The Meh

Airing Grievances.

6 hours ago, GRILL said:

Hey dudes! 

Touching words, meh.  Reminds me of a lot of the posts i made before I was staff (in a good way).  I was the producer of PDT while trying to revamp the YouTube.  The #1 issue was always getting the community’s to participate.  Considering the community is so small here now, I’d reckon it would be difficult to attempt to get new active members through a medium that has essentially surpassed ours (YouTube/Reddit).

that being said I’m all for fostering the remaining kick ass community.  I like the idea of catering to those that stuck around, rather then catering to some jerk who thinks we are JUST an old dusty museum.

sad adventure time GIF

Welcome back!

A bit of a more serious note... it's always good to try to keep the YouTube stuff going. Multiple people could help it if need be, to keep content going on it, if need be. There's probably a good way to go about it, and keeping active typically is a better way than not to do it.

(also, I agree with @Lenne. you's a lovely guy  )

Admin
2 hours ago, The Meh said:

Multiple people could help it if need be, to keep content going on it, if need be.

Who dem ppl?

15 minutes ago, Boom115 said:

Who dem ppl?

(can confirm my English was shit... for an American, I'm awful at it)

I mean... I dunno.

Auth, if possible. I know I'd like to, if I can. You're really askin' a question outta the blue on me. But I'm sure there's people that could help.

Admin
8 hours ago, The Meh said:

(can confirm my English was shit... for an American, I'm awful at it)

I mean... I dunno.

Auth, if possible. I know I'd like to, if I can. You're really askin' a question outta the blue on me. But I'm sure there's people that could help.

Yeah just wondering if you were aware of people who wanted to jump in and make some content. Thats actually how we ran our streaming engagements in the past. The problem is always consistency (broken record). What sort of things were you interested in contributing?

5 hours ago, Boom115 said:

Yeah just wondering if you were aware of people who wanted to jump in and make some content. Thats actually how we ran our streaming engagements in the past. The problem is always consistency (broken record). What sort of things were you interested in contributing?

I mean... if it were I, I think I'd want to make sure we can keep things a bit topical, on the YouTube side of things. Not good with talkin' much, but I think that the direction of the channel would be helped if we kept it moving with some topicality.

Like, weapon posts. Just an example. Show what's typically worth usin', and all (I think I mentioned this before). Other stuff.

On the Twitch side, I mean... would definitely do streams of Zombies.

Admin
50 minutes ago, The Meh said:

I mean... if it were I, I think I'd want to make sure we can keep things a bit topical, on the YouTube side of things. Not good with talkin' much, but I think that the direction of the channel would be helped if we kept it moving with some topicality.

Like, weapon posts. Just an example. Show what's typically worth usin', and all (I think I mentioned this before). Other stuff.

On the Twitch side, I mean... would definitely do streams of Zombies.

I'll running some test streams tonight, you're welcome to join. 

24 minutes ago, Boom115 said:

I'll running some test streams tonight, you're welcome to join. 

I mean, if only I could! <sodEmoji.1f61e>

My Xbox is at my Dad's, and this PC I'm on barely runs games very well. Unless you want to have a conversation on Skype/Discord, I mean... that'd be hard for me to do without my stuff... xD

Kind of bad timing, I'd think. Though, I'm very aware of that fact.

If anything, I owe you a game when I get my Xbox back. You've got my word there. <sodEmoji.1f609>

The Zombies content on youtube is almost exclusively filled with gameplay, Easter eggs and discussion of the clear story (with theories). CoDZ Forums would differ itself by posting videos discussing and theorising about real-existing cospiracies and mythos, related to the zombies storyline (Hollow Earth, H.A.A.R.P., you know the Asylum stuff). Another cool and unique thing to do is to explain the reality and science behind gameplay aspects.

For example @NaBrZHunters post about the Raygun (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/179887-plasma-weaponization-der-wunderwaffe/), @Faust's MTD explanation http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/167110-the-science-behind-teleportation-now-with-images/, @BlindBusDrivr's story about PhD Flopper (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/172599-floppermost-important-perk-storywiseconfirmed/) or the science behind the EMP grenade (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/wiki/index.php?title=EMP_Grenade). Would give players of Zombies a totally different insight into the game they play. Might pack out positively for the forums as well.

Not sure what kind of and in what quantity public such videos would appeal, but it would certainly be unique on YT

Awards

11 minutes ago, anonymous said:

The Zombies content on youtube is almost exclusively filled with gameplay, Easter eggs and discussion of the clear story (with theories). CoDZ Forums would differ itself by posting videos discussing and theorising about real-existing cospiracies and mythos, related to the zombies storyline (Hollow Earth, H.A.A.R.P., you know the Asylum stuff). Another cool and unique thing to do is to explain the reality and science behind gameplay aspects.

