Blood of the dead ending cutscene **spoiler alert**

Castun50

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

That's the nastiest Ending cutscene I've ever seen. I can almost feel the needles in the neck and arms, sucking my blood out of my vains. But while community is crying now, at least the Warden is happy.

Yes master, Richthofen shall suffer

He surely shall.

Questions (since I haven't watched the Easter egg itself):

*Where does Ancient Order of the Keepers Richthofen come from? Is he already there during the egg or does he suddenly shows up in the cutscene?

*Why do Nikolai, Takeo and Dempsey follow him. How could they abandon their fella Richthofen there? He even was the nicest.

*Why is Richthofen sitting in that chair? What use does that have, and does he know he would die when he went sitting in it?

*What's that mysterious lava crystal/artifact? It kinda reminds me qua apearance of the crystal in Buried and the Focussing Stone in ZC, but to confirm that we must compare the usage/doings of this crystal in the BotD Quest with the Buried and Moon Quests

• Moderators
14 hours ago, anonymous said:

That's the nastiest Ending cutscene I've ever seen. I can almost feel the needles in the neck and arms, sucking my blood out of my vains. But while community is crying now, at least the Warden is happy.

He surely shall.

Questions (since I haven't watched the Easter egg itself):

*Where does Ancient Order of the Keepers Richthofen come from? Is he already there during the egg or does he suddenly shows up in the cutscene?

*Why do Nikolai, Takeo and Dempsey follow him. How could they abandon their fella Richthofen there? He even was the nicest.

*Why is Richthofen sitting in that chair? What use does that have, and does he know he would die when he went sitting in it?

*What's that mysterious lava crystal/artifact? It kinda reminds me qua apearance of the crystal in Buried and the Focussing Stone in ZC, but to confirm that we must compare the usage/doings of this crystal in the BotD Quest with the Buried and Moon Quests

Watched the easter egg near the end but missing some details. 

The Richtofen in Templar outfit appears when the playable Richtofen gets in the blood machine willingly. He was frozen in another cryogenic freezer behind a wall and becomes playable in the bossfight. Essentially Richtofen got in the machine to summon the Warden so Primis could kill him and they could escape. But he had no idea about the Templar Richtofen.

They abandon him, as they are freshly from Zetsubou and the Richtofen they left had no plan and refused to share any of his knowledge with the group. The first thing Templar Richtofen does is offer Nikolai a look at the Kronorium, something the other would never do. Also consider how many Richtofens they have met in their travels. What’s another one on the pile? Templar Richtofen did save their lives after all.

i’m actually not sure on that gem. I’m sure it will be explored in the future. Maybe even in the supposed Classified easter egg yet to be completed?

I love this cutscene so so much. Again I reiterate how tragic Richtofen’s character is. He truly was trying to save Primis, including himself, but he was unknowingly perpetuating the cycle. He had to be killed to prevent him from keeping it going. Many people theorize that Templar Richtofen is a Richtofen who just endured the Great War after being sent from Revelations who decided to try to break the cycle. There, he formulated a plan to trap Primis at Alcatraz, stop the cycle from continuing by killing his other self, and with the help of the others track down Monty.

• Moderators

Again you provide a for me understandable explanation considering this hard to understand story. Cheers to that, Rad!

Not sure why this Richthofen wants to defeat Monty, who is a member of the Ancient Order of the Keepers after all. The good guys. Richthofen himself even wears an outfit of this Order (with the Schwarze Sonne on it). 

I'm trying to find the science behind the blood, and what it means. In a radio, Maxis says that the more one travels through space-time, the more "Aether" is absorbed in his/hers blood. Let's not forget, 115 "is" Aether. Very easy and short/partly wrong said: It's an element that connects something with the Aether. Is it 115 in the blood? Why does dying Richthofen think it will save them? Why does Templar Richthofen know it doesn't?

17 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Also consider how many Richtofens they have met in their travels. What’s another one on the pile? Templar Richtofen did save their lives after all.

