Call of Duty Zombie Labs now canon?

anonymous

• Moderators

Apparently there is the CoD Zombie labs symbol as camouflage on some Pack-a-Punched weapons in the map Classified. Does this mean these trailers, aging from the Black Ops I era, are confirmed to be canon? 

Appearing in the Pentagon, does this mean the Labs are American? Is it a part of the Broken Arrow program? This would actually make sense concerning some things seen in the trailers: The Nova-6 Crawlers and the Wavegun. We know the Americans experimented with the Nova-6 Crawlers (we even found blueprints in Classified) and they might have found the Wavegun in Griffin Station. Or perhaps they invented it. 

This raises in second question in my head: Did the Americans ever succeed in creating a stable and functioning Matter Transference link between Groom Lake and Griffin Station in the same moment (so no time travel). If so, the Zombie Labs in Griffin Station could very well be the American Zombie Labs from the trailers.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
30 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Apparently there is the CoD Zombie labs symbol as camouflage on some Pack-a-Punched weapons in the map Classified. Does this mean these trailers, aging from the Black Ops I era, are confirmed to be canon? 

Appearing in the Pentagon, does this mean the Labs are American? Is it a part of the Broken Arrow program? This would actually make sense concerning some things seen in the trailers: The Nova-6 Crawlers and the Wavegun. We know the Americans experimented with the Nova-6 Crawlers (we even found blueprints in Classified) and they might have found the Wavegun in Griffin Station. Or perhaps they invented it. 

This raises in second question in my head: Did the Americans ever succeed in creating a stable and functioning Matter Transference link between Groom Lake and Griffin Station in the same moment (so no time travel). If so, the Zombie Labs in Griffin Station could very well be the American Zombie Labs from the trailers.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the camos. Really interesting they connected all the way back to those trailers. Also of note on the blueprints is on the monkey bombs it says “Does not work on Hellhounds” which is strange and makes me think the US must also know about Sam’s Hellhounds. Makes you wonder just how much they really do know about Samantha at this point.

Also, on one of the Ray Gun blueprints there is a picture of presumably Dr. Porter.

5 hours ago, anonymous said:

4 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

I thought the exact same thing when I saw the camos. Really interesting they connected all the way back to those trailers. Also of note on the blueprints is on the monkey bombs it says “Does not work on Hellhounds” which is strange and makes me think the US must also know about Sam’s Hellhounds. Makes you wonder just how much they really do know about Samantha at this point.

Also, on one of the Ray Gun blueprints there is a picture of presumably Dr. Porter.

This pretty much confirms CoDz Labs is made by the Americans. Hope we see more of this included somehow. 

Dr. Richtofen made the Monkey Bomb, that’s why it says “Does not work on Hellhounds”

Dr. Porter is American. He created the Ray Guns & having the Codz Labs logo on the blueprint confirms that it is an American Facility. 

Was so hoping there was the American MPD at Groom Lake but maybe it is in Nuketown. Pretty certain there will be another Zombies Nuketown & we see the UFO 115 Extraction Drill. 

In one of The Giant radios, Maxis talks about a Nuclear Explosion of some sort. That radio seems to be from a different story arc / dimension. It doesn’t sound like the others. Perhaps has something to do with the 115 Extraction at Nuketown. 

Also the Pilot in the loading screen & the TV audio from Die Rise from that pilots perspective about dropping what seems to be a bomb. 

(I haven’t listened to it for a long time) 

from 0:50

• Moderators
2 hours ago, PINNAZ said:

Dr. Richtofen made the Monkey Bomb, that’s why it says “Does not work on Hellhounds”

Dr. Porter is American. He created the Ray Guns & having the Codz Labs logo on the blueprint confirms that it is an American Facility. 

I mean, Hellhounds didn't come into existence until Richtofen betrayed Maxis October 13th, 1945, and between then and Der Riese on October 28th, unless he had the time to invent the bomb and then create blueprints for it, and then test it on Hellhounds all while travelling to Japan and back, it doesn't seem plausible. I think the implication with these camos is that the new writing over the original blueprints is from American scientists after they seized them from Group 935 after the war.