For example @NaBrZHunters post about the Raygun (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/179887-plasma-weaponization-der-wunderwaffe/), @Faust's MTD explanation http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/167110-the-science-behind-teleportation-now-with-images/, @BlindBusDrivr's story about PhD Flopper (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/172599-floppermost-important-perk-storywiseconfirmed/) or the science behind the EMP grenade (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/wiki/index.php?title=EMP_Grenade). Would give players of Zombies a totally different insight into the game they play. Might pack out positively for the forums as well.

Not sure what kind of and in what quantity public such videos would appeal, but it would certainly be unique on YT

I mean, I know PTG tried something like this with "PlayTheGameHOME" or something like that. I'd think nothing of it to make something identifiable and different by comparison, certainly so. Some of the posts definitely deserve some spotlight on YouTube explaining stuff. Theories abound and everything. I like this being a focus, and I think your vision of it is quite a good one, compared. Would yield well to have at least something like that on YouTube, for sure.

Honestly, there's no doubt in my mind that an insight and aspect of the community existing like that on YouTube would be valuable.

Admin

Just putting this out there - if anyone wants to contribute content to the codz platforms they can. I'm down to share anything as long as it is in good taste (looking at you @Lenne).

33 minutes ago, Boom115 said:

Just putting this out there - if anyone wants to contribute content to the codz platforms they can. I'm down to share anything as long as it is in good taste (looking at you @Lenne).

I'm more curious if this is referring to the CoDz Wiki (mainly) or just general stuff. Because, with me, I really am rather uncertain how to add and contribute with the Wiki. In regards, I've done what I could, but... I've been confused with the whole editing and such of posts, particularly.

I would certainly love to contribute, though. How else can I contribute, past just the Wiki, if I may ask?

Tech Admin

I’m coming into this late and I’m going to apologise for the lack of help I’ve supplied (visibly). I took the decision to take a step back. I was leaving as I had no interest in the game but @InfestLithium @Boom115 amongst other showed me it was the people rather than the game ghat was important.

You have no idea the friendships I’ve struck up here, purely based on a game. To the extent I will be making a visit to the states to see @Boom115and his family and I’ve invited them here to stay. I wan’t to meet up with @InfestLithiumand @GRILL and others. It’s strange how you strike up a relatiobship with people you have never met.

However, I have always been about taken care of the backend (server) and helping when i was needed and always in converse with the team. If anyone has ideas that can be implemented and things fixed which are broken, I’m only to happy to fix.

If we need to implement or remove things, then we should. How do we get better, how do we get people onboard? Our SEO needs to be addressed but maybe we should make a “site” rather than just a forum? Maybe we need constant news feeds updated all the time. We did try but we can’t do ut ourseves and the help was/is limited. Maybe we need toreach out to the big YouTubers for link backs and mentions that started their careers here. Maybe we need to eat some humble pie and accept that we are just not that important within the community anymore? Maybe all that people want / need is on YouTube.

I for one think we need a custom page built with every single easter egg, from every game/map as walkthroughs and videos.

I’m not extremely active but I’m not far away and we can all make this work with some hardwork and help from our members.

On 11/8/2018 at 5:27 PM, Hells Warrrior said:

I’m coming into this late and I’m going to apologise for the lack of help I’ve supplied (visibly). I took the decision to take a step back. I was leaving as I had no interest in the game but @InfestLithium @Boom115 amongst other showed me it was the people rather than the game ghat was important.

You have no idea the friendships I’ve struck up here, purely based on a game. To the extent I will be making a visit to the states to see @Boom115and his family and I’ve invited them here to stay. I wan’t to meet up with @InfestLithiumand @GRILL and others. It’s strange how you strike up a relatiobship with people you have never met.

However, I have always been about taken care of the backend (server) and helping when i was needed and always in converse with the team. If anyone has ideas that can be implemented and things fixed which are broken, I’m only to happy to fix.

If we need to implement or remove things, then we should. How do we get better, how do we get people onboard? Our SEO needs to be addressed but maybe we should make a “site” rather than just a forum? Maybe we need constant news feeds updated all the time. We did try but we can’t do ut ourseves and the help was/is limited. Maybe we need toreach out to the big YouTubers for link backs and mentions that started their careers here. Maybe we need to eat some humble pie and accept that we are just not that important within the community anymore? Maybe all that people want / need is on YouTube.

