Sign in to follow this  
The Meh

The New Avenged Sevenfold Song & Music Video, "Mad Hatter"! (with Lyrics)

LYRICS:

From the manor, a cutting whisper

Rising vapors through clouds of gold...

Gilding fire unchains the demons

With undercurrents, far too strong to hold...

The sun burned out today

(The fools are dancing in the rain...)

Scarred by the acid stain

(And on the shelf, a jar that holds my brain...)

Nightfall hunts us all, from the shadows

Cynical beauty now, lights the halls...

Before the flicker there's only blackness

The end is coming, and all my friends are dead...

The sun burned out today

(And on the shelf, jar that holds my brain...)

Gripped by an empty world!

(Suffer the crushing weight...)

Madness will crawl inside!

(Alter the sober state...)

They're feeding all the voices in my head...

[Solo: Synyster Gates]

...slowly, we're bled...

...slowly we're bled...

...slowly, we're bled...

...slowly, we're bled...

Slowly, we're bled!

The labyrinth hedges return to soil

Mother's weeping will go unheard...

The dove that once flew here, 'round the mazes!

Had seen the darkness, and chose to take its life...

The sun burned out today

(And on the shelf, a jar that holds my brain...)

Gripped by an empty world!

(Suffer the crushing weight...)

Madness will crawl inside!

(Alter the sober state...)

They're feeding all the voices in my head!

They're feeding all the voices in my head!

No doubt the trailer should finally arrive then for IX. Can't wait for this song and any other collaboration A7X is having with BO4.

On another note, Classified trailer soon as well? Even just some info on the map or a screenshot would be great.

33 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

No doubt the trailer should finally arrive then for IX. Can't wait for this song and any other collaboration A7X is having with BO4.

On another note, Classified trailer soon as well? Even just some info on the map or a screenshot would be great.

God, I'd hope so!

Part of me is wondering if they're just gonna release the trailer on the main CoD channel sometime earlier than Monday or not... notwithstanding what the video will be like on A7X's side. But, I digress.

I certainly wonder what Classified will be like... a trailer would be very nice.

UPDATE [9/17/18]: Since I'd already made the post before, saying it would release Monday, I figured that I'd update and re-tool this post so that it reflects the actual song, with its lyrics. Eventually, I figure that there will be a trailer for IX to release rather soon, so I may update this post one last time, or make an entirely new one for it. As it stands though, I've pinned this post... to which, I hope that's okay. I don't want it to be an issue if it is pinned. Otherwise... yeah.

Gotta say, I love this song. Not sure on the accuracy of lyrics, but the actual song itself is sick. It's heavy most the time, dynamic at others, and kinda psychedelic with the Syn solo. It's feels like it's kind of the same style as The Stage, and I love it for that. I really do. I expect Black Reign (the EP of all their Black Ops songs, apparently) to be exceedingly good, honestly. Even if it's all stuff we've heard before, I'll still enjoy it through this song alone...

Nice job, A7X. Still kickin' ass.

UPDATE [9/20/18]: The trailer's finally out, and man, I couldn't be more excited. Honestly. The song alone is good, yes. But I think this trailer definitely exemplifies the whole map for me. IX has a fantastic atmosphere to it, and it just makes me want to see this map more.

...what was I updating for, though... oh right.

I added the trailer into the OP. Might be a few seconds shorter with the actual song, but... hey. Better than not. It's a good video.

I like the lyrics and the gameplay, but the music isn't really my cup of tea.

I dunno, I feel like I just don't get get A7X. : (

7 hours ago, Lenne said:

I like the lyrics and the gameplay, but the music isn't really my cup of tea.

I dunno, I feel like I just don't get get A7X. : (

I really think that the lyrics are golden. Honestly. Whether or not mine are perfect is arbitrary to me, they just feel so good to hear sometimes. Plays well to the trailer, too... but, just goes to show ya: Treyarch are masters of the cinematic trailer.

...on the point of the music... I feel like it'd be too cliche to say "ah, well, Avenged Sevenfold isn't for everyone"... but I mean, it's kinda true too, I suppose. I always like to at least think of it as "hey, A7X's doing something different", and different is always fine. Generally, though, their older stuff is kinda mediocre by comparison. I mean, Hail to the King came out the same day as Origins, and Shepherd of Fire was just fine, but all of it was mediocre and copied a lot of older bands. There's plenty to argue with that, and I'm not all too happy having to agree with the stuff I used to disagree with, but... just comes to realizing it over time.

Avenged Sevenfold has definitely changed over time, though. They're more or less starting to define their sound. Which... is good.

If anything, though, heir latest album, The Stage, is easily their best album of late, and is close enough to be related to progressive metal. (Which is cool. "Prog A7X" sounds fuckin' amazing in its own sentence.) I'd say throw that a listen if you want to get the style that Mad Hatter's presenting, as... it's definitely similar sounding to that.

(Yeah, it feels like I'm talking outta my ass... I'm tryin' not to sound like an elitist prick (I'm not anything close... I'd hate to think I am...). big oof to me)