Official Blackout Feedback Thread

Tac

• Administrators

Hello all,

I am Dr. Tac. I will be your therapist today, please sit down on that comfy couch and hold this controller ?. Just answer my questions as truthfully as you can. Your significant other (Treyarch) may actually be listening in on us right now, so let them know how you feel.

How are you and Blackout doing, are you spending a lot of time together? Which stage of the relationship are you in?

❤️ ? ? ? ? ? ?

What's your least favorite thing about them? Is it the way they make loud noises even if they're far away? Do you feel like sometimes they put up Level 3 armor and you can't get through to them? Maybe sometimes they're just a bit slow?

What do you like the most so far? Maybe they let you take the truck to get large red grocery crates whenever you want. Rumor has it they'll finally let you get a new backpack so you don't look as dorky to all your friends and family.

Whatever it is, tell me.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
20 minutes ago, jiipee95 said:

From a beginner point of view it's pretty harsh start. I've played 9 games and I'm still level 1 cause in most games I die before I even get a weapon. It seems like a fun game mode once I learn it though, just a frustrating start for me at least.

Check out Xclusive Ace on YouTube. One of the best and most professional in the pub stomping business. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My main feedback would be a common Treyarch issue: their lag compensation is sloppy, or everyone has 500 ping.

I've got about 20 ping. So this means I need multiple seconds of lag added on for some reason.

Often I'll shoot someone and get like 20 hitmarkers, and then they kill me and in the killcam, they took no damage.

This is exactly why I stopped playing Treyarch CoD: terrible lag comp.

For 2 years I played bf1 so I didn't have to deal with this CoD issue.

Yesterday I tried Blackout for almost 8 hours. I had some fun but the super lag and stuttering players means I'll likely never play it again. I had no problems with the fact that I sucked, I expected that, but the game play quality is very low. BO3 and BO4 are very poorly made on xb1; constant crashes, missing graphics, and badly synced netcode.

This code needs serious improvement. That's my feedback. I hope it improves for low ping players like myself.

2 hours ago, 83457 said:

BO3 and BO4 are very poorly made on xb1; constant crashes, missing graphics, and badly synced netcode.

I think Black Ops 4 was probably the most blatantly broken CoD game at launch. That game was not at all ready for the October release date and it showed. Treyarch as a whole can be pretty sloppy on certain matters. I mean, it is an absolute joke that the Gorod Krovi Easter egg has still been completely broken for the last 2 years.

As for Blackout itself, I don’t want play it often, but I do think it is a pretty solid entry into the Battle Royale genre. It’s a bit disappointing that Activision couldn’t compromise on perhaps making it free, because it looks like Apex Legends may be a bit of a problem for it now.

On 2/15/2019 at 2:15 PM, Spider3000 said:

I think Black Ops 4 was probably the most blatantly broken CoD game at launch. That game was not at all ready for the October release date and it showed. Treyarch as a whole can be pretty sloppy on certain matters. I mean, it is an absolute joke that the Gorod Krovi Easter egg has still been completely broken for the last 2 years.

As for Blackout itself, I don’t want play it often, but I do think it is a pretty solid entry into the Battle Royale genre. It’s a bit disappointing that Activision couldn’t compromise on perhaps making it free, because it looks like Apex Legends may be a bit of a problem for it now.

Agreed.

Also, I discovered some xb1 fixes which improved the gameplay for me. I played it the next day and it was much better. But of course everyone I know had downloaded Apex Legends at that point...haha.

1. When searching for a game  (especially as I'm a night owl), I let it search until the second time the upper left says "expanding search". Then I back out and retry so I get a lower ping game only instead of playing against European players (I'm East US).

2. DNS settings. I was informed to change primary and secondary DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 respectively. This halved (or better) the in-game lag for 90% of gunfights. I was going 15 feet into houses, dying, and seeing killcams where I was shot running up to the house before I got in. That crap went away with these settings changes. (Edit: Use these same numbers for ps4 also).

As of now, I'm okay with the game. With the proper settings it isn't nearly as bad as it first seemed, thankfully.

I have started playing Gauntlet mode lately and I am loving it. Currently at 22 and can't seem to get past the pack a punch step. Also, it takes a lot of endurance to stay focused after that 9 min of hell. It gets boring. The round where they take away all your points for taking damage from zombies is pure evil but I love it. Treyarch thinks it's funny, let's take away all their points then have they fully pack a punch their weapon and spend 20,000. 

• 2 months later...

Hot Pursuit and other respawn modes need to stay. It's nice to be able to play in a more casual sense, and not get frustrated at a string of unlucky games where you land and an enemy gets a gun before you and you can't defend yourself and end up back in the lobby less than a minute after starting. Even worse on PC where it can take several minutes of waiting in the pre-match map before starting, you end up spending more time waiting around than you do playing sometimes. With a respawn mode, that problem is negated a lot more.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, ZombiesAteMyPizza! said:

Hot Pursuit and other respawn modes need to stay. It's nice to be able to play in a more casual sense, and not get frustrated at a string of unlucky games where you land and an enemy gets a gun before you and you can't defend yourself and end up back in the lobby less than a minute after starting. Even worse on PC where it can take several minutes of waiting in the pre-match map before starting, you end up spending more time waiting around than you do playing sometimes. With a respawn mode, that problem is negated a lot more.

I agree. There is a place for the slow methodical play of Solo, Duos, and Quads, but these LTMs are the main modes I tend to play because there is more of a chance you will have fun and not completely waste your time getting set up only to get killed quickly. Treyarch sort of shot themselves in the foot having three multiplayer pillars with Zombies, MP, and Blackout which requires a lot of players for a game to even start. So I understand why they would want to limit game modes for the sake of population, especially, as you said, on PC. But always having some form of respawn mode is necessary if you want to keep people coming back. There should always be one in rotation, and to add to that they can add any LTM they want.

Also, can we get a solos or duos LTM please? In quads you are at an automatic disadvantage if your team does not want to cooperate or the game just does not put you with a full squad.

Archived