User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Forum Menu

More Staff Online

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

anonymous

Your guilty pleasure's

(Sorry in advance for the randomness of this thread)

So uh, we made it to the weekend! Yay!  I guess we all know what the term 'guilty pleasure' means and I found myself this subject well fitting here. I'm merely curious to each of your's odd traits and characterisms, and wonder if you might have some the same as me. These are mine:

• Cooking a vegetarian meal to be good for the environment and later during the evening heating a small warehouse of boxes meat-containing snacks for me and my friends.
  • Watching old spongebob episodes and disney films.
  • Complaining about your friends behind their back to other friends (who undoubtedly do the same about me)
  • When having a hangover, promising myself in all agony that I will heavily reduce drinking alcohol. Sometimes I'm drunk the night after the very same day...
  • Driving in a car, singing along with my favourite songs so loud I lose focus on the road (This happens really a lot).
  • During short trips in a car, taking an extra way around just because I like the music on the radio (while it costs fuel and harms the environment)
  • Annoying my roommates with learning myself guitar (and even thinking it sounds good while it definately does not)
  • When a thunderstorm occurs, going outside in the rain to watch lightning.
  • When a mosquito or fly is inside, I cannot get it over my heart to kill it. (I'm a weird one I know). If I do kill it, I really feel bad about it. I remember I even cried on elementary school because a peer of me catched and smashed a spider...just for his own cruel fun.
  • I'm the underdog's advocate, even if I don't like the underdog.

Donor

Trash TV (British programmes like TOWIE, Geordie Shore, Big Brother, Love Island etc). I often don't admit to people that I watch them unless I know they like them too, but I love them in secret.

Speeding. I know it's bad, but it's so exhilarating, though I don't do it in areas where there are pedestrians and blind corners and so on.

Pizza. It's not great for you and the really good ones are expensive, but man I love it. I only get a takeaway pizza like once a month though, easy on my wallet and having it only so-often means I really enjoy it when I do have it, plus it's not gonna make me fat having it occasionally.

I love random threads. (Does that also count as a guilty pleasure?) 

I like to watch shows which are intended for a female/feminine audience, like Cold Case, Desperate Housewives, Gilmore Girls, you name it.

Listening to Coldplay.

Xion is my favorite character from the Kingdom Hearts franchise and me loving the franchise itself is another GP as well.

These are all I can think of right now.

2 hours ago, anonymous said:

Watching old spongebob episodes and disney films.

Does that really count as a gulty pleasure? Spongebob and old Disney movies are the best. Also I would never dare to go outside, while there is a thunderstorm.

@ZombiesAteMyPizza! what is your go to Pizza by the way? And what do you think of pineapple on them? (I can't believe, it took me this long to ask you this. haha

Oh and Black Ops IIII judging by most of the community, is also a guilty pleasure of mine. haha

And I see your tags and I applaude them, @anonymous

Listening to Coldplay a guilty pleasure? I should add that one to my list as well then. 

I love speeding as well but I am too afraid for flashers. I should really instal Flitzmeister...

Another one I should add to my list: I love Hardstyle/Hardcore. Y'know, the 150+ bass per minute Electronic Dance Music. The genre skinheads and XTC is associated with (but never done it and never planning to do so). I am more of the more euphoric side, though. Love tracks like this and this.

Also, how fitting name you got then @ZombiesAteMyPizza!. Guess you're a real fan and you made my hungry to one now. My personal favourites are those including seafood and fungi, but I am fund on them all (even those including Pineapple)

I’m a sucker for lame daytime talk-shows, especially like Dr Phil and Steve Wilkos. Also police interrogation tapes. I think I’m just fascinated by the psychology of liars. There’s a youtube channel called Jim Can’t Swim, all about breaking down police interrogations and stuff. His Patreon also contains the more graphic stories that youtube removed. Very binge-worthy. 

I listen to video game, tv, and movie scores about as often as I do other music. For me music doubles as a visual medium, so my favorite songs I always associate with a specific scene or a trailer, and I think about ways the song would fit with other scenes, especially with the Storybook. So it works just as well with scores. The track I keep listening to is “Portals” from the Avengers Endgame soundtrack because it reminds me how happy I was at “That” scene.

I also have full conversations with my dog even though A. He doesn’t understand or talk back and B. He’s old and can barely hear anything at all.

In the realm of food, I love grilled cheese sandwiches with ketchup. Been eating them that way since I was a kid and there is nothing like it. I also was going to say pineapple on pizza, but fuck it I don’t feel guilt about it at all.

Donor
5 hours ago, Lenne said:

@ZombiesAteMyPizza! what is your go to Pizza by the way? And what do you think of pineapple on them? (I can't believe, it took me this long to ask you this. haha

Loads of meat and a BBQ sauce base, soooooooo good 🍕Yours?

Pineapple does NOT belong on pizza btw, vile 🤮

1 hour ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Pineapple does NOT belong on pizza btw, vile 🤮

First of all: How dare you?

Donor
2 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

First of all: How dare you?

RightLeftCottontail-size_restricted.gif

i dont know what i expected arrested development GIF

11 hours ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Yours?

Tuna & Onion is my favorite most of the time and I gotta side with Rad on this one: Pineapple Pizza is a close 2nd. 🙈

Donor
6 hours ago, Lenne said:

Tuna & Onion is my favorite most of the time and I gotta side with Rad on this one: Pineapple Pizza is a close 2nd. 🙈

So, you like fish on pizza, AND you like pineapple on pizza??

I'm leaving this forum, you people are making me sick 🤮

Admin

My guilty pleasure is rocking out to Limp Bizkit, especially in the car. So if you ever pass a badass rockin out in the car, you know  das me.

spacer.png

Replying with memes all the time lol

I prefer to sleep without a pillow. Is that weird?

2 hours ago, anonymous said:

I prefer to sleep without a pillow. Is that weird?

Sometimes when the pillow options are terrible wherever I am sleeping, I do this.

I always have to sleep under my blanket no matter how hot it is.

I just got one of those weighted throw blankets to try out, it’s like a 4x6 feet blanket that weighs almost 20 pounds, and lemme tell ya it renders you almost comatose. Perfectly satisfies my Freudian desire to retreat back into the womb. 

Thats like 1.2 x 1.8 meters at 8 kilos for those who use non-freedom units

Call everyone brother 

Admin

Listening to movie orchestral music like Ivan Torrent's themes.

Eating meat lover's pizza almost every other day.

Having soda in the mini fridge at all times, only to drink it all when it hits midnight (night time soda tastes 100x better than in the daytime).

Playing YouTube videos in the background while I play Skyrim, but refusing to take time to actually watch them.

Listening to ASMR before I go to sleep.

Starting projects just to leave them mid-progress and then resume them when I'm bored (unfortunately).

Breathing.

3 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Breathing.

Unfortunately, I appear to exercise this very negative trait as well, as it might be one of my worst guilty pleasures.

I think the only real guilty pleasures I know about are in music.

...and half of them are just songs/artists I don’t think I would normally listen to. Like Childish Gambino. Or like half of the Spiderverse soundtrack. Or literally every Destiny soundtrack and most other soundtracks like it.