We Want Your Suggestions!

InfestLithium

• Administrators

Hola familia!

With Black Ops 4 getting coming in just about 3 weeks, we're excited for a CoDZ Relaunch! You may have seen several changes around the site, with new things being added and old items getting locked away. This is where you, the gamer, come into play.

What new features would you like to see come to CoDZ?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets get a video tab with all the latest Blundell Interviews, updates, E3 footage, and general video discussions.  Make it like a one stop shop so that people don't have to google search each individual item.  This will keep threads dedicated to topics like the new A7X video out of other threads that may be better served with other content.

Sounds Like An Idea?

Catchin' me when I'm running out of ideas... pesky pesky.

If anything, I've PMed you about perhaps changing up some areas with Zombie Labs, and I'd love to see emphasis put to that as soon as we can. I've still got ideas to post certain things that we can maybe pin that set an example of how the area works... yadda yadda.

Few other things I can think of having a need to tidy up...

...probably the big thing being that we're missing Zombiefication banners? Where did the older ones for the higher post counts go? I think we should add those back... <sodemoji.1f61e></sodemoji.1f61e>

Else than that, y'know... I think there's some things between my "Airing Grievances" post, our PMs, and my "To Build Upon Foundations" post that could still possibly be looked into. God knows if I recall all of them, but hey, I'm tryin'. I've spent my well of ideas in the past month, admittedly.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, The Meh said:

...probably the big thing being that we're missing Zombiefication banners? Where did the older ones for the higher post counts go? I think we should add those back... <sodemoji.1f61e> </sodemoji.1f61e>

No one is even close to hitting 4.5K posts. We've got nothing but time. Might as well wait and see if there are new character banners that could be added along the way.

8 minutes ago, The Meh said:

I've spent my well of ideas in the past month, admittedly.

image.png

Actually, this is a small thing, come to think of it, but... can we maybe add more fonts for posts?

Sounds crazy and useless, but... I know a guy like me could use it. I practically tailor all my Unity Series posts in Google Docs, and they've got a flurry of beautiful fonts. Corsiva, Droid Serif... just to name a few.

I don't know how easy that is to add, nor do I know if Google Docs is my best example, but hey. Just askin' for my sake here.

@InfestLithium Was thinking about it, and I've got a bit of a suggestion to add.

I think I asked about it in prior posts, but I wanted to bring it up again. With the LFG tab at the top of the page (with the banner and all, in case it doesn't sound clear xP), I was wondering if we could add a "Browse Requests" option for it. I feel that having that would be plenty more convenient for the LFG's functionality. It's an easier way to locate the list for people trying to quickly access the LFG and find a match/group.

...if that makes good sense, at the very least, do tell.

(also, random note, but, I'm still clamoring for some new fonts and all xP)

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, The Meh said:

@InfestLithium Was thinking about it, and I've got a bit of a suggestion to add.

I think I asked about it in prior posts, but I wanted to bring it up again. With the LFG tab at the top of the page (with the banner and all, in case it doesn't sound clear xP), I was wondering if we could add a "Browse Requests" option for it. I feel that having that would be plenty more convenient for the LFG's functionality. It's an easier way to locate the list for people trying to quickly access the LFG and find a match/group.

...if that makes good sense, at the very least, do tell.

(also, random note, but, I'm still clamoring for some new fonts and all xP)

Good call on the LFG! I've updated it as such.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Lenne said:

Why?

We need to get people posting on the forum and then we can think of doing UotM again.

It’s called incentive. Why would a person want to put effort and time into a quality post if they have to earn the right to post better stuff so that they may become a UoTM? 

We need to give people a reason why they should post here. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, RequixEclipse said:

It’s called incentive. Why would a person want to put effort and time into a quality post if they have to earn the right to post better stuff so that they may become a UoTM? 

We need to give people a reason why they should post here. 

If someone only wants to post good stuff or just post in general because of a colour then that person is missing the point.

For example 6 years ago we didn't even have any kind of brains/like system and you know what? People posted anyway and showed their gratitude for folks in posts and messages etc.

