How Can We Sustain Our Community?

Question

Community: "What Can We Do Different?" "What Does CODZ mean for you?"

These just some of the questions that have been asked over the years here at Call of Duty Zombie Forums. I cant tell you what this Community means to you. I also cant make you believe in a Community. I will tell you that this Community is very special, unique, and that is why I will take this time to explain:

Some times Tough Love is needed if you really care. Allow me to be first to say that CODZ is really in need of some fine tuning. Major!

you might be surprised how many people expect to install forum software and poof! have an active community just spring up without any additional work.

When creating a Community, it’s absolutely crucial that people feel like it’s worth their time to participate in your forums. When someone posts in the forums and doesn’t receive a reply, it’s like your community gets a little cut. One cut doesn’t matter too much, but if this continues, your forum will eventually suffer death from a thousand cuts.

Before you have top contributors in your community, it’s your job to be there to answer every post that goes unanswered.

Obviously, this strategy won’t scale, but right now you would concerned about bootstrapping...( term used in business to refer to the process of using only existing resources.) your community, not scaling it. Then, as you find people rising up and taking leadership roles within your community, you need to be there for them even more, nurturing your relationship with them and showing how appreciative you are for the participation.

Many communities often start off open and deal with whatever comes through until the group is large enough, then start restricting access. It’s a pretty good model, and allows you to grow quickly and then tailor the group to how the community members interact with one another in time.

Community cant be limited to just 1 platform. We need to reach out and find new ways to put unity in Community. We are not limited to what we can become. I think inadvertently we the mentality that "Only Time Will Tell", but Time waits for No one.

I miss competing every month for UoTM, I honestly believed that the "Zombies World Championship" should of been CODZ event. Trials of The Ancient gave people something to look forward to during the Off-season.

My Fellow Survivors I only want best. In this new area of CODZombies we will NOT starve... We will thrive. We are the theorist.. We are the power.. THERE IS BUT 1 PATH TO ENLIGHTENMENT... *SHGORGONGOA

-Requix

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 answers to this question

I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at with this... admittedly, there's a lot going on with the colors. But, past that... yeah. I'm not sure what to get from this.

3 hours ago, RequixEclipse said:

Obviously, this strategy won’t scale, but right now you would concerned about bootstrapping...( term used in business to refer to the process of using only existing resources.) your community, not scaling it. Then, as you find people rising up and taking leadership roles within your community, you need to be there for them even more, nurturing your relationship with them and showing how appreciative you are for the participation.

I'm... pretty sure they already use mainly existing resources. Notwithstanding, I think they're looking into shifting up the Staff as is.

(Quick edit: ...speak of the devil I'm a Dweller ._.)

Many communities often start off open and deal with whatever comes through until the group is large enough, then start restricting access. It’s a pretty good model, and allows you to grow quickly and then tailor the group to how the community members interact with one another in time.

It's not a good model at all, actually. Restricting access puts a lot of strain on the community, and I feel like closing off people isn't the way to do things at all. I mean, the newest PTG forum had done that, and god knows if they were successful... but, for the time I was there, it was certainly strained.

Just because a thing worked doesn't mean it will work the same way.

Community cant be limited to just 1 platform. We need to reach out and find new ways to put unity in Community. We are not limited to what we can become. I think inadvertently we the mentality that "Only Time Will Tell", but Time waits for No one.

Ah, the old adage.

There's plenty of different platforms around for the community. Be it through CoDz or not. There's plenty of them. Reddit, forums out and about, this place, and our numerous extraneous places. I thought the same thing myself, that there was a need for unity in the community, but... that's simply just not as realistic an idea as it could be. Sure, we're a subset, from it all, but we don't need to be. It's what we can do to appeal as a subset that will matter the most.

You misunderstood it all my friend. Community is more than just us. We need help in quite a few areas and I think if we rally together we could bring backthat Nostalgia CODZ once held. 

If you can get past the color and see see a few points not as a single message but separate issues that can be managed. 

Ill be be honest with you. I help manage the FB and wish dearly we could put together solid team for YT, Twitch, along with other social media networks. 

I find it odd that we are the CODZombie Go to Forum yet we haven’t been able to reach goals such as hosting “our own” LAN events. 

@The Meh I’m coming from a PTG perspective. I have had a role in PTG and continued to help until it became a memory. I know that you know what standards Benn held not only his self but to the PTG community when it came to Zombie content.

We have all the tools here if not more. We have amazing members, but to sustain an interest in the game we love is vital.

Been here since Z. 5 years I humbly Donate(no offense to nonDoners) You can say the investment is worth it. I respect if you disagree about my view. I’m glad to have a fellow survivor willing to discuss things.

• Administrators
On 9/14/2018 at 7:38 PM, RequixEclipse said:

Some times Tough Love is needed if you really care. Allow me to be first to say that CODZ is really in need of some fine tuning. Major!

you might be surprised how many people expect to install forum software and poof! have an active community just spring up without any additional work.

When creating a Community, it’s absolutely crucial that people feel like it’s worth their time to participate in your forums. When someone posts in the forums and doesn’t receive a reply, it’s like your community gets a little cut. One cut doesn’t matter too much, but if this continues, your forum will eventually suffer death from a thousand cuts.

Before you have top contributors in your community, it’s your job to be there to answer every post that goes unanswered.

You're aware this forum is nearly a decade old right?

yep and it needs work still lol. Specially in our networking/events. I mean I don’t know if the tone I read that off in came off as sarcasm. Cause even after this long we still haven’t met it sad but true <sodemoji.1f615></sodemoji.1f615>

Archived