Black Ops 4 Zombies: An Online ONLY Experience...

twistedsith

(Black Ops 4, Zombies, PS4)

I've noticed a scary trend in gaming over the last decade...

First time I noticed this trend was when I couldn't play the Battlefield (3 or 4, can't remember) SINGLE PLAYER campaign because I wasn't connected to EA servers...

Unfortunetly, it seems Activision has followed the trend.

I really wish we could play zombies single player while offline and still earn and unlock things, and progress in levels. I can't imagine any reason why the game can't, at the very least, store our progress from offline games to be uploaded later when we connect!

I got the game a few months after launch, so it seems I was spared the worst of the bugs and glitches. (i've only ever "blue screened" once since buying the game on Christmas) but I fear what may eventually happen:

I am in round 65, i've maxed out many weapons and gotten thousands of headshots...suddenly I see: "Internet Connection Lost" some potential issue with Activision, PSN, or simply my own WIFI or electricity!

What happens then? Do I just lose my hours of work from my current game??

This has not happened so far, but I chalk that up to "lucky me..."

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
19 minutes ago, twistedsith said:

What happens then?

Let's say you get disconnected or crash at 52. All your progress is still safe from up to 50. Kinda like invisible checkpoints at least every 10 rounds.

But I agree always online junk blows eggs.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:39 PM, Lenne said:

Let's say you get disconnected or crash at 52. All your progress is still safe from up to 50. Kinda like invisible checkpoints at least every 10 rounds.

But I agree always online junk blows eggs.

I'm curious, how do you know this? Did Treyarch announce that or did you do some testing?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, twistedsith said:

I'm curious, how do you know this? Did Treyarch announce that or did you do some testing?

It was on my first high round Blood of the dead game, I originally went in to get to round 50, but decided to play until I die, but then it crashed somewhere between 55 and 50 I turned the game back on and saw that I was at 50 for blood on the leaderboard, even though I haven't reached 50 before. So I just put 2 and 2 together.

Treyarch get's a lot of shit, but at least they did that right this season. haha

Archived