Why would a person want to put effort in? Because of the people on the forum and not some coloured username.

13 minutes ago, Lenne said:

If someone only wants to post good stuff or just post in general because of a colour then that person is missing the point.

For example 6 years ago we didn't even have any kind of brains/like system and you know what? People posted anyway and showed their gratitude for folks in posts and messages etc.

Why would a person want to put effort in? Because of the people on the forum and not some coloured username.

I never said they were a colored username and I don’t mean to take away from the past. 

This isn’t the same forum it was 6 years ago. We have evolved and adapted along the way. It’s not the color that is the incentive it’s the title. It’s like the medals we all have. 

We may may as well drop all our extras lol. Why have suggestions if we never needed to do things differently? 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, RequixEclipse said:

It’s not the color that is the incentive it’s the title. It’s like the medals we all have. 

K, I replace colour with title. Where is the difference?

Of course it isn't the same forum it was 6 years ago the forum itself is even better. The problem is that there are barely any folk who post in here regulary anymore.

I am not saying we don't need to do things differently, but you suggesting to bring UotM back is pretty much the opposite to doing stuff diferently.

All I am saying is there need to be more than 5 people a week posting stuff in order to have a UotM competition that actually makes sense.

24 minutes ago, Lenne said:

K, I replace colour with title. Where is the difference?

Of course it isn't the same forum it was 6 years ago the forum itself is even better. The problem is that there are barely any folk who post in here regulary anymore.

I am not saying we don't need to do things differently, but you suggesting to bring UotM back is pretty much the opposite to doing stuff diferently.

All I am saying is there need to be more than 5 people a week posting stuff in order to have a UotM competition that actually makes sense.

Ok I agree that there should be more than the same 5 people being nominated every month. 

We need to bridge that gap aye? Lol 

Hi CoDzers! 83457 here, I've been posting or not here since during BO2 and I would like to opine on an issue of sorts: Lack of casual player attraction.

I'm not out to say anything bad, just helpful. I have no malice or specific people in mind. I simply feel that we need to increase traffic and the issue that CODZ here has, in my view over the years, is that this site is really for the top few percent of zombie players. I, myself, am a zombie god to most randoms, yet I am a scrub compared to some of the heavy hitters on this site (nobody here said that, it is just the feel of the site in general. I know that is not the site's intent.

Whenever newbies post here, they tend to be outclassed, or inundated with pro information when they can't make round 10 solo.

In all my years of zombies, with all sorts of friends and randoms, most are not high round players. Most are not into (or even know of) a zombie storyline. Most want WaW simple maps, not convoluted and confusing set ups. Most despised Moon and found BO1 hard and annoying (I loved BO1 at its time, but I rarely play it anymore because the replayability is shit. The WaW reprints suck compared to the originals too. I heard this so often, yet I come to CODZ and players here seem to be from another world of "BO glory days" that most zombie players would not agree with). I don't mean to sway anyone's opinion, just pointing out how weird and alienating this felt to me coming here at first to "alternate zombie reality land".

I feel that zombies stopped being for the masses and became a game for the top 3%; Treyarch employees, youtubers, and players (like some here) who feel most zombies are too easy (while probably 90% of zombie players can't get past round 15).

Now reddit....reddit is the clusterfuck of everything, from the best to worst players, with lots of bad info. This is where all the scrubs head because they are not outclassed there by everyone like they are here.

So, I'm a good talker/explainer, but a bad writer, but hopefully I've gotten close to the point of;

We need to be attractive to newbies as much as we've been attractive to top skill. Most on console players will never reach top pc player's rounds due to console constraints/movement.

We need beginner info that isn't tons of "reveal hidden content" videos crammed together with minimal explanation. (3 years on, I wrote the Revelations Buildables tutorial because we did not even have that basic info available).

We need text tutorials; tons of gamers can't view videos at work. Many want to print it out and save it, or hold it in hand as they go along. Videos became easy and "all the rage" years ago, but videos are not always best (though they often can be, I'm not hating on videos).

If I come up with any good ideas or implementation I'll add it here.

