To Infinity and Beyond

Boom115

• Administrators

Pity post at the very most....My entire WW2 experience was 2nd hand through youtube and twitch. I've come to understand that most of the storyline details were uncovered by tweets from the devs (which I am not a fan of). From what I was able to gleam not only did they work in the premise of a cycle (trying too hard to be like big brother), and they made an attempt at the "The game is on" story continuation scenario. On top of that the overall community reception was so/so. Do you think Nazi Zombies will got the way of Exo Zombies or do you think there is any potential for future iterations of this storyline?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
5 hours ago, Boom115 said:

Do you think Nazi Zombies will got the way of Exo Zombies or do you think there is any potential for future iterations of this storyline?

Good question. I have the feeling that when SHG (and IW) return in the next two years at least SHG will create something new again. As in still zombies, but not Nazi Zombies. So I think there will be a new story. (Cause the zombie cow has to be milked dry.)

Gonna go a bit off topic here.

Spoiler

There are also two rumors: The first one states that MW4 will be CoD 2019 which could mean that Activision has the intention to let all three dev teams develop a CoD in a different setting. So that begs the question if SHG is going to stay on the World War two route. Of course they could make their zombies mode independent from the Campaign/setting of their next game though.

The other one is that BO IIII will be the last game for a while. Meaning CoD is going to take a break. Treyarch also already said that they are gonna update the new game for longer than usual. That is what I think @JJMFP also wrote, but I can't find the post anymore. Or maybe it was all a dream.

5 hours ago, Lenne said:

Good question. I have the feeling that when SHG (and IW) return in the next two years at least SHG will create something new again. As in still zombies, but not Nazi Zombies. So I think there will be a new story. (Cause the zombie cow has to be milked dry.)

Gonna go a bit off topic here.

Hide contents

There are also two rumors: The first one states that MW4 will be CoD 2019 which could mean that Activision has the intention to let all three dev teams develop a CoD in a different setting. So that begs the question if SHG is going to stay on the World War two route. Of course they could make their zombies mode independent from the Campaign/setting of their next game though.

The other one is that BO IIII will be the last game for a while. Meaning CoD is going to take a break. Treyarch also already said that they are gonna update the new game for longer than usual. That is what I think @JJMFP also wrote, but I can't find the post anymore. Or maybe it was all a dream.

You are absolutely right.  I read that the lifespan of Black Ops IV is due to be longer than the traditional time frame we have been seeing.  Interesting enough, if that is the case, then Treyarch has plenty enough time to think tank and develop a "Stand Alone" Zombies experience that I have posted about on two separate occasions.   Just think, in 5 - 6 years we could have the holy grail of zombies games.  Next time if you get a chance, go see my recent thread named "Stand Alone" and contribute your thoughts on what you would like to see in an all zombies experience.  I believe that, couple with multiplayer, Campaign mode, and a Battle Royal type mode we are seeing emerge would more than double CoD profits.  It just makes since from a business stand point, as well as a community one. 

• Administrators

Potentially these are just game sales and not total profit. This would make a lot of sense since they crushed the market with DLC5. I listened to the activitsion quarterly earning report and they said something along the line of BO3 being the most profitable ever including micro transactions. 

• Moderators

I don't trust stats like these online because they ALWAYS neglect to include digital sales. Until around 2013 almost nobody bought big games like CoD digitally on release. It was always disc sales. But digital is starting to be a major contender against physical sales, and so of course when you just look at physical sales it will look like CoD is declining steadily.

Archived