The Third Ludvig Maxis

RadZakpak

• Moderators

So we all know who Ludvig Maxis is. Like many characters there are multiple versions of him, but universally he is a German scientist and the founder of Group 935. We all know about the Original Timeline Dr. Maxis, Samantha's father who is the sworn enemy of Dr. Richtofen. This Maxis goes on to die and become part of Griffin Station's electronics, launches rockets at the Earth, leads confused masses during the apocalypse including Victis, and ultimately dooms the Earth before being wiped from existence by Monty.

The second most important Maxis is the one of Dimension 63. He never had a child, but was a father figure of sorts to Dr. Richtofen. He would go on to hear Samantha calling to him, be attached by a zombies, and have his brain sent to the House and placed into a new body by Monty.  After Revelations, he was sucked into the Summoning Key never to be seen again.

However, there is a third most important Maxis that I haven't really seen people talk about much before. I would like to connect some threads to paint a picture of this version of Maxis' importance to the storyline.

So where is the Third Maxis from exactly? The Agonia Fracture.

First let's establish what exactly happens in the Agonia Fracture of the Original Timeline. In early 1943, Group 935 and Division 9 collaborate to create Dragons to be used on the Eastern Front. In February, Doctor Maxis kills Sophia after she is attacked by Subject two-six, and places her mind in SOPHIA, the artificial intelligence we see in Gorod Krovi.

Now, a quote from SOPHIA in Gorod Krovi in particular stands out to me:

"Maxis told me he had a plan. He said Broken Arrow showed him how to open up new worlds. It has been so long...I miss him."

Broken Arrow?! Wait, hold up, the Broken Arrow from the 1960s? Let's set that aside for a moment though. She says at the end, "It has been so long... I miss him."

So between her creation in February, placement in Stalingrad, and then Gorod Krovi in November, what happened to Dr. Maxis? What was he doing in that time? Creating Zero Base of course:

maxresdefault.jpg

From the timeline: 

• Having observed Monty for some time, Maxis uses the Teleporter in the basement of the House to study and explore other dimensions. Among them is the Empty Earth, where an alternate Maxis had constructed Zero Base, a facility that houses artifacts and replicas collected from a multitude of different timelines. However, his attempts to manipulate The Empty Earth created a reality too fragile to be sustained.

Given we know the Agonia Maxis was shown how to travel through dimension by Broken Arrow and he has been away for some time, plus the fact the comics were being written and releasing at the time of Gorod Krovi, it is safe to assume that Agonia Maxis is the one who created Zero Base and collected items such as the Kronorium. This would explain a lot of Sophia's knowledge about dimensions in Revelations.

So what happened to him afterwards? Well, he could have returned to the Agonia fracture. Or quite possibly, he was removed from existence by Dr. Monty due to his meddling as well as the fact he had a Maxis already in the house.

Maxis' absence may also explain these two facts about the Agonia Fracture:

- The zombies' eyes are red. Because Samantha will never enter the MPD at any point, the zombies' eyes do not become orange.

- The existence of Griffin Station not being kept secret and Dr. Groph being a part of the battle of Stalingrad. In Gorod Krovi, Griffin Station can be seen on monitors on the map. This seems odd as the whole project was meant to be kept secret from Dr. Maxis. It seems he is no longer in the picture, and a different scientist may be in charge.

Aside from all that, there is one more proposal I would like to make that does not have as much evidence but is fascinating to think about nonetheless. Remember how it was Broken Arrow that showed Maxis how to open gateways to other dimensions? That scientific organization created in the 1960s somehow contacted Maxis in 1943? Does this sound somewhat familiar to anyone else?

Nacht_der_Untote_Loading_Screen.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Once again a sharp analysis of a specific Story mystery, I like it!  There are actually so many things that could be said about this that I dont know where to start, haha. Sorry for this chaotic reply.

The Deceptio fracture, the one of TG and DE, is many times theorized to be originally the Original Timeline, but thanks for Primis killing Ultimis Richthofen, this 'Dimensional Split' was created. This is certainly not the case, as in The Giant, Group 935 was working on the Riese robots, while in the original Der Riese not. This Riese robot could actually be an argument for the Agonia Fracture being a 'Dimensional Split' of the Deceptio Fracture, if you can follow me there. Both Splits appear to have the giant metal men.

That Broken Arrow line is interesting. I am not merely thinking of how they reached Maxis, but also why? Those crates containing flags of communist nations could be a possibility that they wanted Maxis to continue assisting the Nazi warmachine, how contradicting this might sound, but to succeed in crafting the weapons used in the battle against the Soviets. Gorod Krovi is proof that the Germans and Russians slaughter each other, while the Western Allies (the Americans) could achieve victory in Europe, leaving the US as the sole superpower and thus, defeating the Soviet Union. This theory is a bit far off, though, as well as Broken Arrow's main reason of existence was not to win the Cold War, but to arm the world against Samantha. That NDU loading screen fits perfectly with your theory, by the way, as the yearnumbers seem to fit perfectly (Broken Arrow was already founded in 1964 and  Maxis was still alive in 1943).

