VOIP in Blackout...

twistedsith

I'm playing Blackout on PS4.

I've never played PUBG, but i've watched lots of footage online. It seems that when you are in close proximity to other players in game, your microphones become communicative.

Is this also the case in Blackout? Specifically i'm asking about Solo mode.

It's important to know if it is, because this can be a game changer if an enemy is muted and I am not. They would know I was nearby as a sort of "early warning" sign...

My current mic/headset does not have the ability to mute itself. My only option for doing so would be to join my own private PSN party chat each time I wanted to play the game with my mic/headset, which is often! Having earbuds in is crucial to hearing enemy movements, so I definetly want to keep playing with the mic/headset on...

Thanks for the info, everyone.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
5 hours ago, twistedsith said:

I'm playing Blackout on PS4.

I've never played PUBG, but i've watched lots of footage online. It seems that when you are in close proximity to other players in game, your microphones become communicative.

Is this also the case in Blackout? Specifically i'm asking about Solo mode.

It's important to know if it is, because this can be a game changer if an enemy is muted and I am not. They would know I was nearby as a sort of "early warning" sign...

My current mic/headset does not have the ability to mute itself. My only option for doing so would be to join my own private PSN party chat each time I wanted to play the game with my mic/headset, which is often! Having earbuds in is crucial to hearing enemy movements, so I definetly want to keep playing with the mic/headset on...

Thanks for the info, everyone.

I believe so, yes. I only play solo but I have heard weird noises through my headset only to find they are from another player’s mic.

Archived