Alpha Omega trailer breakdown

anonymous

• Moderators

"'A little learning is... a dangerous thing. Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring.' So goes the poem. I... understand its meaning. I have drunk so deeply that my every fiber aches with the pain of what has been... and the pain of what has yet to come. I fear it may drive me insane."

*electricity, followed by zombie screams and what seems to be a sudden cutoff to a thunderstorm*

"Worlds... wars... souls... All torn asunder by the journeys our madness has wrought. It is only now, now that I understand the path of bloodshed and sacrifice that lays ahead. And how such knowledge must have gnawed and clawed at the German's mind. I pity him. From this day on, it is my burden to bear. I know what must be done, and who must do it. May they all have mercy on my soul."

Change of the Kronorium

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.15.33.png

The Kronorium page features the Dark Mechanism, as seen in Blood of the Dead. This is the machine that sucked Richthofen's bloodvains empty, killing him slowly and painfull. What origin and purpose it exactly had, is left unknown. However, in this intro we see the picture, as well as the excerpts an the right vanish. It seems like Primis has done things that have changed the Kronorium, the Book of Time. They are changing the events that have happened.

Samantha in the Dark Aether

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.15.47.png

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.15.52.png

We see Samantha in an alien environment, standing on a mountain of some sort. As a giant Apothican appears to devour Sam, she uses her powers to rip it apart. The Apothican worm, as well as the powers Samantha has, tell us that this is in the Dark Aether, after she entered the MPD. What is interesting is that this appears to be observated as a physical realm, with three-dimensional beings, rocks and even herself. However, when we opened the MPD in Moon, we see Samantha's body frozen (also as the Quest name implies: cryogenic slumber party. Cryogenic means the freezing of a human body, in the hope to rezurrect it later). So how can Samantha freely wander around in this Dark Aether while her body is frozen imprisoned inside the MPD? Well, could the Dark Aether possibly be a spiritual realm, with Sam's soul that we see? Her physical self is left in the MPD, while her soul is trapped in the this grim dimension. If this would be true, the (Dark) Aether would be easy to visualize for us. Thinking about this, the House with the Souls would also be explainable (with the exception of soulless Maxis).

Sacrifices

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.15.58.pngScreenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.16.02.png

We see Dempsey frozen in a cryogenic pod, and Takeo commit seppuku, interspersed by shots of a rotating Sumonning Key (which was also the last shot of the Zombie Chronicles trailer). Both events were seen in Black Ops 3, where Primis collected their souls with the Sumonning Key.

More changes in the Kronorium

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.16.29.pngScreenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.16.19.png

Once again we see shots a Kronorium pages that vanish due to a changed reality. This time it is the picture of Ultimis Richthofen walking with Primis Nikolai, Dempsey and Takeo towards the House, which we have seen in a Comic earlier. What happened with Primis Richthofen here, and the Ultimis testsubjects?

The Aether Pyramid Device opens

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.16.33.png

This one is discussed in PINNAZ's thread as well. This Aether Pyramid appears to not be the MPD, so is this Broken Arrow's replica? Is the dome above the Dome structure we see in the Nuketown loading screen?

We will never learn

img_0092.jpgScreen Shot 2019-06-29 at 10.46.55 AM.png

Science gone wrong again. The human desire to controll the undead, to play own god. @WaWQuickRevive theorized that these two scientists might very well be Doctor Schuster and Cornelius Pernell respectively. In the second shot we see the one with the glasses zombified

Familiar faces

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.16.51.pngScreenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.16.55.pngScreenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.16.58.png

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.17.04.pngScreenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.17.06.pngScreenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.17.08.png

We see Doctor Monty, the Shadowman, Peter McCain, Misty, Stuhlinger and Doctor Richthofen.

