Lenne

Zombies patch/hotfix/tweak notes thread

So apperantly there is going to be the first couple of tweaks made by Treyarch this sunday on the 14th October or maybe today and because there are only three things that will be tweaked, as far as we know I figured I could make a zombies patch notes hub:

So in the first tweaks from sunday the 14th october we will see: 

• Increased player health in Casual, Normal, and Hardcore Difficulty in Classic mode by 50 points.
  • Balance adjustment to rate at which players earn points.

• Balance adjustment to Tiger attacks.

• Balance adjustment to Hellhounds (spawn radius, speed, and frequency).

• Balance adjustment to Hellfire Special Weapon.

• Reduced cost of shield repair and replacement.

• Resolved an issue where some players experienced a crash in the Laboratory.

• BotD and Classified have now been combined into one playlist
  • The Treyarch Authenticity Stamp will be introduced next week along with leaderboards

October 15th

• Just a UI error has been fixed when losing internet connection during a split screen game.

October 17th

• Treyarch fixing the (Easter egg) crashes

October 20th

• More fixing in regards to high round crashes and Easter egg games
  • Fixed an issue where in game xp notifications were appearing
  • Improved pathing for enemy Zombies
  • Addressed instances of Zombies Challenges displaying incorrect completion requirements
  • Addressed an issue causing a delay before players could activate consecutive Special Weapon melee attacks
  • Addressed an issue causing a slight delay before players could pick up a Power-Up
  • Addressed issues with Camos not properly applying to weapons
  • Addressed issues with several Camo Challenges not displaying the correct unlock requirements
  • Addressed instances of Pack-a-Punch Camos not appearing on specific weapons
  • Addressed an issue where the second part of the boss battle occasionally wouldn’t trigger properly (in IX)

• Addressed multiple issues with overlapping voiceover lines

• Addressed an issue where players were not earning Nebulium Plasma in Custom Mutations

• Addressed several stability issues when using different Custom Mutation options

October 25th

• Created two new Public playlists: Classified and Blood of the Dead.

• Removed Aether Playlist

October 26th

• Doubled the bleed-out timer on the last zombie per round from 5 to 10 minutes.

• Increased the XP earn rate in solo and 2-player matches.

• Reduced frequency of Hellhounds that spawn on mixed rounds in Blood of the Dead and Classified.

• Increased maximum unique Elixir usage per round from 3 to 4.

• Decreased cooldown time on Common, Rare, Legendary, and Epic Elixirs.

• Decreased effective time on Aftertaste Elixir.

• Reduced effectiveness of Head Scan Elixir.

• Increased cooldown time on Classic Elixirs to balance increased last zombie bleed-out time.

• Adjusted cooldown for all Elixirs in Rush Mode.

• Corrected the Elixir cooldown reduction effect granted by the Time Slip Perk.

46 minutes ago, Lenne said:

Zombies health on 200 on normal via the newest update! : ( 

I’m glad to hear this. Jug is not needed anymore, although I believe a Speed Cola, Double Tap replacement would do wonders. Especially Speed Cola. LMG’s just aren’t very viable now.

Awards

The hellhound speed is a significant drop, they can't touch you at a mild sprint. 

First steps towards ruining the good game 🙂 good job Treyarch.

We didn't need faster point gain, tbh only being limited to 130/zombie was a relief. No need to try and shoot/knife as effective as possible. 

Why did they have to reduce the cost of shield? It's already kinda OP so at least make people pay for it. If you lose it so often you can't afford then you deserve to fail.

And the health system. My god why. Perma jugg, nice.

I liked the whole spawn with your weapons if you go out with the lower health and stuff. Now I don't know, I really don't want that feature if they keep making the game easy.

Awards

I competently disagree with you jiipee95 about ruining the game. The whole community was complaining about how hard the game was to begin with so treyarch decided to make it easier. If you want to make the game harder for your self just go play hardcore difficulty then you will be fine, because in hardcore difficulty there is no form of health boost. These changes will make the community happier overall IMO.

