Zombies Stand Alone

JJMFP

download.jpg\

I know this has been brought up before, but with the new changes to the franchise as of late, I can't resist the urge to revisit it.  With Treyarchs changes to Black Ops 4 and the healthy backing that they get for their rendition of Call of Duty's Zombies, the argument for a stand alone game is getting greater and greater.  If everything is about money and in order to keep earnings in a positive direction with such an aging franchise, it seems like a no brainer that this will soon come to pass.  It has to be done right though.  Here is how I would like to see it done.

1. The introduction of a campaign mode - I see that they nixed the campaign for Black Ops IV, but this is probably not a permanent change.  With the spin-off of a stand alone Zombies game, the campaign will return.  This is just one foreseeable change that is evident by the heavy concentration to Zombies in BLOPS IV.  For the campaign, there will be a solid story and objectives that will be a must play before the multiplayer action gets started.  It should set the tone for the ultimate story and left unfinished so that the story continues throughout the DLC.  No Easter Egg in Campaign.  That is reserved for the DLC maps.  Without doing the Easter Egg, the story will remain a bit of a mystery.  Think of the Campaign as a Prequel to the action.
  2. Challenges - I know that we have seen challenges in the past, but I want to see a comprehensive challenge system that actually engages the player and rewards them considerably for completing.  These challenges should unlock weapons, perks, and other necessary items like grenades.  Just think about it, all perks available in the multiplayer must be unlocked in order to use and there can only be four in the map at one time.  With Choosing perks in BLOPS IV, this is could be where they are heading.  I like that Idea!  It would make Zombies fresh again.  Different perks for different maps.  New perks introduced.  The possibilities!!!!
  3. Comprehensive Matchmaking - Ever been match-made with a set of turds?  I would love to see a matchmaking system that keeps players of certain level ranges together.  No more single prestige level ones screwing EE's up, even with a mic.  Speaking of Mics,  this system should be customizable to find players with mics, looking to do EE runs or survival.  These are not unreasonable expectations, are they?
  4. Game Modes - I would also like to see the return of game modes such as grief, but on a larger scale.  Also, a survival based multiplayer mode that can feature more than 4 players trying to survive as long as they can in a larger map than normal, think twice the size of a traditional map and harder than the casual EE multiplayer maps.  They only need to make one of these maps per season.  That's right, lets think long term.  With that said...
  5. Longevity and Seasonal Content - I am not talking multiplayer here.  That is probably just a year of DLCs.  What I am talking about is the aforementioned large scale survival map.  Whether it be a "Fortnite" style of map, with the encroaching fog and teams who last the longest or a more unique multiplayer option with many players trying to survive as long as possible in a harder and more challenging experience.  A season is a year, maybe.  And after that, the next season will feature a new map.  Probably a season pass for that, but like "Fortnite"  can be payed for or earned through game play.

These are the basics of where I think this franchise is heading, and I tell you what, it would be a welcome change.  I think it would do better than expected and I believe the DEVs are noticing this as well.  Zombies have evolved into a game of its own.  It is only a matter of time.  Do you feel the same?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
5 minutes ago, JJMFP said:

Do you feel the same?

I have this gut feeling as well. This is going to be a long shot, but maybe the Black Ops IIII logo being like that could be the tally marks from zombies. So if in 3 years time Black Ops 5 comes around and if it will have the 5 in tally marks... well ifthat game won't be zombies only... then I doubt we will ever get one. haha

But honestly? I'd rather have campaign, mp and zombies sold seperatly anyway. 20 bucks for each and then everyone can decide what to get.

I like your ideas though.

Archived