Ehh, I think Primis (minus Templar Richtofen) being so carefree about the situation was very odd. I’m not sure

how many Richtofen’s they did come across, besides the 1.0 version in The Giant but regardless they should’ve felt something when they left him there. I can understand Nikolai, but Dempsey and Takeo had definitely grown closer to Richtofen after they killed their other selves. Particularly Takeo who was very grateful that Edward had opened his eyes to his foolish loyalty to the Emperor. I mean, Templar Richtofen may have been the one to ultimately save them, but Blood Richtofen literally

hopped into a blood sucking machine for them.

18 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

But he had no idea about the Templar Richtofen.

I’m not sure this is the case. He mentions before the boss fight that the thawing sequence has begun, so he knew someone was in there. And when he sees his other self he doesn’t express any surprise or any similar feelings (although in his defence he was in the middle of having his blood being completely sucked by a machine).

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Spider3000 said:

Ehh, I think Primis (minus Templar Richtofen) being so carefree about the situation was very odd. I’m not sure

how many Richtofen’s they did come across, besides the 1.0 version in The Giant but regardless they should’ve felt something when they left him there. I can understand Nikolai, but Dempsey and Takeo had definitely grown closer to Richtofen after they killed their other selves. Particularly Takeo who was very grateful that Edward had opened his eyes to his foolish loyalty to the Emperor. I mean, Templar Richtofen may have been the one to ultimately save them, but Blood Richtofen literally

hopped into a blood sucking machine for them.

We also have to consider this is a different cycle than we are used to, and this Richtofen is in some ways different from the one we've known, due to the lack of a scar on his cheek. It's possible he did not earn their trust quite as much. Also consider the fact that he has brought the rest of Primis into this Hellish Prison, and for once, he doesn't have a definitive way out. We saw in the intro how flustered this Richtofen was that the Kronorium had changed and the plan was off-course. It would be totally understandable that Primis would be tipped off about this Richtofen since he brought them there, accidentally trapping them, and still won't explain what is going on or why they had to be there in the first place. By that point I would have had enough of his shit.

And I think they have seen many Richtofens before. My evidence for that is The Giant radios, in which Nikolai openly discusses killing many versions of Richtofen, though we don't know exactly where these radios take place. Also consider that they have seen Richtofen kill a version of himself before. And the biggest evidence for me is that they don't seem all that surprised when they see the second Richtofen at Alcatraz when they arrive. Just business as usual, those Richtofens.

For me the biggest reason they would instantly trust this Richtofen more is due to him handing Nikolai the Kronorium. This is so much more information and trust than any Richtofen has given any of them before. I think they realized that if any Richtofen is to be trusted, it is this one. Also, Nikolai got a glance at the Kronorium, with the altered timeline, so I think he saw what had to happen, and while Templar Richtofen took the blood from his other self, Nikolai showed Dempsey and Takeo off screen what must happen if they are to set things right.

And I actually didn't know that Richtofen knew. Curious what he thought would happen or what his plan was.

11 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

We also have to consider this is a different cycle than we are used to, and this Richtofen is in some ways different from the one we've known, due to the lack of a scar on his cheek. It's possible he did not earn their trust quite as much. Also consider the fact that he has brought the rest of Primis into this Hellish Prison, and for once, he doesn't have a definitive way out. We saw in the intro how flustered this Richtofen was that the Kronorium had changed and the plan was off-course. It would be totally understandable that Primis would be tipped off about this Richtofen since he brought them there, accidentally trapping them, and still won't explain what is going on or why they had to be there in the first place. By that point I would have had enough of his shit.

And I think they have seen many Richtofens before. My evidence for that is The Giant radios, in which Nikolai openly discusses killing many versions of Richtofen, though we don't know exactly where these radios take place. Also consider that they have seen Richtofen kill a version of himself before. And the biggest evidence for me is that they don't seem all that surprised when they see the second Richtofen at Alcatraz when they arrive. Just business as usual, those Richtofens.

