The Meh

Airing Grievances.

6 hours ago, GRILL said:

Hey dudes! 😄

Touching words, meh.  Reminds me of a lot of the posts i made before I was staff (in a good way).  I was the producer of PDT while trying to revamp the YouTube.  The #1 issue was always getting the community’s to participate.  Considering the community is so small here now, I’d reckon it would be difficult to attempt to get new active members through a medium that has essentially surpassed ours (YouTube/Reddit).

that being said I’m all for fostering the remaining kick ass community.  I like the idea of catering to those that stuck around, rather then catering to some jerk who thinks we are JUST an old dusty museum.

sad adventure time GIF

Welcome back! ❤

A bit of a more serious note... it's always good to try to keep the YouTube stuff going. Multiple people could help it if need be, to keep content going on it, if need be. There's probably a good way to go about it, and keeping active typically is a better way than not to do it.

(also, I agree with @Lenne. you's a lovely guy 😄 )

2 hours ago, The Meh said:

Multiple people could help it if need be, to keep content going on it, if need be.

Who dem ppl?

15 minutes ago, Boom115 said:

Who dem ppl?

(can confirm my English was shit... for an American, I'm awful at it)

I mean... I dunno.

Auth, if possible. I know I'd like to, if I can. You're really askin' a question outta the blue on me. But I'm sure there's people that could help.

8 hours ago, The Meh said:

(can confirm my English was shit... for an American, I'm awful at it)

I mean... I dunno.

Auth, if possible. I know I'd like to, if I can. You're really askin' a question outta the blue on me. But I'm sure there's people that could help.

Yeah just wondering if you were aware of people who wanted to jump in and make some content. Thats actually how we ran our streaming engagements in the past. The problem is always consistency (broken record). What sort of things were you interested in contributing?

5 hours ago, Boom115 said:

Yeah just wondering if you were aware of people who wanted to jump in and make some content. Thats actually how we ran our streaming engagements in the past. The problem is always consistency (broken record). What sort of things were you interested in contributing?

I mean... if it were I, I think I'd want to make sure we can keep things a bit topical, on the YouTube side of things. Not good with talkin' much, but I think that the direction of the channel would be helped if we kept it moving with some topicality.

Like, weapon posts. Just an example. Show what's typically worth usin', and all (I think I mentioned this before). Other stuff.

On the Twitch side, I mean... would definitely do streams of Zombies.

50 minutes ago, The Meh said:

I mean... if it were I, I think I'd want to make sure we can keep things a bit topical, on the YouTube side of things. Not good with talkin' much, but I think that the direction of the channel would be helped if we kept it moving with some topicality.

Like, weapon posts. Just an example. Show what's typically worth usin', and all (I think I mentioned this before). Other stuff.

On the Twitch side, I mean... would definitely do streams of Zombies.

I'll running some test streams tonight, you're welcome to join. 

24 minutes ago, Boom115 said:

I'll running some test streams tonight, you're welcome to join. 

I mean, if only I could! 😞

My Xbox is at my Dad's, and this PC I'm on barely runs games very well. Unless you want to have a conversation on Skype/Discord, I mean... that'd be hard for me to do without my stuff... xD

Kind of bad timing, I'd think. Though, I'm very aware of that fact.

If anything, I owe you a game when I get my Xbox back. You've got my word there. 😉

The Zombies content on youtube is almost exclusively filled with gameplay, Easter eggs and discussion of the clear story (with theories). CoDZ Forums would differ itself by posting videos discussing and theorising about real-existing cospiracies and mythos, related to the zombies storyline (Hollow Earth, H.A.A.R.P., you know the Asylum stuff). Another cool and unique thing to do is to explain the reality and science behind gameplay aspects.

For example @NaBrZHunters post about the Raygun (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/179887-plasma-weaponization-der-wunderwaffe/), @Faust's MTD explanation http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/167110-the-science-behind-teleportation-now-with-images/, @BlindBusDrivr's story about PhD Flopper (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/172599-floppermost-important-perk-storywiseconfirmed/) or the science behind the EMP grenade (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/wiki/index.php?title=EMP_Grenade). Would give players of Zombies a totally different insight into the game they play. Might pack out positively for the forums as well.

Not sure what kind of and in what quantity public such videos would appeal, but it would certainly be unique on YT

Awards

11 minutes ago, anonymous said:

The Zombies content on youtube is almost exclusively filled with gameplay, Easter eggs and discussion of the clear story (with theories). CoDZ Forums would differ itself by posting videos discussing and theorising about real-existing cospiracies and mythos, related to the zombies storyline (Hollow Earth, H.A.A.R.P., you know the Asylum stuff). Another cool and unique thing to do is to explain the reality and science behind gameplay aspects.

For example @NaBrZHunters post about the Raygun (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/179887-plasma-weaponization-der-wunderwaffe/), @Faust's MTD explanation http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/167110-the-science-behind-teleportation-now-with-images/, @BlindBusDrivr's story about PhD Flopper (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/172599-floppermost-important-perk-storywiseconfirmed/) or the science behind the EMP grenade (http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/wiki/index.php?title=EMP_Grenade). Would give players of Zombies a totally different insight into the game they play. Might pack out positively for the forums as well.

Not sure what kind of and in what quantity public such videos would appeal, but it would certainly be unique on YT

I mean, I know PTG tried something like this with "PlayTheGameHOME" or something like that. I'd think nothing of it to make something identifiable and different by comparison, certainly so. Some of the posts definitely deserve some spotlight on YouTube explaining stuff. Theories abound and everything. I like this being a focus, and I think your vision of it is quite a good one, compared. Would yield well to have at least something like that on YouTube, for sure.

Honestly, there's no doubt in my mind that an insight and aspect of the community existing like that on YouTube would be valuable.

Just putting this out there - if anyone wants to contribute content to the codz platforms they can. I'm down to share anything as long as it is in good taste (looking at you @Lenne).

33 minutes ago, Boom115 said:

Just putting this out there - if anyone wants to contribute content to the codz platforms they can. I'm down to share anything as long as it is in good taste (looking at you @Lenne).

I'm more curious if this is referring to the CoDz Wiki (mainly) or just general stuff. Because, with me, I really am rather uncertain how to add and contribute with the Wiki. In regards, I've done what I could, but... I've been confused with the whole editing and such of posts, particularly.

I would certainly love to contribute, though. How else can I contribute, past just the Wiki, if I may ask?