I'm posting my thoughts on running trains and opening the map. But, I suck at bo4, so I'd welcome any advice or better training strategies, if anyone has anything to offer.

One can easily run the whole ship, but by playing it safe, one uses lots of ammo to kill 1 or a few zombies, so I usually play it up close and hectic and die mid 30s rounds while trying to merc whole crowds similar to the older zombie games played. 

(I usually run counter-clockwise due to giant hands and small controllers. It's just easier for me to push the 2 tiny sticks together).

Stokers can fire homing missiles through any basic white walls of the ship (at least on xb1). The missiles seem to be stopped by any other surface, like pictures, railings, trim, any brown walls, et cetera.

#######

Forecastle: I keep the 2 lower doors closed (to State Rooms). I open State Rooms from the Grand Staircase (only for the Shield Part), behind the Swordfish wallbuy. This also opens Millionaire Suites to State Rooms, 1 level down on the Staircase. With those Forecastle-to-State Rooms doors closed, Forecastle is fairly easy to run.

Basically I group them up on the Perk deck, often going under the Starboard side steps (near State Rooms door), then I run up the other Starboard steps to the front of Forecastle, and wreck them on the steps as they group up to come up. I cross the top, and jump over the zombies coming up the other steps by the perk. Repeat as needed.

#######

Dining Hall and Grand Staircase: I open from Grand Staircase to Dining Hall, and I leave the Galley steps closed (I'm not sure that that part matters).

I group them in Dining Hall, then I enter the Staircase area and headshot at doorway, move around corner past Staircase (in front of steps), headshot more. Then I head towards Galley, headshot by perk. Repeat. This is fairly easy. (Stokers fire missiles through white central walls, be wary).

#######

Poop Deck: After running several paths, I find the steps on either side of the Workbench to be fairly safe. I go up the starboard side, come down the port side (by Workbench). Then I'll either go across the lower deck of Poop Deck, or I'll cut into the top of Third Class Berths, and come back out heading to the starboard side steps again. I don't find the PaP area to be very safe, so I avoid that. (Stokers fire missiles through white walls of 3rd class berths, be wary).

#######

Grand Staircase alone: Ive left the Dining Hall doors closed, and ran around (front and back) the Grand Staircase on this level. It is a bit hectic.

Dining Hall alone: With the Grand Staircase door to Dining Hall closed, I have run the Dining hall with some success. Open from Galley/Mid Ships deck.

Both of these are less than the Grand Staircase and Dining Hall together, in my opinion.

#######

Mid Ships: This gets too hectic for me, I've not had much luck.

Cargo Hold: This is terrifying. I can run real dangerous tight circles, but it is madness to attempt. This would probably be a decent 4 player camp spot as I think no zombs come from the portal side of the room.

Engine Room: This stresses me out, yet does not seem to be too hard. The issue is turning to fire, only to catch on something or have a zombie appear behind you. I haven't given it too much attention because I don't feel comfortable with this. Camping near the portal (and PaP location) is not bad, with the portal as escape. Camping would be better with 2 or 4 players, so you can watch both sides.

#######

Try these out, or offer me some pro tips, or just read and move on. Either way, happy gaming! 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Lenne said:

I only do the poop deck pap area. I don't feel comfortable anywhere else.

Check out the Grand Staircase/Dining Hall combo. So much room there. I find Forecastle easier too. Both are further from the Shield though.

Both are good spots for a key perk if you get downed too. Like Quick Revive for those faster heals.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, 83457 said:

Check out the Grand Staircase/Dining Hall combo. So much room there. I find Forecastle easier too. Both are further from the Shield though.

Both are good spots for a key perk if you get downed too. Like Quick Revive for those faster heals.

And how is fighting with the blight father in there?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 9:04 AM, Lenne said:

And how is fighting with the blight father in there?

Not bad at all. There is so much room here. I can usually circle the zombs and rush past BF and then just concentrate on taking him down. Also, by basically circling, he doesn't barf on anything of value except that 1 perk machine.

Archived