Chaos

Wooodd

Chaos

With the little bits of info we have on the new story being told in Black Ops 4, coupled with the fact that I'm stuck at work and really cannot be bothered to do what I should be doing, I thought I would throw together all the information we have to date so that we have it all in one place.

There is every chance some of the information below is wrong, or key information is missing. If you spot anything let know and I will update the post accordingly.

Story Premise

Spoiler

Our crew are investigating the disappearance of the eccentric adventurer Alistair Rhodes, who vanished 15 years ago on the trail of the Occult.

During their search the crew come into contact with a mysterious relic which has the ability to transform living beings into the undead when combined with another smaller artefact. They also encounter a staff (which appears Egyptian in origin) that has the capability to transport people through time and space.

This story is steeped in Alchemy and Magic.

Characters

Spoiler

Scarlett PromotionalArt Zombies BO4     Scarlett Rhodes

Scarlett appears to be the main protagonist in the Chaos story. She is a rational woman but also a bit of a rogue and she is investigating the mysterious disappearance of her father, Alistair Rhodes, despite harbouring resentment for him. 

Diego PromotionalArt Zombies BO4     Diego Necalli

Diego is a spy and a ruthless cutthroat. This master of seduction is very observant and aware of his surroundings. Diego's connection to Alistair is currently unclear.

Bruno PromotionalArt Zombies BO4      Bruno Delacroix

Bruno is a violent man with a savage reputation, who has tried to turn his life around. He has joined the search as Alistair was the only one to offer him a chance at redemption.

Shaw PromotionalArt Zombies BO4      Stanton Shaw

Shaw is a master chemist who will happily experiment by taking all manner of concoctions, as such his grasp on reality is loose as best. Shaw is an old friend of Alistair's. A peculiar item of note with Shaw is that his eyes are different colours, one Blue and one Green.

AlistairRhodes CallofDutyZombies2 Issue3 Cover Comic              Alistair Rhodes

Alistair is an eccentric adventurer who disappeared 15 years ago whilst on the trail of the Occult. His work is steeped in Myths and Legends. Alistair has some sort of connection to all four of our characters who are investigating his disappearance.

image.png          These Guys             image.png

We don't know who these gentlemen are, but they both seem very aware of the relics and artefacts in our story and what these artefacts are capable of.

Perk Altars

Spoiler

In the Chaos story we are being introduced to Perk Altars which are said to release vapours granting abilities similar to the perks from the Aether storyline.

The Altars appear to be modelled around ancient gods, and to date we have seen four. These are Zeus, Odin, Ra, and Danu.

Relics and Artefacts

Spoiler

image.png 

This disc is the relic that can transform the living into the undead, producing a protective dome around the wielder and those close enough to it.

image.png

This smaller artefact appears to be required to activate the relic above. It is in the possession of Scarlett when they arrive on the Titanic in the trailer. Perhaps this is a keepsake from her father and she is unaware of its relevance.

image.png

This staff has the ability to transport people through time and space.

Special Weapons

Spoiler

There are four special weapons prevalent within the Chaos story. Whilst each weapon appears to be associated with a specific character this does not seem to be the case. In one of the trailers we see Scarlett brandishing the Viper and Dragon, whilst it is Bruno depicted with this weapon below.

image.png

Locations

Spoiler

Moving away from the war-torn locations prevalent throughout the Aether Story, Chaos appears to be set in very different surroundings.

image.png

Voyage or Despair - Set on board the RMS Titanic during its maiden voyage in 1912

Image result for IX zombies

IX - Set within the confines of a Roman Colosseum in what could be presumed to be 9 A.D.

Zombies

Spoiler

Moving away from the Aether premise that zombies are the result of exposure to the element 115, the undead in the Chaos story appear to be the result of a mystical force brought on by the use of ancient relics and artefacts.

Whilst similar in appearance to the Aether zombies, these zombies appear to be able to mutate in ways not seen before.

image.pngimage.png

Also lets not forget we have Zombie Tigers now

image.jpeg

Trailers

Spoiler

IX Trailer

Voyage of Despair Trailer

Chaos Story Trailer

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Nice thread. Maybe link the trailer as well?

Where did you get all this info from?

Sadly I can't give you some brains/likes... but I guess I could pin the topic.

I already said it a bunch of times, but I am glad Treyarch seems to focus on something new. (In regards to story and gameplay.) 

12 minutes ago, Lenne said:

Nice thread. Maybe link the trailer as well?

Where did you get all this info from?

I already said it a bunch of times, but I am glad Treyarch seems to focus on something new. (In regards to story and gameplay.) 

Thanks, I'll update and add the trailers too.

The info is from all over the place: Activision Website; Wiki's; an interview a read with JB on a Playstation Website; a few other places; and my own interpretation of what I saw in the trailers.

I'm mixed on the new story to be honest, having only recently got into BO3 I'm still elbow deep in Aether. It definitely looks interesting though.

Ah... Brains.    I miss Brains.

• Moderators

Brains are still there. Thing is there seem to be some problems with actually awarding them. Some Posts/users I can't give any brains/likes.

This topic is a nice summary so I reckon it deserves the pin and I mean when a highest round topic can be pinned this one surely can as well.

I am curious to see if this new story will properly be linked to the old one (not just in regards to the new perk system) in some shape, but if I had to take a guess the communitie's cry out will be loud enough it surely will happen. So I'd be surprised if the BotD and classified maps will be the only ones. Maybe we will even get more than 4 maps next year which could help in telling the story.

I am curious to see if this new story will properly be linked to the old one (not just in regards to the new perk system) in some shape, but if I had to take a guess the communitie's cry out will be loud enough it surely will happen. So I'd be surprised if the BotD and classified maps will be the only ones. 