Talking 'bout the souls. Lets assume the Quantum Soul Theory is correct, that would mean that any Fracture containing an Ultimis soul would exist because that soul is still alive. In the Agonia fracture, Nikolai's soul exists, while Takeo's, Richthofen's and Dempsey's physical body might be dead there already. Their souls live in other places: the Deceptio and Proditione fractures for example, where Nikolai might already be dead. Maxis's soul was taken out of reality after Buried by Monty, so every physical manifestation of him outside the Original Universe is soulless. Nikolai had a soul in the OU, untill the Agonia split was formed. Takeo had a soul in the OU, untill the Proditione split was formed. It seems like all real souls were present in the OU, before the universe began to fracture. If that is true, that would be a really interesting fact.

Also, that freezing clock in Der Riese. What does that mean? It happens when Richthofen teleports Maxis and Samantha away, why does that moment freeze in time?

6 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

In Gorod Krovi, Griffin Station can be seen on monitors on the map.

Didn't knew this as well. It is kinda odd, as Maxis was one of the few Group 935 scientists who was for assisting the Wehrmacht. If his absence of this reality would be true, why would G935 continue helping the Nazi's? But yeah, SOPHIA being left behind and stuff all makes me think Maxis isn't there anymore. Interesting stuff, Rad, it sparks some weird ideas in my head now as well

• Moderators
8 hours ago, anonymous said:

Once again a sharp analysis of a specific Story mystery, I like it!  There are actually so many things that could be said about this that I dont know where to start, haha. Sorry for this chaotic reply.

The Deceptio fracture, the one of TG and DE, is many times theorized to be originally the Original Timeline, but thanks for Primis killing Ultimis Richthofen, this 'Dimensional Split' was created. This is certainly not the case, as in The Giant, Group 935 was working on the Riese robots, while in the original Der Riese not. This Riese robot could actually be an argument for the Agonia Fracture being a 'Dimensional Split' of the Deceptio Fracture, if you can follow me there. Both Splits appear to have the giant metal men.

That Broken Arrow line is interesting. I am not merely thinking of how they reached Maxis, but also why? Those crates containing flags of communist nations could be a possibility that they wanted Maxis to continue assisting the Nazi warmachine, how contradicting this might sound, but to succeed in crafting the weapons used in the battle against the Soviets. Gorod Krovi is proof that the Germans and Russians slaughter each other, while the Western Allies (the Americans) could achieve victory in Europe, leaving the US as the sole superpower and thus, defeating the Soviet Union. This theory is a bit far off, though, as well as Broken Arrow's main reason of existence was not to win the Cold War, but to arm the world against Samantha. That NDU loading screen fits perfectly with your theory, by the way, as the yearnumbers seem to fit perfectly (Broken Arrow was already founded in 1964 and  Maxis was still alive in 1943).

Talking 'bout the souls. Lets assume the Quantum Soul Theory is correct, that would mean that any Fracture containing an Ultimis soul would exist because that soul is still alive. In the Agonia fracture, Nikolai's soul exists, while Takeo's, Richthofen's and Dempsey's physical body might be dead there already. Their souls live in other places: the Deceptio and Proditione fractures for example, where Nikolai might already be dead. Maxis's soul was taken out of reality after Buried by Monty, so every physical manifestation of him outside the Original Universe is soulless. Nikolai had a soul in the OU, untill the Agonia split was formed. Takeo had a soul in the OU, untill the Proditione split was formed. It seems like all real souls were present in the OU, before the universe began to fracture. If that is true, that would be a really interesting fact.

Also, that freezing clock in Der Riese. What does that mean? It happens when Richthofen teleports Maxis and Samantha away, why does that moment freeze in time?

Didn't knew this as well. It is kinda odd, as Maxis was one of the few Group 935 scientists who was for assisting the Wehrmacht. If his absence of this reality would be true, why would G935 continue helping the Nazi's? But yeah, SOPHIA being left behind and stuff all makes me think Maxis isn't there anymore. Interesting stuff, Rad, it sparks some weird ideas in my head now as well

To quote the timeline specifically: 

As a zombie outbreak occurs, Primis Dempsey, Takeo and Nikolai confront ultimis Richtofen moments after he teleports Maxis and Samantha. As they try to reason with him to wake their counterparts, Primis Richtofen arrives through the teleporter and kills his ultimis self - triggering fractures across space-time. As Primis fights the undead, Group 935 secure the Dempsey subject and transport him to Der Eisendrache. Primis pursues them in a German Giant.”

It seems that the three fractures we experience are a direct result of Richtofen killing his other self. It’s totally possible that Richtofen may not have even existed in the Proditione or Agonia fractures. It is also interesting to remember that Richtofen’s soul is already in the house from a completely different dimension. 

The clock freezing may be a result of the paradox of Richtofen killing himself and may be the exact moment the fractures are created. Think of the original timeline as the baseline, and all events are meant to go the same no matter where you look at it. I like to think of it like film in a VHS tape. But then Primis comes and alters a frame. This creates a rippling effect where several copies are made, and both the frames before and after are altered drastically. 