I for one think we need a custom page built with every single easter egg, from every game/map as walkthroughs and videos.

I’m not extremely active but I’m not far away and we can all make this work with some hardwork and help from our members.

I know this is a months-old post, and... believe me, I'm sorry for reviving it out of the blue, but I've been trying to formulate a good response to this reply for some time now (and my laptop nearly breaking apart by the seams doesn't quite help that). So... yeah. I'm just kind of going to say what I will here, I suppose. Sorry that this took so long.

I've probably met some of the best people I know here. Voyager, chiefly, but... a lot of you guys as well. @Lenne, @InfestLithium , @anonymous and @RequixEclipse are four I can think of in particular that I think have helped me along my path both outside this site and inside it. The wisdom I've gained being a part of this community is surprising and I'm just glad I could have it. (In regards to actually meeting people and all, I'd love to do the same... although I suppose being at a good place in my life would definitely help that.)

Seeing this community change, or... rather, seeing this forum change for it, is a logical step forward, and I completely agree with doing that. Personally, all I want of it is to see this community become more involved, interwoven and the like. I want to know I can log on and start a dialogue I know will grow past me. If that means we need to change the current formula to adapt to such a sight, I'd like that. If it keeps the heart and philosophy of CoDz in mind, I'd like that even more.

I guess part of my statement here is me saying that... well, maybe we need more than a forum to support all this. (That's a grandiose thing to say, but... still.)

Like, supplemental materials. A working YT channel with deep-dive weapon guides and story theories, be it through one game's story or the main Zombies story. A much more elaborate and sorted Zombies Library and Wiki, perhaps (although, for the sake of it, I do believe the Zombies Library is very well put together the way it is too)? Podcast der Toten, migrated to Twitch with a slightly updated crew to run it (and guests every now and again)? Charity streams and/or tournaments every now and again?

I'm just spewing the ideas here, but... you get the idea. Moreover... yeah, a lot of us should take on those mantles and help that. If I'm being honest, I've seen you do tons of work for this forum, Hells, and it's a humbling thing to know how well it's been managed all this time. So... I'm sure it would be good if others took it on in stead as well.

That's just my thoughts, though. I hope some of this made good sense.

...also, if this is me just sort of spouting off the same stuff I've done before, I'm sorry for that too. Could be me getting one-track minded on all this.

10 minutes ago, The Meh said:

I guess part of my statement here is me saying that... well, maybe we need more than a forum to support all this. (That's a grandiose thing to say, but... still.)

I totally see what you mean here, and dont get me wrong, but I just realized we already are. In another way than you might think.

Isn't it beautiful how this relatively simple software called a "forum", among with our shared love of online undead annihilation has let us all met each other. Us, people from all over the world, living in cities, villages or remote houses, who would never have met each other if it weren't for this forum. Me, someone part time living in a 2th floor student apartment, part time living in a house in a quite remote Dutch countryside, meeting and befriending you, Meh, living in a house on a village near the great American lakes? Look what we are now, a community, a tribe or club or whatever. But most important: friends. We are not merely a forum. We are friendship. And while we should always let CoD Zombies lead our threads, I personally love (new) discussions/topics about each other personal lifes, thoughs and opinions, outsider of CoD and gaming. 

This place is getting like a soccerteam which later turned into your friendgroup, if you get what I mean (never been in a soccerteam, though :p).

Awards

13 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I totally see what you mean here, and dont get me wrong, but I just realized we already are. In another way than you might think.

Isn't it beautiful how this relatively simple software called a "forum", among with our shared love of online undead annihilation has let us all met each other. Us, people from all over the world, living in cities, villages or remote houses, who would never have met each other if it weren't for this forum. Me, someone part time living in a 2th floor student apartment, part time living in a house in a quite remote Dutch countryside, meeting and befriending you, Meh, living in a house on a village near the great American lakes? Look what we are now, a community, a tribe or club or whatever. But most important: friends. We are not merely a forum. We are friendship. And while we should always let CoD Zombies lead our threads, I personally love (new) discussions/topics about each other personal lifes, thoughs and opinions, outsider of CoD and gaming. 

This place is getting like a soccerteam which later turned into your friendgroup, if you get what I mean (never been in a soccerteam, though :p).

Goddamn you are such a poet.

The soccerteam part was weird, but I got what you meant the rest of the way.

22 hours ago, The Meh said:

Goddamn you are such a poet.

The soccerteam part was weird, but I got what you meant the rest of the way.

