Surviving Black Ops IV: A Battle Plan

NaBrZHunter

• Administrators

Black Ops IV is finally in full swing: 

You’re stocked up on Monster, G-Fuel, and Pizza, and you’ve got your stream up and running. Pro tip: for optimal bandwidth usage, don’t watch “Man In the High Castle” while streaming, monitoring your own stream, other streams, and the chat. 

In the meantime, here are some basic things to keep in mind as you hit the grind running:

1. Get Rest

I know, it’s almost impossible to sleep. And I say this after pulling and almost complete all-nighter before a 10-hour workday! I promise: I will try harder. For sleep we must - we'll be better off for it! A well-rested mind is more alert, your reactions are quicker and more accurate, and your thoughts are more thoroughly processed. 

2. Stay Hydrated

You’ll perform better and longer in all you endeavor it do! Water is the best option for this - yes, that precious H2O. At a very minimum, remember that you are best hydrated when your drinks DO NOT contain caffeine. 

3. Use Caffeine Strategically

Don’t waste your Trauma Kits, your perks, or your caffeinated drinks. Space them out strategically for both your own health’s sake as well as for maximum effectiveness. 

4. Eat Well

Your brain needs food. Recharge with a solid meal. It only takes 8-10 minutes at a minimum 

5. Take Breaks (yeah right)

Stretch; breathe; and focus on objects at farther distances. 

a) Stretching is good for your muscles. Good posture is important, but sitting for hours straight is never good. 

b) Breathing is important for cognition and muscle and everything else. Relax and breathe. 

c) Focusing on objects at a distance helps relax your eyes. Don’t underestimate the strain you’re putting them through. 

6. Be Careful on the Road

If you drive to work, school, or anywhere else...be aware of your state. Don’t drive exhausted. It can be as dangerous as driving badly drunk. Take care of yourself, don’t be narrow minded about the importance of your destination. Your life is more valuable. 

Also, such awareness is considerate of others. 

And last but oh never ever least: 

7. Be Kind

We’re all here to win; but most of all we’re here to have fun. In a world of very different people, we all share at least one unique thing: we LOVE Call of Duty - especially when Treyarch is running the show (as much as I have loved the works from Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward, I must be honest). So just remember, we ARE a global community. Win magnanimously, lose graciously, and play for the love of the game. 

Dangerous alone. Unstoppable as a team. Let’s go start a war, people! 

NaBrZHunter

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
On 10/12/2018 at 4:30 PM, DeathBringerZen said:

I got well stocked up and got several hours of playtime in and I'm still playing like a complete novice lol. Not a fan of zombies dying off over time though. Makes exploration on solo a serious challenge. Making crawlers is also a farce. Will definitely take a bit of time to adapt but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

That’s awesome to hear - I’m hearing lots of opinions but very few complaints from the community. I believe it’ll be a good year. 

I really don’t understand why they keep making it harder to make crawlers, though. BO3 was so tough. 

• Administrators

Piggybacking here, a friendly reminder to all that I absolutely never follow is please don't drive and talk with people about the game! As much as it may not seem like it, your next response on the site or discord server can wait until you get to your destination! If you feel you must be engaged in the conversation, maybe just consume instead of contribute. Find a way to be safe people!

Thank you @Lenne. Really wish I found this topic earlier on as I was that one person (yes bad boy blurry) who basically have done all of the opposites to your amazing tips here.

I promise from this day on there will be no more all nighters, no more cans of monsters one after another and getting proper rest and breaks. 

Also I need to stop spending so much time playing with my golden rod thingy...

Archived