For me the biggest reason they would instantly trust this Richtofen more is due to him handing Nikolai the Kronorium. This is so much more information and trust than any Richtofen has given any of them before. I think they realized that if any Richtofen is to be trusted, it is this one. Also, Nikolai got a glance at the Kronorium, with the altered timeline, so I think he saw what had to happen, and while Templar Richtofen took the blood from his other self, Nikolai showed Dempsey and Takeo off screen what must happen if they are to set things right.

And I actually didn't know that Richtofen knew. Curious what he thought would happen or what his plan was.

My thoughts exactly. I think its funny how he went to nikolai though. Just another reason why nik maybe the savior in all this. Remember in rev when nik and tak went to draw on monty and rich stopped them? Makes you wonder if that was part of the plan, to go to Alcatraz. However whats victus role now?

• Moderators

Dimension 1 - June 11th, 1943

Richtofen is contacted from the House by Maxis, who warns that “The test subjects must never be allowed to be awakened, the havoc that could be wreaked upon the future by such simple-minded individuals would be catastrophic.”

Dimension 1 - July 19th, 1943

Primis Richtofen is teleported to the House in Agartha, reuniting him with Maxis.

The House - Richtofen's Journey Begins

Maxis tells Richtofen the plan to secure the Kronorium and locate the Summoning Key. Hearing the echoes of his other selves, Richtofen discovers his connection with Samuel Stuhlinger and decides to use Victis to acquire the Kronorium.

Dimension 63 - April 16th, 1940

Richtofen arrives in Dimension 63, where he contacts members of the Illuminati and enlists their help to build a laboratory facility beneath Alcatraz.

Dimension 63 - April 18th, 1940

Richtofen meets with Stanley Ferguson and convinces him to assist with the Illuminati’s construction of the Alcatraz Laboratory.

The house - The Manipulation of Stuhlinger

Having overseen the construction of a laboratory beneath Alcatraz, Richthofen returns to the House where he begins to communicate with Stuhlinger. Together, they persuade Victis to travel to a variety of locations in order to recover the Kronorium.

Dimension 63 - July 4th, 1941 

Richtofen returns to the lab under Alcatraz where he meets Victis, arriving from the Empty Earth with the Kronorium. Upon reading the Kronorium, Richtofen discovers numerous timelines documenting their fates and learns about the Blood Vials. He would later write on the page “I know what I must do -E.R- 4/7/41.” Richtofen enters a rift to acquire the blood of Sal and Finn. After delivering the blood to his younger self and recovering the blood vials belonging to Victis he returns. Victis is placed ‘on ice’, to be kept safe until they are needed next.

Dimension 63 - January 11th, 1934

Stepping through a rift, Richtofen secures the blood samples of Sal and Finn.

Dimension 63 - June 4th, 1914

Richtofen is visited by another version of himself. Handing him some blood vials, he explains-”you will need this blood. When the time comes, it will protect you.” before stepping back through the rift.

Dimension 1 - January 10th, 2036

Richtofen instructs undead Richtofen to pursue Victis and recover their blood vials.

The House - The Blood Acquired

Richtofen collects the Victis blood samples from undead Richtofen.

Dimension 63 - July 4th, 1941 (AGAIN)

Richtofen returns to the lab under Alcatraz where he meets Victis, arriving from the Empty Earth with the Kronorium. Upon reading the Kronorium, Richtofen discovers numerous timelines documenting their fates and learns about the Blood Vials. He would later write on the page “I know what I must do -E.R- 4/7/41.” Richtofen enters a rift to acquire the blood of Sal and Finn. After delivering the blood to his younger self and recovering the blood vials belonging to Victis he returns. Victis is placed ‘on ice’, to be kept safe until they are needed next.

Dimension 63 - July 4th, 1941

Primis arrives to collect the Victis blood samples from Richtofen. Following Primis’ departure, Richtofen learns the location of the Summoning Key and travels to his next destination.