Ahaha made me laugh. Love your way of talk/sort of humor that might not be meant as humor but is better as humor

Awards

Admin

Forums are becoming more outdated by the minute, and we're one of very few popular communities out in the gaming world that still exist with such a large memberbase.

I agree that reviving the YouTube would be a great priority. While I don't have the tools to make quality videos (or hell, a computer that can even handle uploading anything), I'd like to restart it back up. We had a great time with @NaBrZHunter when he led the position, and it's never too late to provide great content regardless of the attention we receive.

4 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

Forums are becoming more outdated by the minute, and we're one of very few popular communities out in the gaming world that still exist with such a large memberbase.

I agree that reviving the YouTube would be a great priority. While I don't have the tools to make quality videos (or hell, a computer that can even handle uploading anything), I'd like to restart it back up. We had a great time with @NaBrZHunter when he led the position, and it's never too late to provide great content regardless of the attention we receive.

If anything, I would definitely like to help assist that in whatever way I can. I’d certainly like to see some Weapon Guides pop up if possible (I could help script stuff for it if you would like). Other sort of things we can bring to the table, like theories and news and stuff wouldn’t be too bad, either. Hell, revisiting old Asylum posts sounds fun already!

Just trying to spin those cogs, though.

I honestly refresh the forum webpage about every hour. Lol 

If I were able to have the access to complete Moderation tasks I would. Hell there’s a lot I can help with. As of now the CODZ Staff know that they can always reach out to me if they need anything 😊

Admin

Hi everyone! New admin here. Thank you for all the great points @The Meh and everyone else that has added to this thread. I've looked over this thread and if the Gods at IPS let us, we can try to make some of this happen. IPS is a tough software to deal with. The smallest of addons cost $10+ where on other platforms, they would be given out freely (I'm talking stupid things like adding an Ad code to a specific area was $10 when I was using their platform YEARS ago...hopefully things have changed to make things more competitive in the forum software market). I have already gone through some of the back end settings and some other "webmastery thingys" to help the site rank better in search engines. But there is still much planned!

Right now on my roadmap, I plan on tackling:

• Better advertisements - Let's face it, in order to get nice things for the site, the site has to be generating more revenue than it currently is. I plan on expanding the advertisement pool to increase the overall payouts to the site. In the same breath, I plan on changing some of the ad placements as well as the blending options for the ads so they don't stick out like sore thumbs like they currently do (while not being deceptional).
  • Analytics - I've already started on this a bit but will be expanding it and probably getting the team more involved in it. I plan on using analytics to discover content that may have been overlooked and then work with the team to promote it through the social media platforms. Which brings me to my next point.
  • IPS (forum software) changes - There are things within the settings that I've already identified as being an issue and those have been corrected. I suspect there are more things and as I go through all of the settings, they will be corrected. Also with this end of what I plan on doing, I want to go through what available addons there are in the IPS marketplace to see if we can add more features for the members.
  • Social media - There is a lot of untapped potential in the social media platforms that this site has garnered in the past. We need to use this more to keep our community out in front of everyone's faces. My business partner will also be helping with this aspect.
  • User activity/stickiness - As some of you have mentioned, people just come here to read a thread and leave. People aren't posting, which is part of the problem with getting more traffic to the community. I want to look over the user interface in terms of the design aspects and see if there are things that can be changed to make the site more inviting to not only join, but to also start posting and become an active part of the growing community. I think we need to recognize users who are trying to comment and share on the site better than we currently are. I have a few ideas for this that I'll be bouncing off the team here shortly.
  • Other stuff - I'm sure there is more but off the top of my head, I can't think of it.

I mentioned my business partner above. We come as a bundled deal and I know he plans on bringing more sponsorships to the site which means more revenue for the site to use for upgrading various aspects of the community and also doing more giveaways for the users here. I'll let him share more on this if he wants to expand on it.

I am apart of the Discord so feel free to message me (as I would also like picking some of your brains...pun intended...and get a feel for this community a bit better). Just like most people here, I do have a life. I work in my other business Mon - Thurs  during the days so communication is a bit sketchy during the week and I typically get to messages in the evening then (it may show I'm online due to my opening my laptop so don't feel you are being ignored if I don't respond once I pop up as "online"). I have a wife and 2 kids (2 and 4 - both of which are killing my wife and I on sleep), I also run a 1M+ member gaming site, and am getting ready to launch a new esports community that will be in network with CoDz while offering the members here some additional features if we can't bring those features directly to this site due to this software's limitations. With all that being said, CoDz is apart of the family now 🙂 I look forward to being a valuable part of this team here and hope to get things moving along quicker for everyone on this site to see the community really prosper!