Also, Porter is German, or was at least working for Group 935 during the extent of the war. He died October 14th, 1945 and is in the Der Riese radio where the speaker kills himself by cyanide: 

H. Porter activates the alarm as an outbreak occurs at Der Riese. Before taking a cyanide capsule he says he's "all out of hope...god forgive us all."

• Moderators

Critical thinking, Rad! The Hellhounds didnt show up in Five, so I don't see a reason why Samantha would have send them prior to the scientists in the Pentagon (except, of course, to chase Ultimis). Perhaps they came across the Hellish creatures accidentally while experimenting with matter transference and the Aether, like Hellhounds don't merely show up in Der Riese during a regular hound-round. They show up accidentally when using an MTD as well.

12 hours ago, PINNAZ said:

In one of The Giant radios, Maxis talks about a Nuclear Explosion of some sort. That radio seems to be from a different story arc / dimension. It doesn’t sound like the others. Perhaps has something to do with the 115 Extraction at Nuketown. 

Also the Pilot in the loading screen & the TV audio from Die Rise from that pilots perspective about dropping what seems to be a bomb. 

(I haven’t listened to it for a long time) 

Those are some points that once set together make an interesting complex. I'm not sure yet where this can lead to, but I hope to find it out during this season. There is a moment in the future in which the CDC head broadcasts that 115 has gone airborne. From Classified radios we know that breathing in gaseous 115 eventually leads to zombification (probably 'cuz of metabolism of the element in the lungs, absorbing it in the blood sand evtually in the cells of the patient). Has this explosion triggered this airborne going of 115? Is that the start of the global zombification and breakdown?

You know what occurred to me? In the zombie labs trailer, you see the wave gun, except one half is yellow insted of blue. There is an actual replica prop of this red / yellow wave gun in Treyarch HQ. 

So, we never learned how Ultimis actually managed to time travel back to Classified after moon, but maybe as a last-ditch effort they did the ol’ “fire a wonder weapon while teleporting” trick with the wave gun. 

If Zombie Labs is part of broken arrow, it would explain why they have a wave gun that they are testing: it came back with Ultimis. Even the color change might be canon if it’s like an American model. 

So Zombie labs takes place after the events of the Classified radios. 

This even ties into the quote from the Zombie Labs trailer “we recently discovered a zombie population on the moon!” Yeah, from their perspective, they did recently learn about everything on the moon from Schuster, hence the formation of Broken Arrow. We hear that in the Classified radios. 

• Moderators

There is something about "the Americans start working on their own version of the Wunderwaffe" in the Timeline, right? Is that ever explained? And this is not about the Winters Howl, since the creation of that weapon is stated seperately in the timeline.

On 11/10/2018 at 11:09 PM, Electric Jesus said:

You know what occurred to me? In the zombie labs trailer, you see the wave gun, except one half is yellow insted of blue. There is an actual replica prop of this red / yellow wave gun in Treyarch HQ. 

So, we never learned how Ultimis actually managed to time travel back to Classified after moon, but maybe as a last-ditch effort they did the ol’ “fire a wonder weapon while teleporting” trick with the wave gun. 

If Zombie Labs is part of broken arrow, it would explain why they have a wave gun that they are testing: it came back with Ultimis. Even the color change might be canon if it’s like an American model. 

So Zombie labs takes place after the events of the Classified radios. 

This even ties into the quote from the Zombie Labs trailer “we recently discovered a zombie population on the moon!” Yeah, from their perspective, they did recently learn about everything on the moon from Schuster, hence the formation of Broken Arrow. We hear that in the Classified radios. 

The Wave Gun is red and yellow in gameplay trailer too. It's just a last-minute change.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

It just popped in my head that the Zombie Labs might be Broken Arrow's predecessor. We know that Broken Arrow was created after the incident at the Pentagon. Zombie Labs could easily refer to the American sciencific group concerning with Element 115 before this.

Everything becomes more complicated with multiple dimensions. There when were talking time line be sure we address which dimensions. Those they may happen at the same time they all serve a purpose. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
11 hours ago, steviG said:

There's some in-game footage towards the end, too, and it looks pretty great. Zero gravity zombie killing is right up my alley. It's out next week as a timed exclusive for Xbox 360, and it'll be $14.99.

Can you read my mind?

Archived