Ear buds or headphones?  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guten Abend.

So a little bit of context: I do these monthly trips to the biggest city, which is near to where I live and the last time I went there, I decided to buy some proper headphones and so far I am a happy user of those, but now I got invited by a friend to have a chat with her in said city, which means, I gotta go the train station in my town and then I gotta go to the location in which we meet, which means a bunch of folks will cross path with me and most likely will look at me, cause of me walking funny, them hearing my thoughts and potentially wanting to steal my spleen.

Now to my question: Should I wear my earbuds to minimize the folks starring at me, or should I just go all YOLO on them fools and don't give a crap? 

I just need my tunes man...

Also which do you walk around with and which do you prefer in general?

Can you imagine how much I'd be trippin, if I were to face real problems?

Love all of you! Especially you

Well over here in big cities, espessially when there live alot of students, headphones are common, both in public transport as on streets. Music quality is also better.

Personally I find it look a bit asocial but then again Im just a country man hardly visiting cities untill I got to live in one a half year ago. Never saw headphones on streets erlier but in cities it is very common, espessially for people around 20-30. So I would say just fack 'em all. (Though when visiting your friend, you must be able to keep it somewhere and since a headphone doesn't fit in your pocket, you must wear a bag as well. Wearing it over your shoulders when being with your friends seems a bit odd to me.

Have a great day with your friend! Hope weather will be just as good as it was today (here, at least, fucking solar bathing in 20 C and BBQ. In february! Musquitos come already.). And try to stop wanting to make others feel comportable and think about others opinions and thoughts, and simply turn off your mind and enjoy the day yourself.

And if you are really think people look to you and find you weird, just remember cities have countless weirdos, and no one cares about you (in the good way :)) Even if they do, dont care about their carings ❤️

I say you do you! Go with headphones, and don’t let anyone else dictate your life! That said, I prefer headphones because to me they are more immersive and easier to transport.

11 hours ago, anonymous said:

Though when visiting your friend, you must be able to keep it somewhere and since a headphone doesn't fit in your pocket, you must wear a bag as well.

I always have my backpack with me, so that should not be a problem.

11 hours ago, anonymous said:

And try to stop wanting to make others feel comportable and think about others opinions and thoughts, and simply turn off your mind

That is the struggle, but I'll try my best.

11 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

I say you do you! Go with headphones, and don’t let anyone else dictate your life! That said, I prefer headphones because to me they are more immersive and easier to transport.

That seals the deal, I'll go with headphones. Yeah I never had proper headphones and just used ear buds for my whole music listening life and a bit with my Headset, but those aren't as high quality as what I have now. Most of the zombies songs are at least twice as good when you hear all the little details. 😄

And thank you Anon, it will hopefully be a glorious day. Haven't seen her since August last year. I'll travel this friday, so you can expect a "report" afterwards.

I also kinda knew that both of you would reply first. I appreciate that a lot.

❤️ 

3 hours ago, Schrödinger said:

Headphones are not compatible with summer and long hair.

Luckily I don't have long hair though.

I didn't buy wireless headphones cause I am afraid of them exploding when the weather get's hotter. So I can relate to 50% of your post. xP 

Edit: But I think you were rather refering to the ears sweating and what not, but if you are also scared of the batteries exploding then high five to you.

On 2/27/2019 at 9:48 AM, Lenne said:

That is the struggle, but I'll try my best.

I know. Trying your best is all you can do, though that characterism is in essence a very good one. If there were only Lenne's controlling the world, there would be no war, poverty and narcism. 

Just stay yourself. Pretending to be someone that isn't you is the worst thing a human can do to itself and others, believe me. Im thankfull you are who you are, and you should be so too. Great day!

On 2/28/2019 at 12:44 PM, anonymous said:

If there were only Lenne's controlling the world

It'd be fucked, mate. haha But thank you for the kind words.

So it was rainy, which is why I decided to go with the ear buds. But I started to notice during the train ride and being in the city, that so many people walk around with proper headphones. So the next time, when the weather is playing along I will certainly do the headphones, I was just a bit too scared they could break due to the rain.

Other than that though it was a great day aside from the paranoia during the train rides, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. ❤️