1 hour ago, AzzidReign said:

Hi everyone! New admin here. Thank you for all the great points @The Meh and everyone else that has added to this thread. I've looked over this thread and if the Gods at IPS let us, we can try to make some of this happen. IPS is a tough software to deal with. The smallest of addons cost $10+ where on other platforms, they would be given out freely (I'm talking stupid things like adding an Ad code to a specific area was $10 when I was using their platform YEARS ago...hopefully things have changed to make things more competitive in the forum software market). I have already gone through some of the back end settings and some other "webmastery thingys" to help the site rank better in search engines. But there is still much planned!

Right now on my roadmap, I plan on tackling:

• Better advertisements - Let's face it, in order to get nice things for the site, the site has to be generating more revenue than it currently is. I plan on expanding the advertisement pool to increase the overall payouts to the site. In the same breath, I plan on changing some of the ad placements as well as the blending options for the ads so they don't stick out like sore thumbs like they currently do (while not being deceptional).
  • Analytics - I've already started on this a bit but will be expanding it and probably getting the team more involved in it. I plan on using analytics to discover content that may have been overlooked and then work with the team to promote it through the social media platforms. Which brings me to my next point.
  • IPS (forum software) changes - There are things within the settings that I've already identified as being an issue and those have been corrected. I suspect there are more things and as I go through all of the settings, they will be corrected. Also with this end of what I plan on doing, I want to go through what available addons there are in the IPS marketplace to see if we can add more features for the members.
  • Social media - There is a lot of untapped potential in the social media platforms that this site has garnered in the past. We need to use this more to keep our community out in front of everyone's faces. My business partner will also be helping with this aspect.
  • User activity/stickiness - As some of you have mentioned, people just come here to read a thread and leave. People aren't posting, which is part of the problem with getting more traffic to the community. I want to look over the user interface in terms of the design aspects and see if there are things that can be changed to make the site more inviting to not only join, but to also start posting and become an active part of the growing community. I think we need to recognize users who are trying to comment and share on the site better than we currently are. I have a few ideas for this that I'll be bouncing off the team here shortly.
  • Other stuff - I'm sure there is more but off the top of my head, I can't think of it.

I mentioned my business partner above. We come as a bundled deal and I know he plans on bringing more sponsorships to the site which means more revenue for the site to use for upgrading various aspects of the community and also doing more giveaways for the users here. I'll let him share more on this if he wants to expand on it.

I am apart of the Discord so feel free to message me (as I would also like picking some of your brains...pun intended...and get a feel for this community a bit better). Just like most people here, I do have a life. I work in my other business Mon - Thurs  during the days so communication is a bit sketchy during the week and I typically get to messages in the evening then (it may show I'm online due to my opening my laptop so don't feel you are being ignored if I don't respond once I pop up as "online"). I have a wife and 2 kids (2 and 4 - both of which are killing my wife and I on sleep), I also run a 1M+ member gaming site, and am getting ready to launch a new esports community that will be in network with CoDz while offering the members here some additional features if we can't bring those features directly to this site due to this software's limitations. With all that being said, CoDz is apart of the family now 🙂 I look forward to being a valuable part of this team here and hope to get things moving along quicker for everyone on this site to see the community really prosper!

This is the type of stuff I’ve wanted to see happen, and I’m immensely proud that we’re actually actively looking for (and pursuing) all these things.

(should probably add, welcome to CoDz)

(I know this isn’t a sizable comment but still)

Admin
5 minutes ago, The Meh said:

This is the type of stuff I’ve wanted to see happen, and I’m immensely proud that we’re actually actively looking for (and pursuing) all these things.

I'm glad you like what I've mentioned. There will be more and it will take some time but we are all working towards making some changes to improve the overall experience on the site 🙂

5 minutes ago, The Meh said:

(should probably add, welcome to CoDz)

Thanks! Glad to be apart of this great community and look forward to interacting with more members!

Alright, folks. I know this post has been up for ages now, and... a lot has changed since I posted it, and a lot of good has become of it. So... because of that, I wanted to formally thank you guys and lock down this post... if that's alright.

...it's kind of funny, this is the one post out of all of these that I really can't seem to find the right words for. It's a bit of a mindfuck for me, too. But, I suppose huge shifts do kind of do that.

I really couldn't appreciate it more, all the support and change that this post was able to create, and all the fantastic feedback it accrued. Truly, I'm humbled.

To bigger, brighter futures, eh?

Per aspera ad astra.

-The Meh