In short, we need to aim lower. We need to teach newbies basics, not round 100 strategies. They will go that route on their own when ready. We have some great pro content, we need more "attractive to newbies" content. Without trying, this site became too "1337". We need to be more "common", that's where the bulk of players lie.

I've loved being at this site and only wish it well. 

Happy gaming CODZ! I hope nothing I said was taken wrong, I just wanted to post what I see and feel about this.

• Moderators

@83457Some great points and I agree wholeheartedly. RadAustins27 brings up the point sometimes that as a community with all the outrage about Black Ops 4 and opinions being thrown around, we tend to find ourselves in an echo-chamber where we think the whole community is against/for Treyarch and everyone feels the same way about easter eggs/high rounds/the storyline. But, true, a majority of players probably don't care about all that and just have fun in the mode with friends and just want simple tips to get better and a fun place for discussion without needing an insane background knowledge. As I've lost time to play game and gained other adult interests, I find the release of a new map nowadays to be a bit exhausing because of all the stuff I feel I have to know to keep up with the community. People on the subreddit post all the time about little easter eggs on Dead of the Night, and I've only played it twice and it just came out on Xbox for me and I don't really feel welcome in discussion as much.

I think a focus on a lot of quick reference/simple features would do a lot for this forum. Just some ideas, and feel free to shoot any down.

- Focus a lot more on the LFG system we have in place. As of right now, when I check the posts are old and I'm never sure if anyone actually saw them. I think making the feature more apparent at the front page with a large button to join current sessions on the header would be very useful to players looking for like-minded players. I think a system similar to TrueAchievements or the built in system on Xbox One where you can say you are joining the session which notifies the leader of the party, and you can set the session up for the future. This could be a killer feature to drive people in if people could feel more involved and plan ahead.

- A questions board for new players. I know I made my voice heard in the past that we should cut down on the number of forums as to now overwhelm users, but hear me out. I don't mean like the Questions board under Site News about CoDz itself, but instead a board where you can ask questions about any topic related to zombies from storyline to game features. A big reason new people don't often post questions like these is because the posts around them tend to be so detailed and people have such a background knowledge. For example, the recent thread about eye color: 

This thread has some excellent discussion, and I love it! But it has a lot of familiar faces in it because new users who don't have all the knowledge about zombies eye colors in each of the maps across the last ten years don't feel they can add anything, so they don't see a reason to post anywhere. Why not have a board specifically for them to start the discussion? They get informed, and much like these other threads we get to discuss all the topics that make up this game-mode. It would just be very important this board gets a high up spot on the front page, and people are made aware of it immediately before they even sign up.

- I think the current "Helpful Links" spot on the front page can be expanded to have more links that would be useful to newcomers. Say a link to a guide on all the basics of the latest map, similar to the subreddit's wiki pages: https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/wiki/classified

Or maybe a "Basics of the Storyline" page, with multiple sections that users can click through to get quick information, and I think an excellent thing would be an FAQ section where a lot of specific questions can be answered. There can be a basic summary and users can explore it to their heart's content as far as they want to.

Of course, this all requires a lot of passion and hard work. But I am willing to put my money where my mouth is, and I would help with all of these features. I know a good bit of HTML and JavaScript behind websites and would help improve the LFG system if I can, and would definitely help in writing up those helpful links I mentioned if I know they will be put up for new users to see.

Thanks for the positive response! I was afraid my explaining skills were less than perfect in my last post.

I don't know exactly how a forum reaches out...

But, I also want to point out that I know this site well and still find it hard to locate when "googling" it (I have an icon saved on my phone for ot currently), so we won't get traffic if we don't even show up in a cod zombies search on Google. Undeadit comes up, but not CODZ. Apparently the CODZ.com domain is available and may generate more traffic if you get it.

I can only locate CODZ by typing out CALLOFDUTYZOMBIES.com. Most youngens won't want to type that much. Maybe you can take the CODZ.com domain name and link them? I don't know what costs (or whatever) that entails, so if this was a stupid idea, my apologies.

I just love this site over reddit and others and want it help in my own feeble way.

Archived