On 5/29/2019 at 12:46 PM, anonymous said:

1559205248-dereisendrache.jpg

The rest of Group 935 was able to learn about the alliance with Nazi Germany since 1939. In addition Groph proclaimed himself leader and said he wanted to win the war during Der Eisendrache.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Schrödinger said:

1559205248-dereisendrache.jpg

The rest of Group 935 was able to learn about the alliance with Nazi Germany since 1939. In addition Groph proclaimed himself leader and said he wanted to win the war during Der Eisendrache.

This is a good point, for all we know a majority of Group 935 supported Maxis’ decision and may actively support the war. It is just Richtofen who seemed indifferent towards it, and the people he recruited for Griffin Station just seem to have grievances with Maxis, for whatever reasons. Richtofen even seemed to support them in the end since he wore their uniform and pushed for his weapons to be mass-produced for them.

• Moderators
On 5/29/2019 at 9:01 PM, RadZakpak said:

As a zombie outbreak occurs, Primis Dempsey, Takeo and Nikolai confront ultimis Richtofen moments after he teleports Maxis and Samantha. As they try to reason with him to wake their counterparts, Primis Richtofen arrives through the teleporter and kills his ultimis self - triggering fractures across space-time. As Primis fights the undead, Group 935 secure the Dempsey subject and transport him to Der Eisendrache. Primis pursues them in a German Giant.”

It seems that the three fractures we experience are a direct result of Richtofen killing his other self. It’s totally possible that Richtofen may not have even existed in the Proditione or Agonia fractures. It is also interesting to remember that Richtofen’s soul is already in the house from a completely different dimension. 

The clock freezing may be a result of the paradox of Richtofen killing himself and may be the exact moment the fractures are created. Think of the original timeline as the baseline, and all events are meant to go the same no matter where you look at it. I like to think of it like film in a VHS tape. But then Primis comes and alters a frame. This creates a rippling effect where several copies are made, and both the frames before and after are altered drastically. 

Okay so the Giant was actually der Riese in the Original Universe, but killing Richthofen caused the fracturing and- among others- the pressence of the German Riese Robot. That's satisfying enough for me. 

The clock freezes in the original timeline as well, though, at another time. Why did the teleportation of Maxis and Sam cause this (at least, in TG)? Fractures were already created during MTD experimentation, right? Or was this the breaking point that caused objects to displace, and sounds to be heard through walls (near electronic signals). It's weird to think actually: With our ears we can perceive vibrations of particles (what we call sound) and with our eyes we are able to perceive various light-frequencies (what we call vision): How many other dimensions are there around us beyond our perception?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Okay so the Giant was actually der Riese in the Original Universe, but killing Richthofen caused the fracturing and- among others- the pressence of the German Riese Robot. That's satisfying enough for me. 

The clock freezes in the original timeline as well, though, at another time. Why did the teleportation of Maxis and Sam cause this (at least, in TG)? Fractures were already created during MTD experimentation, right? Or was this the breaking point that caused objects to displace, and sounds to be heard through walls (near electronic signals). It's weird to think actually: With our ears we can perceive vibrations of particles (what we call sound) and with our eyes we are able to perceive various light-frequencies (what we call vision): How many other dimensions are there around us beyond our perception?

Good point. Richtofen does not seem to respond to the flash after they teleported away so that may be just for the viewer to signify that by using the teleporter in the original timeline, immediately after the flash we experience a fracture. So everytime the teleporter is used, a fracture is created, we as the player just do not experience it.

Also, about the clock... there might be a rather lame explanation. Both times that we’ve seen the Der Riese clock stop working were immediately after a massive teleportation over a great distance with multiple people (From Shi No Numa to Der Riese with Ultimis, and from Der Riese to the Moon, the Crazy Place, and the Aether with Sam, Maxis, and Fluffy.) 

Could the clock going out not just signify the massive surge in power required to teleport that much that far? In both The Giant and Der Riese the power is out after the teleportation. The clock coinciding with the flash could just be a symbolic thing.

Though, the fact that Richtofen is able to teleport his other self immediately after says to me that maybe the power isn’t necessarily knocked out, but a power surge may have shorted out the clock.

• Moderators

It's a good explaination, though, the Eclipse stands still in the sky as well, which rather seems to hint to some sort of 'frozen time'. However, in the fractures (and OG Universe, where clock & Eclipse stand still as well) time just passes by: Day becomes night and 1945 is followed by 1946). The odd thing is that the Eclipse is there on 13 October 1945 (in TG) and on 14 October 1945 (in DR). Of course, in the Original Timeline Primis Richthofen never interrupted but still, the Eclipse would be there one day too early. Its like, even if The Giant never happened, the Eclipse/time still would freeze on October 13th, till at least October 14th.

Somehow this Eclipse let me think of Shangri La. Here, either the natives or the Vril Ya have developed a system that makes that temple complex travel back in time to an era where there is an Eclipse (which activates the Mercury Vortex System that enables the Vimañas the float and leave Earth's atmosphere). Could the frozen Eclipse in Der Riese, just like in Shangri La, be local? That somehow the 935 facility is stuck in time, in opposition to all of the Earth around. If that's the case, it would still not explain the clock time difference between TG and DR, though. 

Archived