New Medals Incoming!

InfestLithium

• Administrators

It's that time of year again, friendos. With BO4 launch right around the corner, we're happy to announce Medals 2.0! You're thinking right - we're optimizing our medals by clearing old ones out to make room for brand new ones that correspond to a brand new feature coming out in less than two weeks (more info about that coming soon).

That being said, we will be safely storing the following in the Aether as our goodbye:

Spoiler
  • Regular/Hardened/Veteran
  • Post Ranks
  • Hot Topic
  • Introduction
  • Storyteller
  • Stuck
  • Ztocking Ztuffer
  • Rounds (Takeo through Samuel)
  • Prestiges
  • 115 Day
  • 2014 Year Award
  • Covert Gunman
  • Door Keeper
  • Field Medic
  • Grenadier
  • Kills Ranks
  • Perk-a-Holic
  • Off To A Good Start
  • Paintshop Pro
  • Space Engineer
  • "The Hoff"
  • Sooouuullll Key
  • Sticker Collector

Now I know that's a big list; however, the goal is to make each awarded as broad as possible so that players have the chance to acquire a medal regardless of what map/mode they play on. You may notice your currently medal count reduce as a result, but don't worry - there are many more opportunities to gain new medals in the process!

I'm very excited to share the rest of the medals when it comes time! If you have medal suggestions, please let us know in this thread. Happy hunting!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, InfestLithium said:

That being said, we will be safely storing the following in the Aether as our goodbye:

Hide contents
  • Regular/Hardened/Veteran
  • Post Ranks
  • Hot Topic
  • Introduction
  • Storyteller
  • Stuck
  • Ztocking Ztuffer
  • Rounds (Takeo through Samuel)
  • Prestiges
  • 115 Day
  • 2014 Year Award
  • Covert Gunman
  • Door Keeper
  • Field Medic
  • Grenadier
  • Kills Ranks
  • Perk-a-Holic
  • Off To A Good Start
  • Paintshop Pro
  • Space Engineer
  • "The Hoff"
  • Sooouuullll Key
  • Sticker Collector

Wait, so, I'm a bit confused. Are these still going to exist, or are they being tossed out entirely? I'ma cry if I collected half these medals only to see 'em gone the next day.

Else than that... the redesigns do look nice.

I'm aware as well that there was probably a need for a new system, as well, and I can stand by you guys deciding to change it... if that's what this is (I've been wrong before). I just hope that this doesn't mean some of thees old awards aren't disappearing.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, andydabeast said:

I can't wait for bo4. Won't be getting it till christmas or January tho. Baby coming in November!

Congratulations, nothing soothes an upset baby more than the purr of an SMG

9 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

With BO4 launch right around the corner, we're happy to announce Medals 2.0!

You sexy SOB, you've done it again!

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Mattzs said:

Shoot. Is it too late to request the introduction medal, then?

It is never too late... well unless you'll die, but then there is always the possibility of you turning into a zombie ergo even upon death it is never too late.

Enjoy your medal.

On 9/28/2018 at 6:45 AM, Lenne said:

It is never too late... well unless you'll die, but then there is always the possibility of you turning into a zombie ergo even upon death it is never too late.

Enjoy your medal.

Thank you! I will do my best not to die! If not, I promise I will let you know how being a zombie is working out for me.

Have a medal where after a certain number of rounds, if you have zero downs you can have a medal that says "Flawless Victory" or something along those lines idk.  I think round 40 with zero downs is pretty reasonable unless you want to make it that much harder.   

• Administrators
On 9/29/2018 at 7:11 PM, Pasta said:

Have a medal where after a certain number of rounds, if you have zero downs you can have a medal that says "Flawless Victory" or something along those lines idk.  I think round 40 with zero downs is pretty reasonable unless you want to make it that much harder.   

Love the idea! Will add it to the list. <sodemoji.1f601></sodemoji.1f601>

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Tac said:

Wait, how come the things like Post Ranks, Hot Topic, Storyteller, Introduction, 115 Day, etc, are all going away? 

Many promoted spamming and were harder to automate. While those medals will return in some brand new medal, we needed medals that qualified as actual achievements across the site and in-game. All the past medals are just inactive for now, so until then, we're working to optimize them.

• Administrators

As promised, the new medals are here! There are three types of medals you can collect:

• Site
  • Blackout
  • Zombies

Every month, more medals will be released as more content is available in Black Ops 4. The catch with these new beauties is that all gameplay medals can only be achieved from Black Ops 4 (unless specified otherwise). This means you can't submit proof from previous titles to claim a medal anymore.

Here is a full list of available medals. Once you find a medal you want, you can submit your request here, where a staff member will award you with the desired medal if valid proof is provided.

Archived