Dimension 63 - April 21st, 1944

Richtofen arrives in Morg City to secure the Summoning Key.

Dimension 63 - April 22nd, 1944

Richtofen learns The Reporter has the Summoning Key and confronts him. The Reporter waves Monty’s letter at Richtofen and orders him to stay away before attacking him. Richtofen kills the Reporter in self-defense.

Dimension 63 - April 25th, 1944 – Shadows of Evil

Nero, Jack, Floyd and Jessica are knocked unconscious at the Black Lace burlesque club. They wake up in a twisted version of Morg City, shifted slightly from reality. Told they can atone for their sins by the Shadowman, all four are tricked into performing rituals. Jessica sacrifices her producer, Jack sacrifices his partner, Floyd sacrifices his promoter, and Nero sacrifices his lawyer. Completing the required rituals, the Apothicons are given access to Dimension 63. Realizing they’ve been duped, the four work with the Keepers to defeat the Shadowman. They trap him in the Summoning Key, but before they can hand it over to the Keepers, Primis Richtofen arrives and steals the key. Richtofen travels to Dimension 2210 to secure an innocent Richtofen Soul. He delivers the soul to the House. From within the Summoning Key, the Shadowman states, “I’ll be seeing you…”

Dimension 63 - October 13th, 1945 - The Giant

As a zombie outbreak occurs, Primis Dempsey, Takeo and Nikolai confront ultimis Richtofen moments after he teleports Maxis and Samantha. As they try to reason with him to wake their counterparts, Primis Richtofen arrives through the teleporter and kills his ultimis self - triggering fractures across space-time. As Primis fights the undead, Group 935 secure the Dempsey subject and transport him to Der Eisendrache. Primis pursues them in a German Giant.

Posted this for clarification. I'm gonna look how this fits in the things we know from BotD now.

So many Richthofen's...

EDIT 1: That first thing: the testsubjects must never be awakened. It's in the original universe. I think this might be a first blink to Classified's Easter egg. Remember how the testsubjects are present in Groom Lake? Remember the words "Ultimis will prevail" and "Argartha will burn". "The havoc that could be wrenched by such simple minded individuals could be catastrophic"...

19 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

We also have to consider this is a different cycle than we are used to, and this Richtofen is in some ways different from the one we've known, due to the lack of a scar on his cheek. 

He actually does have the scar in-game so I think until Blood occurs, that version of events went exactly as we saw it in BO3. And sure, Richtofen got them trapped there and I could maybe get behind them turning on him because of that, but they don’t. They don’t react at all. Good or bad. They go on with their day as if they didn’t just let this guy they’ve known for a while to die. It’s very odd, and I don’t know if it was deliberate from Treyarch or a very strange oversight.

On 10/21/2018 at 4:01 PM, anonymous said:

Posted this for clarification. I'm gonna look how this fits in the things we know from BotD now.

So many Richthofen's...

EDIT 1: That first thing: the testsubjects must never be awakened. It's in the original universe. I think this might be a first blink to Classified's Easter egg. Remember how the testsubjects are present in Groom Lake? Remember the words "Ultimis will prevail" and "Argartha will burn". "The havoc that could be wrenched by such simple minded individuals could be catastrophic"...

without going over to many details towards classifieds EE, I think you are 100% right. However, getting to groom lake and throwing the grenade to dempseys audio clips I believe is the first step. Again not trying to go to far into it as I havent played around to much in groom lake but I know for certain you will need the Winter's Howl EE to be completed as it makes sense to be able to get it much like ascensions EE where you need the wonderweapons or the shrink gun in shangri la. It just....seems right that theyd put a EE to get a winters howl AS WELL AS get that weapon from the box. multiple ways to do it. but waking the test subjects is DEFINITLY a clue. I mean why else include that ultimus rich is back in his own brain dead body? I think alot of the steps have to do with Defcons and the howl and hitting certain spots. much like IX has a "free the prisnor" EE.

Archived