• Moderators

Bildergebnis für call of duty modern warfare

So the new CoD has been announced for 2019 and despite all expectations and "leaks" it is going to be a reboot of the Modern Warfare series.

Since I have some time to kill I decided to dump all the information we have about the new game.

The basics

Modern Warfare, which will be developed by Infinity Ward, is going to release for PC, PS4 and Xbox one on the 25th Ocotber. The PC version is going to be available via Battle.net and it is going to be developed by Beenox.

The modes

There will be three modes: The campaign will neither be a sequel or a prequel it will be a reboot of the subfranchise which started 12 years ago. It will take place in Europe and the middle east. There will also be various playable characters/and soldiers from all sides, which should also blur the line between good and bad. That is the theme Infinity Ward is going for this year. Many missions will be gut-wrenching like the "No Russian" mission back in MW2 which created a lot of buzz back in the day.

Multiplayer will have cross play enabled how exactly it will work and how the restrictions are going to be will be anounced at a later date. All post launch maps will be free. There will some sort of backstory for each character you get to play as in the multiplayer.

Co-Op will not be a zombies mode and will tie into the campaign.

Miscellaneous

A new engine which has been in developement for a number of years by Infinity ward will be used for this game and most likely for future CoD titles as well.

There still seems to be some kind of timed exclusivity for the Sony consoles, which most likely means the PS4 will get the new content first.

There hasn't been any official word on a Battle Royal game mode for this game, which could mean that Blackout will be supported by Treyarch until the next title from them.

Level progression will be shared across all modes..

Captain Price will have a new voice actor. ;_;

--------------------------

How do you fine folks feel about this game? Truth be told they got me with the new engine and the new co op game mode and the campaign should be interesting as well, but other than that I am still on the fence. I am definitely interested now though.

❤️

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great write up Lenne.

I’m very excited for this as Modern Warfare has always been my favourite Call of Duty Game for the  Campaign and MP, obviously Treyarch are my favourites for Zombies.

I was a little disappointed to hear the original voice actor wasn’t returning for Capt Price, but I know I will get over it, I’m very very pumped for this game.

It's definitely interesting. Personally Modern Warfare was the first Call Of Duty game I have played. Although BO1 was the game that really got me into COD (mainly cause of zombies), Modern Warfare has one of the best campaigns in my opinion and multiplayer maps were fun and memorable to me. 

I like how the new game is not gonna be an exact remake (Duh we already got that). And I like how apparently DLC will be free? (Which is pretty surprising). Though it does raise the concern of a major focus on micro transactions. But I hope that's not the case.

Man, I’ve been on some Modern Warfare nostalgia binge in my brain since this game has been announced. Lack of Zombies is actually a good thing for a once, I think a break will do the community well. It’ll definitely be cool to see Price, and Soap and Ghost (I’m assuming they’ll be a part of the game too) But man, getting used to Price’s new voice actor is gonna be tough. ?

• Moderators
On 6/2/2019 at 4:25 PM, Spider said:

Great write up Lenne.

I’m very excited for this as Modern Warfare has always been my favourite Call of Duty Game for the  Campaign and MP, obviously Treyarch are my favourites for Zombies.

I was a little disappointed to hear the original voice actor wasn’t returning for Capt Price, but I know I will get over it, I’m very very pumped for this game.

Thank you, Spider. Though I am curious, how you would rate the 3 games so far. CoD4 was pretty great in both regards, but for me MW2's mp was way too over the top and MW3 was mediocre for me. Though the shotguns were sick as hell. haha Oh and The spec ops modes in 2 and 3 were so much fun.

18 hours ago, jiipee95 said:

It's definitely interesting. Personally Modern Warfare was the first Call Of Duty game I have played. Although BO1 was the game that really got me into COD (mainly cause of zombies), Modern Warfare has one of the best campaigns in my opinion and multiplayer maps were fun and memorable to me. 

I like how the new game is not gonna be an exact remake (Duh we already got that). And I like how apparently DLC will be free? (Which is pretty surprising). Though it does raise the concern of a major focus on micro transactions. But I hope that's not the case.

Yeah Strike, Crash and Backlot or top tier mp maps. I also hope it wont be too cluttered with the CoD point BS, but I think it will be bad, but hey, at least the maps will be free.

