Chaos Theory:

is a branch of mathematics focusing on the behavior of dynamical systems that are highly sensitive to initial conditions. "Chaos" is an interdisciplinary theory stating that within the apparent randomness of chaotic complex systems, there are underlying patterns, constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, self-organization, and reliance on programming at the initial point known as sensitive dependence on initial conditions. The butterfly effectdescribes how a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state.

Unlike fixed-point attractors and limit cycles, the attractors that arise from chaotic systems, known as strange attractors, have great detail and complexity. Strange attractors occur in both continuous dynamical systems (such as the Lorenz system) and in some discrete systems (such as the Hénon map). Other discrete dynamical systems have a repelling structure called a Julia set, which forms at the boundary between basins of attraction of fixed points. Julia sets can be thought of as strange repellers. Both strange attractors and Julia sets typically have a fractal structure, and the fractal dimension can be calculated for them.

5656D13F-99BA-4971-AF2A-7114E329C413.jpeg

Aristotle believed the four physical elements (Fire, Water, Earth, Air) were changeable, and Alchemist ran it from there.  

The belief was that metals were living, growing beings and could change into other substances. Metals were all composed of the four elements, but were in opposite stages of maturity during their journey to Spiritual Perfection.

The theory, then, was that by distilling a substance down to its elemental form and creating the perfect balance and proportions of the different elements, you could purify matter and transmute one substance into another. The ultimate goal was to turn immature base metals like lead into higher metals like gold by releasing their perfect state, or Quintessence.  

:PAUSE: Breathe. :RESUME:

One of the best-known European alchemists, the 16th-century Swiss physician Philippus Aureolus Paracelsus, called the aether element “the substance of stars and souls.”

Isaac Newton, a passionate Alchemist, described it as

the perfect Elixir ... our gold ... red virginal milk most fragrant and healthy.” In essence, it was a pure and perfect spirit concealed in all things—both chemically and spiritually.

The Alchemists’ quest for gold wasn’t just a technique of metal science. This was Christian Europe, and Alchemy became more than chemical it sought after the spiritual. Metals and Mortals.. Purification was an alchemists representation of humans striving to perfect the soul. Achieving gold was like knowing God. 

The Holy Grail of alchemy was the legendary Philosophers   Stone, which wasn’t a Stone at all. It was a misunderstood  substance that could isolate the pure essence of a material and change it into something else, namely gold. In the medicinal corners of alchemy, it was also known as the Elixir of Life, a universal cure that could bring eternal life.

the Stone was the physical representation of the concept of perfection, or Quintessence itself. In fact it was sometimes called the lapis aethereus, Latin for “Æthereal Stone.”

Let me tie in our lastest bit of storyline material given to us from Dead of The Night. “Prima Materia”

Michael_Maier_Atalanta_Fugiens_Emblem_36.jpeg

Prima Materia, materia prima or first matter, is the omnipresent starting material required for the alchemical magnum opus and the creation of the philosopher's stone. It is the primitive formless base of all matter similar to chaos, the Quintessence, or Æther.

Prima Materia is sometimes attributed to Aristotle.

It in fact was also an earlier idea that can be found in the philosophy of Anaxagoras, who described the nous in relation to Chaos.

(Empedocles' cosmogony is also relevant.)

According to Anaxagoras All things have existed in some way from the beginning, but originally they existed in infinitesimally small fragments of themselves, endless in number and inextricably combined throughout the universe. All things existed in this mass, but in a confused and indistinguishable form. There was an infinite number of homogeneous parts (ὁμοιομερῆ) as well as heterogeneous ones. The work of arrangement, the segregation of like from unlike and the summation of the whole into totals of the same name, was the work of Mind or Reason (νοῦς).

Mind is no less unlimited than the Chaotic mass, but it stood pure and independent, a thing of finer texture, alike in all its manifestations and everywhere the same. This subtle agent, possessed of all knowledge and power, is especially seen ruling in all the forms of life. Its first appearance, and the only manifestation of it which Anaxagoras describes, is Motion.

It gave distinctness and reality to the aggregates of like parts. Decease and growth represent a new aggregation (σὐγκρισις) and disruption (διάκρισις). However, the original intermixture of things is never wholly overcome. Each thing contains in itself parts of other things or heterogeneous elements, and is what it is, only on account of the preponderance of certain homogeneous parts which constitute its character. Out of this process arise the things we see in this world.

Arcane Alchemists describe the prima materia using simile, and compare it to concepts like the Anima Mundi.

Anima Mundi: according to several systems of thought, an intrinsic connection between all living things on the planet, which relates to our world in much the same way as the soul is connected to the human body. 

Plato adhered to this idea and it was an important component of most Neoplatonic systems: 

Therefore, we may consequently state that: this world is indeed a living being endowed with a soul and intelligence ... a single visible living entity containing all other living entities, which by their nature are all related

-Plato, Timaeus

Dead of The Nights Official Song includes our beloved story vocalist Elena Sigman. 