I'd be surprised if it is the end of Aether too, cannot see them combining the two stories though. The fundamentals of each (Aether and Chaos) are so different even down to the origins of the zombies themselves. This is 3arc though so anything is possible.

Maybe we will even get more than 4 maps next year which could help in telling the story.

There's 4 already announced so there has to be more right. Unless the DLC they release through the year contains no zombie content then its a safe bet there will be. Can you imagine the outcry from the zombie community if they buy the Black Ops Pass (Ugh... I threw up a little just typing those words) only to later find out there will be no zombie related DLC.

• Moderators
On 7/24/2018 at 3:29 PM, Lenne said:

Me either but @Wooodd you succeed in hyping me up for the upcoming game. This new story will be an entirely new start for this community. If I could give it: Brains to you!

3 hours ago, anonymous said:

Me either but @Wooodd you succeed in hyping me up for the upcoming game. This new story will be an entirely new start for this community. If I could give it: Brains to you!

Thanks @anonymous

I'm surprised there isn't more hype around Chaos TBH, as much as I love the Aether story-line it will be nice to get a fresh story from 3arc. Particularly if they put the same level if intrigue and intricacy into this one as with Aether.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Wooodd said:

it will be nice to get a fresh story from 3arc

Yes so much yes. 

They could make it as fun and mysterious as the original story back in waw/BO1. I wasn't much of a theorist back in those days either, but I whole heartly enjoyed catching up on the story line back then and I wish for it to be like that again.

5 minutes ago, Lenne said:

Yes so much yes. 

They could make it as fun and mysterious as the original story back in waw/BO1. I wasn't much of a theorist back in those days either, but I whole heartly enjoyed catching up on the story line back then and I wish for it to be like that again.

Me too.

The beginning of BO2's cycle is when I got into Zombies and I had a lot of catching up to do. Would be nice to be on the ground floor this time around.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:17 AM, Lenne said:

Yes so much yes. 

From what I gather, Blundell and the team are getting back to the roots of zombies.  More focus on round survival and with the new storyline, they have a clean slate to start with without trying to tie in old maps to the story.  I am stoked to see what they have in store for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

So one thing I thought about these last couple of weeks. (Not constantly or anything, but whenever I turned on BO III. ^^) Is the fact that we have not seen any gum Machines in the trailers.

Is there any word on the gums being back? 

In my thread about Perks, I noticed that some of the gobblegum ideas have been carried over.  Remember, we are not in the Monty timeline anymore.  Maybe it is just what Blundell was eluding to.  Back to the basics of zombies.  Lets make it a challenge again.  WWII was far to easy.  I beat the EE's far quicker than any other game.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JJMFP said:

Remember, we are not in the Monty timeline anymore.

Which begs two questions: What about Newtons Cookbook (cause that seems like another loose end) and how will they try to pull aditional money out of the zombies mode. Or maybe they won't do microtransactions in zombies this time around? Yeah right...

23 hours ago, Lenne said:

So one thing I thought about these last couple of weeks. (Not constantly or anything, but whenever I turned on BO III. ^^) Is the fact that we have not seen any gum Machines in the trailers.

Is there any word on the gums being back? 

Milo interviewed JB a while ago and JB said there wont be GG's but there will be something similar. What that could be in anyones guess

On 8/18/2018 at 11:17 AM, Lenne said:

Which begs two questions: What about Newtons Cookbook (cause that seems like another loose end) and how will they try to pull aditional money out of the zombies mode. Or maybe they won't do microtransactions in zombies this time around? Yeah right...

Something I read yesterday got me thinking.  It was written that Black Ops IV had to timelines available at launch.  We all know that Blood of the Dead is coming.  There may be a work around to tie up those loose ends.  Who knows?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JJMFP said:

Something I read yesterday got me thinking.  It was written that Black Ops IV had to timelines available at launch.  We all know that Blood of the Dead is coming.  There may be a work around to tie up those loose ends.  Who knows?

Yeah I guess there will be a timeline for the new crew and one for the Monty timeline and in the latter one GG's and Newtons cookbook most likely will play a role.

I wish they'd just announce their dlc model maybe we can get two maps with each pack? But I also red and/or heard that there will be no map packs but like two mp maps per month, but no word on how the Z maps will be handled. I would love more than 4 maps this season, as I already wrote.

Here is what I could dig up.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 DLC Content

We know what you get in the Black Ops Pass, but it might not be all the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 DLC content that you get.

There is DLC for multiplayer, Zombies and the new Blackout Battle Royale mode. This is the confirmed Black Ops 4 DLC.

• “Classified,” a bonus Zombies experience, available at launch
  • 4 additional all-new Zombies experiences
  • 12 Multiplayer maps
  • 4 exclusive Blackout characters

That’s a step down from the 16 maps we used to see with a season pass, and a little shocking considering Call of Duty: WWII at least added War mode maps.

The Blackout characters will likely be cosmetic only, and it’s not clear what they will be yet. There is one massive Blackout map coming, and it’s unclear if they will add in additional maps later.

Activision also states that players will see in-game content and themed events that create “a robust content season.”

https://www.gottabemobile.com/black-ops-pass-black-ops-4-dlc-details-maps-price/

I like how it says "experiences" and not "Maps"  Here is to hoping for an immersive game play and story experience.

Also, they did elude to the fact that this game was no longer looking to be playable for two years, but that they intend on extending the life of this game beyond what we are used to.  Treyarch and Activision will continually send updates to the game far longer than any other game that currently exists.

Archived