14 hours ago, Spider3000 said:

Man, I’ve been on some Modern Warfare nostalgia binge in my brain since this game has been announced. Lack of Zombies is actually a good thing for a once, I think a break will do the community well. It’ll definitely be cool to see Price, and Soap and Ghost (I’m assuming they’ll be a part of the game too) But man, getting used to Price’s new voice actor is gonna be tough. ?

I wholeheartedly agree. It is good the franchise doesn't include zombies this time around, I have my fingers crossed for some great spec ops missions. 

8 hours ago, Lenne said:

Thank you, Spider. Though I am curious, how you would rate the 3 games so far. CoD4 was pretty great in both regards, but for me MW2's mp was way too over the top and MW3 was mediocre for me. Though the shotguns were sick as hell. haha Oh and The spec ops modes in 2 and 3 were so much fun.

You’re really putting me on the spot here Lenne haha. Might as well be picking my favourite children. I’ve been playing a lot of COD 4 Remastered recently, and damn I really miss the simplicity of those earlier games. You’re definitely right about MW2 being over the top, but the campaign has some of my favourite moments from any video game. As an overall product, I think COD 4 is the clear winner for me. (But I do still have very fond memories of survival in MW3.)

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Spider3000 said:

You’re really putting me on the spot here Lenne haha. Might as well be picking my favourite children. I’ve been playing a lot of COD 4 Remastered recently, and damn I really miss the simplicity of those earlier games. You’re definitely right about MW2 being over the top, but the campaign has some of my favourite moments from any video game. As an overall product, I think COD 4 is the clear winner for me. (But I do still have very fond memories of survival in MW3.)

Whoopsie, that question was actually meant for the green Spider. haha But regardless thank you for the input.

The simplicity is definitely one of the key factors of the original Modern Warfare, but it also had some quirky things like martydom, which from a personal perspective is complete BS, but it spiced things up. Point is, MW had the right balance, if you ask me.

Yes, the campaign in MW2 is probably my favorite campaign out of all the CoDs IW did.

Thank you for reminding me of the survival mode in MW3. I loved how you could play on all the mp maps. I even was among the best 7000 on the leaderboards on either Carbon or Hardhat. ^.^ But still, I was way too busy playing Black Ops zombies, to fully appreciate the survival mode of MW3 back then.

6 hours ago, Lenne said:

Whoopsie, that question was actually meant for the green Spider. haha But regardless thank you for the input.

The simplicity is definitely one of the key factors of the original Modern Warfare, but it also had some quirky things like martydom, which from a personal perspective is complete BS, but it spiced things up. Point is, MW had the right balance, if you ask me.

Yes, the campaign in MW2 is probably my favorite campaign out of all the CoDs IW did.

Thank you for reminding me of the survival mode in MW3. I loved how you could play on all the mp maps. I even was among the best 7000 on the leaderboards on either Carbon or Hardhat. ^.^ But still, I was way too busy playing Black Ops zombies, to fully appreciate the survival mode of MW3 back then.

Whoops, my bad! I personally would really like to see Survival return. I think if they bring it back under the right conditions, with a lot more depth it could have the potential to rival Treyarch Zombies for its fun factor.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Spider3000 said:

Whoops, my bad! I personally would really like to see Survival return. I think if they bring it back under the right conditions, with a lot more depth it could have the potential to rival Treyarch Zombies for its fun factor.

I agree, cause, at least for me, a breath of fresh air is certainly needed. We've had zombies since 2015 without a single break. Something new (or old with a new spin on it) would be nice.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

As someone who has never really played more than a few hours of any MW title, I am excited to say that this one looks extremely captivating. who knows? Might even kickstart me into finishing MW! 

At any rate, the MP and campaign look KILLER. I am hyped for a deep, challenging campaign. 

• Moderators

So after the trailer droped and the stream has been streamed etc. How do y'all feel about the game? Personally I think I am still on the fence. Just gonna wait what spec ops will have to offer and if that looks as good as the rest, I might gonna get the game sometime down the line, maybe when it is on sale.

Also: While the free maps are nice, I am dreading the microtransactions...

Hunterooo you should really try to finish the campaign(s) MW2's campaign is some really good stuff. ?

Archived