2XP Weekend! Who's grinding and what strats are you using?

I've recently moved from PC to PS4, so I've got some levelling up to do. I've taken to doing the Ethereal Razor/Golden Spork strat. If you get to about round 50 twice with it during 2XP then that's a full prestige in about 3 hours.

The strat stops working so well at 50+ and you start getting battered up by the zombies especially at 60+, I've never camped to 70 with it. I choose this strat in particular though cause I can do the setup in about 20 minutes, then set my Hori 4 FPS pad to auto-turbo and then just let it keep slashing away while I go AFK for an hour ?

I'm prestige 3 now, so I'm gonna need to do 16 games which is gonna mean about 24-25 hours of gameplay with 2XP. Gonna try and grind it out this weekend! Does help that I can AFK a lot of it as I said.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Lenne said:

So I take the blue screen/crashing days are over, @ZombiesAteMyPizza!? I thought about playing some zombies this week, but haven't had a chance, but 2xp and no crashes?! Well then I definitely play some zombs.

You are a filthy cheat though! ? (Just kidding)

Yeah bro they're definitely gone thankfully, not heard any bluescreen complaints from anybody for months now and didn't get any on my AE 100 run.

Could be worse, I could have glitched :mrgreen: Apparently you can get your rank reset if you get caught glitching for XP, I'm certain they can't do anything about using a turbo controller though!

• Moderators
3 hours ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Yeah bro they're definitely gone thankfully, not heard any bluescreen complaints from anybody for months now and didn't get any on my AE 100 run.

Could be worse, I could have glitched :mrgreen: Apparently you can get your rank reset if you get caught glitching for XP, I'm certain they can't do anything about using a turbo controller though!

That is actually great. I really feared it was something "unfixible".

While we are at it though, what is a turbo controller? I know I could google, but actually writing with folks is more fun.

Oh and on your question, I will probably just kite around til round 50, cause I am stuck in 2010. haha 

❤️

2 hours ago, Lenne said:

That is actually great. I really feared it was something "unfixible".

While we are at it though, what is a turbo controller? I know I could google, but actually writing with folks is more fun.

Oh and on your question, I will probably just kite around til round 50, cause I am stuck in 2010. haha 

❤️

Yeah, BO4 is great now despite an extremely rocky start that almost made me delete the game and never browse another forum. Last two DLCs have been great and the high rounds issues seem to be totally fixed, people have had 200+ games now so yeah lol.

A controller with a turbo-fire (basically auto-button-mash) feature. I'm using a Hori 4 FPS on PS4, great controller - Xbox style layout which I prefer, and it's got button reassign and turbo-fire features. So basically, most of the buttons can be set to either semi or fully auto turbo-fire, and to sit in a corner and basically have the controller just repeatedly melee for you without you touching it, I change the button layout to Tactical in the options menu so that the Circle button becomes melee, then set the controller to mash the Circle button on the controller. Winning, Treyarch's fault for making the OP melee perk ?

Trying out another strategy now, basically sitting in the corner of the small box room in the Morgue on Classified on casual mode with the Bowie knife and Ethereal. On round 60 with it atm and it seems really safe, if it keeps working then it'll be my favourite cause as I said, with the BOTD one you have to do 2 games with 2XP or 3 games without it where you'll probably never make it to round 70 with it, whereas with this it's looking like you can just go forever, 10 minute setup and then you can walk away with a turbo-fire controller, does seem like it might take about 4 hours to do a full prestige which isn't the fastest method but again, not actually doing anything and can just set it up in about 10 minutes and then go about your day and leave it running, so bigger picture it's more time effective than anything else!

Welp, just got done doing a full prestige basically AFK ? As said above, camped the small box room in the Morgue on Classified. Ethereal and bowie knife on casual. Used an auto-fire controller to auto-melee over and over and left the game running, kept an eye on things just to see how it was going. It's not 100% safe, but almost. The game went until round 91 before I hit max level and I used just two Dying Wishes, didn't actually go down, so basically you can possibly get screwed over but chances are you'll be fine. Took 3 hrs 46 mins overall.

I think for the rest of the weekend I'm going to do what I did with my previous prestige, do the BOTD spork strat for one game which should get me to rank 40+, then do the Classified strat to get me the rest of the way. Takes about 3 hours that way and it means I don't have to do two tedious BOTD setups for one prestige lol. If I become unexpectedly busy though then I'll just do the quick Classified setup and then leave it be while I go about my business.

Archived