Agartha will burn

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.17.12.png

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.17.21.png

mwsx6f52v4731.png

We see the Keepers fight against the Apothicans. An interesting thing is that the Apothicans are already mutated here, meaning that this might not be the War of Agartha (which was before the corrupted Keepers banishment to the Dark Aether were they mutated). On one side a Monty in Keeper appearance is seen, on the other the Shadowman. They seem remarkingbly similar, only different by their clothes. Also, we see the innocent souls of little Samantha and Edward in the House, followed by, once again, a rotating Summoning Key...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Samantha in the Dark Aether

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.15.47.png

Screenshot 2019-07-01 at 14.15.52.pngWe see Samantha in an alien environment, standing on a mountain of some sort. As a giant Apothican appears to devour Sam, she uses her powers to rip it apart. The Apothican worm, as well as the powers Samantha has, tell us that this is in the Dark Aether, after she entered the MPD. What is interesting is that this appears to be observated as a physical realm, with three-dimensional beings, rocks and even herself. However, when we opened the MPD in Moon, we see Samantha's body frozen (also as the Quest name implies: cryogenic slumber party. Cryogenic means the freezing of a human body, in the hope to rezurrect it later). So how can Samantha freely wander around in this Dark Aether while her body is frozen imprisoned inside the MPD? Well, could the Dark Aether possibly be a spiritual realm, with Sam's soul that we see? Her physical self is left in the MPD, while her soul is trapped in the this grim dimension. If this would be true, the (Dark) Aether would be easy to visualize for us. Thinking about this, the House with the Souls would also be explainable (with the exception of soulless Maxis).

In the Der Eisendrache quest Primis uses the Summoning Key to enter the MPD where they fight the corrupted Keeper inside. In the boss fight, it basically looks like a big, dark rocky room with some pillars covered in markings. Inside, the Keeper can attack the players with skeletons, Hellhounds, and Panzer Soldats. It seems to be that whoever is inside the MPD can summon any of their minions. I also think the inside of the MPD may be what the user imagines it to be. So for Samantha is is this wide open area, for the Keeper it is this cramped crypt-like ritual room, who knows what it might have been for Richtofen... Anyway, after Samantha was trapped so long she could hear the Apothicon voices tormenting her and she probably lashed out at them. This could be visualizing her trying to leave the MPD. Or maybe she summoned the beast to have something to kill since Eddie keeps evading her minions and she is frustrated.

Awesome breakdown! Come to think of it a lyric from the DE easter egg song “Dead Again” hints to Samantha having the ability to be in multiple places at once:

“I feel so strange, like I’m everywhere, and then no one was there”

On a kind of unrelated note, in “Pareidolia”, she calls the apothicons her friends:

”My friends have hollow eyes. They’re made of shapes and curvy lines.” I think the second sentence refers to how the apothicons come in so many different shapes and sizes.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, WaWQuickRevive said:

Awesome breakdown! Come to think of it a lyric from the DE easter egg song “Dead Again” hints to Samantha having the ability to be in multiple places at once:

“I feel so strange, like I’m everywhere, and then no one was there”

On a kind of unrelated note, in “Pareidolia”, she calls the apothicons her friends:

”My friends have hollow eyes. They’re made of shapes and curvy lines.” I think the second sentence refers to how the apothicons come in so many different shapes and sizes.

I think that Pareidolia line might refer to pareidolias: the tendency to interpret a vague stimulus as something known to the observer, such as seeing shapes in clouds, seeing faces in inanimate objects or abstract patterns, or hearing hidden messages in music. A famous one is the face on Mars:

Martian_face_viking_cropped.jpg

However, the song has, of course, an abstract/symbolic meaning behind it. Why does Samantha call the pareidolias her friends? Is this a sign that she is lonely? Or could she really mean the only other pressence in her realm: the Apothicans, harbringers of Doom. With your Dead Again cite you remind me of her characterism for now being omnipotent, so she would actually see everyone and everywhere on Earth. I imagine her looking from above, almost like an astronaut looks down on Earth from the ISS spacestation, and sees mountains, seas, continents, as her only friends: she sees faces in them: pareidolia. Just a thought. How would this apply on your idea, @RadZakpak? If the Dark Aether/MPD is how you imagine it is, how can anyone be omnipotent. Maybe omnipotent is not as we imagine it, like 'seeing'everything, but more like 'feeling' everything. Also, hope we will get a bit more explanation about the Stone pyramid in Der Eisendrache, since for me that remains one of BO3's biggest mysteries...

Archived