E3 2019

Lenne

• Moderators

Hello everyone, it is june and you know what that means, besides this unbearable heat, it is time for E3! So anything you are looking out for, be it specific games, presentations or memes?

Truth be told I am not that excited for this year, cause my boys over at Sony aren't around, but I am still curious to see some announcement of the new Xbox whatever it may be called, but other than that I dunno.

Share your thoughts and have a good time watching the streams. ❤️

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched everything and I gotta say... solid?

I'm thinking of making a post for my thoughts on the whole thing, but for a TLDR version:

EA: Forgettable. I didn't even know it happened until it was already over. Literally only Jedi: Fallen Order is worthwhile. Three hours for six games is a waste of my time and whoever made the 19-minute version of EA Play is a god among men.

Xbox: Promising, but not a perfect conference. Too little "big" games, so you can imagine there's less zing there. Plus, I hate Gears. Plenty of interesting indies, Game Pass Ultimate is a great deal, the controller looks nice, Halo's a visual orgasm, Elden Ring is... okay I guess. Honestly, the partnership with Double Fine and Psychonauts 2 being a thing is nice. Keanu Reeves and Cyberpunk is a good thing too. Solid conference.

(BUT OH MY GOD, LEGO STAR WARS AND TALES OF ARISE MAN. HOLY FUCK. DID I MENTION CYBERPUNK? CYBERPUNK.)

Bethesda: Dumpster fire. I didn't want them to focus on Blades or Fallout 76 too much, and yet they came first. Everything that could have been bad for it went bad. Overall a shit conference. You can't spell Bethesda without EA anymore, and it's a shame to see where they're at as of these days. That said: Deathloop, Doom: Eternal, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, and Ghostwire: Tokyo are promising games. The lady who presented Ghostwire's my new waifu.

Devolver Digital: People don't often watch Devolver, and that's honestly disappointing, because they seem to have fun doing some of their "conferences". All indie stuff, of course. Give or take. But it's a fun thing. Promising number of indies from them. Fall Guys might be one of my favorite looking games from it. Carrion's neat too. Overall, good.

PC Gaming Show: Glad to say, I was surprised how well the conference went. There were a lot of interesting games to this one. Added, we got Zombie Army 4: Dead War, so... yeah, it was a good conference. Lots of neat games to this, too, like... Midnight Ghost Hunt, Vampire: The Masquerade, Valfaris, Genesis Noir (ohhhh Genesis Noir...), CrisTales, and Remnant: From The Ashes, just to name a few.

Ubisoft: Honestly, I was disappointed. Ubisoft usually has okay conferences, but this one just wasn't for me. Of course, this conference did manage to turn my disinterest in Watch Dogs: Legion into a vested interest, and... Jon Bernthal's in Ghost Recon, I guess? Honestly, whatever.

KF Games Showcase: Another conference not a lot of people really know about is the one Kinda Funny does. Not a big one, understandably. Same vein as the PC Gaming Show. Made of indies, and all look good.

Square Enix: Probably my second favorite conference this year! This was really good. Square absolutely flexed on their JRPGs, and... that was frankly good. Having not played the original Final Fantasy VII, I'm absolutely sold on its remake... and XV, ironically. I gotta play these games. Avengers was a bit overhyped, but the game looks really good. I honestly can't wait to play it. Overall, a great conference.

Nintendo: No questions here. This was perhaps the best conference. That's not even an opinion, more than it is objective fact. So many good games were shown, and it honestly surprised me how good the whole Direct was. I'm stoked for the remake of Link's Awakening, and HYPED AS FUCK for No More Heroes III. Not to mention some of their other games, like Empire of Sin, Astral Chain, and Daemon X Machina. It honestly all looks fantastic. Banjo in Smash, too? I need to buy myself a goddamn Switch. Breath of the Wild's getting a sequel too. Just... I dunno. I could scream about how goddamn fantastic the Direct was.

• Moderators

I only was able to watch the Microsoft conference, the pc show and Ubisoft.

Way too many cinematic trailers, I mean not to be a party pooper here, but have we ever even seen proper gameplay from Cyberpunk?

The only newly announced games, which I am looking forward to, are Zombie Army 4, a tiny bit of Watch Dogs and I guess the Lego Star Wars game. Other things I enjoyed, which already were announced are FF VII and Doom Eternal, but other than that I gotta say this years games weren't my cup of tea for the most part, but I enjoyed watching the conferences. So it is all good.

Next year should be better though. Hopefully with Sony in the mix again as well, so we can have the good ol' d*ck measuring contest. ?

Oh and Nintendo? Ehhhh... BOTW get's a sequel before we get a proper Mario Kart for the switch? Not happy about that.

Archived