20 minutes ago, Bigyayay said:

I competently disagree with you jiipee95 about ruining the game. The whole community was complaining about how hard the game was to begin with so treyarch decided to make it easier. If you want to make the game harder for your self just go play hardcore difficulty then you will be fine, because in hardcore difficulty there is no form of health boost. These changes will make the community happier overall IMO.

If the whole community wanted an easier experience they could have just played casual. 

1 hour ago, Bigyayay said:

I can play the hardcore difficulty yes, but that doesn't change the fact that Treyarch is essentially making bad game design. Normal difficulty is supposed to set a standard for the game mode. It should offer challenge and rewarding achievements to players. If you have more difficulty levels it still should be what the game is designed for in the first place. New players, bad players or just people who want a relaxing match of zombies can play the easy setting. Those who are very experienced can play the more difficult one for even extra challenge.

Right now the game isn't too bad yet with the health update, but people want to see the overpowered perks return, people are probably unhappy that double PAP isn't overpowered. People might want to have more powerful elixers and talismans. See the reason why I'm unhappy is that this was just the first update like this. It pretty much tells us there's a chance they might ruin everything. It's fine if people are looking forward to playing these maps just for the season, but overall replay value will go to absolute 0.

Awards

They shouldn't have touched the Classic health at all, it was fine. Change Casual all you like but now the game is going to be too easy. High rounds were already easy to get.

Glad to hear about the dogs and tigers though.

I can see why you wanted the game health to stay the way it was in order balance out the difficulty. I think what I was trying to say is that people like you and me who are , in which I assume, are hardcore zombie players didn't mind the difficulty because we like the challenge after having easy round 100's on black ops 3, but the problem is that most of the community members are not hardcore zombie players like us so Treyarch had to cater the game to those players in order to have more positive feedback to the game. Sorry, if my first post came off as condescending, I don't think I stated my opinion in the right way.

@lenne and @jiipee95

6 hours ago, Bigyayay said:

Sorry, if my first post came off as condescending, I don't think I stated my opinion in the right way.

@lenne and @jiipee95

All is fine, there is no need to apologize. It would be boring with all of us agreeing on everything. 😛

On 10/13/2018 at 1:46 PM, Lenne said:

Fixed an issue where in game xp notifications were appearing

Can anyone explain this? We weren't meant to see the xp we were earning for ending the round cause those notifications don't pop up anymore. 😞

23 hours ago, Lenne said:

Can anyone explain this? We weren't meant to see the xp we were earning for ending the round cause those notifications don't pop up anymore. 😞

Ngl, I'm pretty sad about this. I liked seeing how much XP I was getting end round and also opening doors etc too. Hope they bring it back!

7 hours ago, Lenne said:

10 minutes to finally find all the shield pieces on Voyage. yay

I’m not sure why Treyarch don’t just bring back the ability to keep Zombies alive permanently? It worked great for BO1, but then to the annoyance of the community it was removed from BO2. Then again it was added to BO3, and now it’s gone again? 10 minutes is an improvement over five minutes sure but it’s still pretty ridiculous I think.

Awards

31 minutes ago, Spider3000 said:

I’m not sure why Treyarch don’t just bring back the ability to keep Zombies alive permanently? It worked great for BO1, but then to the annoyance of the community it was removed from BO2. Then again it was added to BO3, and now it’s gone again? 10 minutes is an improvement over five minutes sure but it’s still pretty ridiculous I think.

I believe it is for Death wish and other rechargeables. So no one can just wait til DW is fully recharged.

4 hours ago, Lenne said:

I believe it is for Death wish and other rechargeables. So no one can just wait til DW is fully recharged.

Hmm, fair enough. But I think they could alter how it recharges to get around that. Perhaps it could recharge by kills? But personally I’d much rather have the ability to keep a zombie alive permanently, than have Dying Wish in the game at all.

Awards