Sign in to follow this  
JJMFP

Absences

I know I have been away for a while, but it seems like I am not the only one.  Where is everybody?  This site used to be a bustling hub of content and conversation.  We potentially have the greatest Black Ops Zombies Epic about to drop in our lap and I am not feeling as much hype.  I hope that everyone gets back in time for the theories and gameplay that drew me to the site.  I miss the good ole' days!

Awards

2 hours ago, JJMFP said:

I hope that everyone gets back in time for the theories and gameplay that drew me to the site.  I miss the good ole' days!

You and me both.

I believe most people just grew out of it. After all real life is more important, but I'd still be happy if a couple more folks could check in.

18 hours ago, Lenne said:

You and me both.

I believe most people just grew out of it. After all real life is more important, but I'd still be happy if a couple more folks could check in.

I think once the game hits, the traffic will start back up.

Awards

Which is...curious if you think about the fact the zombies community only grew. Maybe that's the reason: the popularity of zombies itself kinda hurted communities like this one. The new CoD's appealed younger folks (can't say I'm not one of them) to discover the story behind zombies, the story theorists of CoDZ, among with the game designers, created. Reddit, Discord and YouTube found their popularity and drew lots of folks to there. At the same time, Blundell's BO3 was so much different than prior Zombies games, both in story and gameplay (but mainly story) that it drew the older veterans away. And then we got the fact that zombies grey from a small by-gamemode for fanatics to something more important than campaign. And a gamemode that comes back every year. Because we saw, WWII had/has an awesome story imo, better than Black Ops 3, yet it has very little attention simply because we are used to zombie modes. Fighting the undead is normal now.

It's a reality we have to accept but not lay down by it. I must say that I still love to discuss the story here, independent of the quantity of responses. As long as the quality stays as it used to be. Because that is where CoDZ is known of in the other communities: The quality of our work.

Awards

I miss the old days too @JJMFP,

I was relatively late getting into Zombies (end of BO1, start of BO2) but when I started playing it oh boy I was hooked. I started googling for tips to get better at the game and stumbled across this site completely by accident. I read a few tips threads and the level of detail given by this community was unprecedented, way above and beyond what else was out there.

I wasn't even aware of the story surrounding Zombies at this time until I read through the threads posted on here. I had never experienced anything like it before or since. The level of devotion the guys and girls here had (have??) to this game was astonishing. It even had me researching and posting the odd theory about the story, not that I was much good at it mind you.

I lost interest in Zombies after the release of AW. I didn't get on with the Exo-Zombies mode at all. By the time BO3 dropped me and my group of friends were well into other games and never really dropped into BO3 zombies until a few months ago when I was hit by nostalgia coming across a youtube video on zombies. This made me and a buddy load up and that was it, hooked again (seriously this game is like crack, I thought I'd got clean but one whiff of the good stuff and I'm back).

I jumped straight into the forums to reconnect with the community and see all that I had missed from my time away, only to find a deserted community. It really was disheartening to see what had happened around here, as odd as it sounds I was genuinely upset (WTF Wooodd its an online forum get over yourself man)

I really hope that the community rediscovers this site and that www.callofdutyzombies.com can reclaim its throne as the BEST source of all things zombies. Fingers crossed

image.jpeg

Awards