 (which'll take 6 years more but okay).

If you ever travel around America, outside of major cities like new york, san francisco, houston, etc., anywhere you go there is going to be a lot of uninhabited area between destinations. Anywhere near Texas, New Mexico, or Arizona is going to have a lot of barren desert or dirt, anywhere in the upper west is going to have lots of rolling grasslands, and around the mid to south there is a lot of trees like where I live. Endless trees between every city. It can be really peaceful or really boring depending how you look at it.

That’s why i’ve always wanted to visit Europe since countries have been around a lot longer than the US. And there’s a lot more to see in just a short travel.

Admin

For me it would have to be Burgertown....

But actually, I'm a Classified/5 Guy like @RadZakpak. I've also been near the pentagon and visited Alcatraz more than once. 

40 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

If you ever travel around America, outside of major cities like new york, san francisco, houston, etc., anywhere you go there is going to be a lot of uninhabited area between destinations. Anywhere near Texas, New Mexico, or Arizona is going to have a lot of barren desert or dirt, anywhere in the upper west is going to have lots of rolling grasslands, and around the mid to south there is a lot of trees like where I live. Endless trees between every city. It can be really peaceful or really boring depending how you look at it.

That’s why i’ve always wanted to visit Europe since countries have been around a lot longer than the US. And there’s a lot more to see in just a short travel.

Washington State, Oregon, Colorado and Canadian British Colombia would be my favourite provinces to visit (just wanna see Grand Sequoias, huge ass cacti and those desert rings made of red rock), but any national park and the Southeastern swamps sound fun as well. Since I got family in Ontario, I might start there and just go west without any real plan.

If you're going to Europe please don't do the London-Paris-Rome thing. The smaller cities and towns, and the environment is way prettier than those tourist clichées in my opinion. If you ever are around my area, don't forget to pass by for a beer or two (or more).

Can’t imagine I’m quite close to any. Unless the final map is in Michigan.

Would love that.

I’m going to defer to Five on this.

25 minutes ago, The Meh said:

Can’t imagine I’m quite close to any. Unless the final map is in Michigan.

Would love that.

I’m going to defer to Five on this.

Though the location is never officially confirmed, I would call you a Morg City inhabitant. Skyline is based on Chicago's

Origins too, even the canceled map in Paris would not have been closer.

By the way, I already said it in another of your topics, but what is even closer is the multiplayer map Downhill, although it happens in 2025 and Rhône-Alpes region while the name changed in 2015.

Spoiler

It has been many years since the last time I was able to walk in the snow, I hate the heat...

6 hours ago, anonymous said:

Though the location is never officially confirmed, I would call you a Morg City inhabitant. Skyline is based on Chicago's

You make a fair point.

Donor

I'm from South-East UK, so I dunno without looking into it, probably one of the many German maps?

Pentagon for me as well. 

There are a few Zombies locations that are “real” but in the wrong location, so there might be some Americans in here who didn’t know they were nearby one of these:

The theater that inspired Kino is located in Chicago. 

DD793EB4-F17A-424E-87B2-BEB3C3E77D01.jpeg

Both the Buried hedge maze and the Moon Biodome exist in real life, in a botanical garden in Missouri.

AAC0D945-2D01-4B0F-A7BA-8D8AEF2B88A0.jpeg

1CAF17A2-33BC-4932-A32F-1A9144076096.jpeg

Admin

Surprisingly, living in Southern California doesn't yield much for me. Closest would either be Alcatraz Island or Area 51 (technically closer by a few miles); however, it's between 4-6 hours of driving distance.