I want to bring attention to this portion of the song as it is not coincidence.

3C3A636B-C658-4D65-9273-6A73042CAA11.jpeg

1. Who is looking at the Earth?

I’M waiting for some one to come here and kill me and become apart of me break them and make them me.

Where was it you were before. (Where are you)

Who are you and Where are you now?

Show me someone who will never die

Die like me.

Ill show you something that is always alive and dying to find....

And mine is a Mystery.

*De Profundis Clamavi*

"Out of the depths I cry out" 

Sol and Luna most frequently symbolize consciousness and the unconscious, respectively. Fiery Sol, the Sun, whose corresponding metal is gold (or sulphur), is the source of warmth and light (gold was often called "the sun in the earth").

Watery Luna, the Moon, whose corresponding metal is silver (or salt), is dark and cold (water and spirit are often identical; water also holds death-rebirth symbolism). Sol and Luna are equivalent to the Yang (positive, male, assertive) and the Yin (negative, female, receptive) in Taoist philosophy, whose reciprocity is the reason for all events of the universe.

and Luna are equivalent to the Yang (positive, male, assertive) and the Yin (negative, female, receptive) in Taoist philosophy, whose reciprocity is the reason for all events of the universe. Luna and Sol often appear as White Queen and Red King; the symbol of this relationship is a rose. This relates to their symbolism as the anima, the female principle within a male personality, and the animus, the male principle within a female personality, respectively. Jung called this aspect a "medium between the ego and the unconscious. This is reminiscent of Rubedo, in which Luna becomes a man, whereas Sol becomes a woman. According to Jung, both aspects are crucial to their corresponding Self, and their realization is achieved through relationships with people of the opposite sex. The alchemical concepts of Sol and Luna seem to be the unconscious projections of the animus and the anima Luna is often called Anima Mundi, the World Soul which surrounds cosmos, half-human half-animal Melusina, or even Lilith. As Melusina, she is similar to Virgo, who is often associated with the Mercurial Serpent. As the Moon, Melusina is also compared to Venus or Aphrodite, not unlike Mercurius. Similarly, Melusina as Lilith, is the first wife of Adam in Paradise, (Shangri-La*) whereas Mercurius is often associated with Adam before the Fall. It is only natural to represent Mercurius as the anima, which alchemists often did. The sun represents the masculine principle and the logical or reasonable aspect of the mind; the moon represents the feminine principle, the realm of dreams and the subconscious.

The two united offer the means of magical transformation — a combination of conscious desire and subconscious activation. To become magically adept, the male and female aspects of the self must be fully recognized and integrated. The balanced individual, fully acknowledging the anima or animus within, is thus the HermAphrodite. This is the true goal of the alchemist

It has been used to describe personal and spiritual transmutation in the Hermetic tradition, attached to laboratory processes and chemical color changes, used as a model for the individuation process, and as a device in art and literature. The magnum opus has been carried forward in New Age and neo-Hermetic movements which sometimes attached new symbolism and significance to the processes. It originally had four stages

More to come today don't worry.. One must grasp the Great Work Fellow survivors! this post will update with juiciness shortly 😎🤫🤫🤫

Edited by RequixEclipse
*PhilosophusOpus* Update

Lol, how coincidental: I got my examsabout math (including this Chaos Theory) within an hour. All I know is that it has something todo with iteration and I might gonna screw everything but hopefully not. Anyway, after this and cellbiology almost holiday yay!

Awards

On 12/18/2018 at 12:51 AM, anonymous said:

Lol, how coincidental: I got my examsabout math (including this Chaos Theory) within an hour. All I know is that it has something todo with iteration and I might gonna screw everything but hopefully not. Anyway, after this and cellbiology almost holiday yay!

Much much more in-depth and straight forward research and analysis coming. CODZ we as a community are the reason there is a Story. Treyarch feeds off us here and they are starving! 

On 12/18/2018 at 2:36 AM, RequixEclipse said:

called the aether element “the substance of stars and souls.”

This is very interesting to hear. We can connect this to Primea Materia, but what if we connect it to Aether/115. Could it be more than the fabric of space-time. Could it be the fabric of the general consiousness? Our souls? 

On 12/18/2018 at 2:36 AM, RequixEclipse said:

In essence, it was a pure and perfect spirit concealed in all things—both chemically and spiritually.

This also reminds me of the force of Vril (possibly being concentrated 115/Aether). Actually, the purity of the Vril Ya was believed to be the origin behind the Nazi's idea of the Aryan race. At der Riese, it was even tried to form Vril and create an ultimate Ubermensch with it

The secondary aim of the Bell project was to create vortices to capture VRIL into plasmoid substances. This was reported successful. It was not possible during the war to put selected humans into the Bell to receive VRIL radiations directly (to enhance physical and cerebral structure and so create the new race of mankind) because of accretions of unidentified crystalline matter in the aparatus in operation. By April 1945 the problem had been reduced to 3% from 15% over the previous four months.

Read this theory by @Rissole25 if you're interested

Awards